BANGKOK
Lacrimas

Work permit for international consultant

20 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Wasn't there a possibility to open a representative office of foreign company? I think it had no Thai employees requirement but the documentation from foreign company was required and it was time limited, I think 1 or 2 years max? But that's a long time ago, maybe no longer exists...

Yes it does......

I talked to a lawyer and he told me that in case you declare you want to help your wife in her business 2 employees are not required and they can issue a work permit for that. Seems there's hope but I will need to investigate further. 

2 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

I talked to a lawyer and he told me that in case you declare you want to help your wife in her business 2 employees are not required and they can issue a work permit for that. Seems there's hope but I will need to investigate further. 

The lawyer's "fee" may be part of that arrangement.  But, in general, the particular labor-office makes the call.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:11 PM, JackThompson said:

That's essentially using a "fake" employee.  I would not recommend going down that road, though may undoubtedly do.

The Smart Visa idea could work for the OP, though - could be a good fit.  I didn't know the min-pay was 100K - thought it was 200K.  I need to look into this for my own situation.

They lowered it to 100k but afaik you need to be employed by a Thai company that pays you the 100k salary? I think for any decent DN a salary of 100k wouldn't be the problem, it's the Thai company that's the problem.