UK says PM's adviser did not break lockdown rules with 400 km drive

rooster59

Did Dominic Cummings actually break any lockdown rules?

The Deputy Chief Medical Officer's policy over "exceptional circumstances" could provide Cummings with a get-out clause

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/05/23/did-dominic-cummings-break-lockdown-rules1/

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350/contents

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Cummings is a liability.

Will Johnson allow him to drag him down with him ?

No Boris sticks with him finding he did what every parent would do ....Boris his words 

So no every body can do same ....using his words as defense ,i would say ...trow away the restrictions

Result of Boris press presentation

2 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

their new wooden leader starmer is always desperate for some browny points but his standing is still at rock bottom much to his fury .he was the man who didnt take jimmy saville to court

Except he wasn't.

Starmer vs the trolls: Brexiters online react with outrage to new Labour leader

Starmer was Director of Public Prosecutions and head of the CPS in 2009 but the decision not to charge the TV personality was taken by another prosecutor, after a series of police and prosecution failings. Savile's case may never have crossed Starmer's desk.

But in private Facebook groups, where users are asked to outline their commitment to Brexit before gaining membership, there are few voices to counter the post's simple argument.

In these digital spaces, many have made up their mind about Starmer. Fake news and dubious sources serve to shore up their opinions.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

From what I saw before the Mods removed it (and no, I didn't report it) it was a man ranting on and on about his opinion being fact and that all those who didn't agree were too stupid to understand.

Sounds very like a certain member of this board!

I was more interested in the raw footage of the Rugby scrum outside his house before MSM sanitised it before releasing the tidied up version you all swallowed yesterday. As the boards are being purged to the point of ridicule the very people that need to see it are missing the opportunity to do so. Anyone that is following the Q drops will be familiar with the ability to look in all directions instead of lapping up anything served by MSM without question. It took me a while to get used to it but i'm glad that I did.

Edited by evadgib

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

How many times have you posted this now?

The special circumstances you mention do not apply here because at least one person in the household, Mrs. Cummings (or Ms Wakefield as I believe she prefers), already had the virus when they made the trip.

I said before that Cummings' sister could have used the 'special circumstances' excuse to come to London and collect the child. That was based upon memory and having now checked the guidance I admit was wrong on that point . All three, Cummings, his wife and their child, should have remained at home.

Stay at home: guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection

Posted only once and it's not down to you to decide if Cummings should ask his sister to come to London or not 

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020

Restrictions on movement

During the emergency period, no person may leave [F1or be outside of] the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

As per Deputy Chief Medical Officer's Dr Wakefield statment in March

For the purposes of paragraph (1), a reasonable excuse includes the need—

to provide care or assistance, including relevant personal care within the meaning of paragraph 7(3B) of Schedule 4 to the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 F7, to a vulnerable person, or to provide emergency assistance;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350/regulation/6

From todays Mail (not a source anyone can claim to be a PC, left wing, anti Tory rag!): Dominic Cummings' wife described how he 'collapsed and had spasms' during family's coronavirus isolation - but failed to mention that they had broken lockdown to travel from London to Durham

Despite claims that the couple travelled 260 miles so they could access childcare, the article Ms Wakefield wrote for the Spectator last month says he was nursed by their young son.

And it gave the strong sense that the family had remained in the capital, saying Mr Cummings had 'rushed home' when she first developed symptoms, and that they 'emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I think he will stick by him as long as possible. I can't decide if he has wholly unquestionable loyalty or if he is simply a weak man who cannot stand up to stronger individuals, but such devotion to his friends has obviously got him in trouble in the past, such as the time when Darius Guppy cajoled Johnson into conspiring to help him get a journalist beaten up because Guppy didn't like him. 

It struck me as unquestioning loyalty and was delivered far more professionally than I was expecting. It may yet come unstuck if photos etc of the alledged castle trip surface in the next few days, but for now it appears MSMs ploy has again been out maneuvered.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

More fudging the issue from Boris. He can't dump him as he is the brains behind the bluffing. This will rumble on, it makes a mockery of the so called "lockdown".

of course now everybody with good reason is entitled to do the same as Cummings ….. a wild card for who need  ...just claiming the "Cummings factor "

• Like 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

It struck me as unquestioning loyalty and was delivered far more professionally than I was expecting. It may yet come unstuck if photos etc of the alledged castle trip surface in the next few days, but for now it appears MSMs ploy has again been out maneuvered.

he kept the questions quit short I found ….and a sudden ending …...now the " fall out " go start ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown."

And that can be taken as when they returned to London

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Posted only once

If you like I can trawl through the topic linking to all those where you have posted this before; not in the same words, but nevertheless the same point. Starting with 

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

and it's not down to you to decide if Cummings should ask his sister to come to London or not 

Never said it was; though I did previously wonder why he didn't. But in my post you have quoted admitted I was wrong on that point.

For the rest of your post, I again refer you to Stay at home: guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown."

And that can be taken as when they returned to London

How do you explain her saying that the child they supposedly drove to Durham to be taken care of away from them both was nursing his father?

Oh what a tangled web we weave.......!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

How do you explain her saying that the child they supposedly drove to Durham to be taken care of away from them both was nursing his father?

They didn't say that You need to read the full article 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:
6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

They didn't say that You need to read the full article 

I did, you should try it: 

Despite the suggestion that the couple had gone to Durham for childcare, Ms Wakefield said Ceddy, had 'administered' Ribena to Mr Cummings with the 'grim insistence of a Broadmoor nurse'. 

'This might be my only useful advice for other double-Covid parents or single mothers with pre-schoolers,' she wrote. 

'Get out the doctor's kit and make it your child's job to take your temperature. Any game that involves lying down is a good game.' 

Doesn't sound like the child spent much time at Cummings' sister's; wherever his parents were!

You've got plenty of time to try for a response; I promised to cook dinner this evening and my wife has started with the evil looks!

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Well, these are definitely strange times we live in. This is the latest tweet from the official UK Civil Service twitter account. I guess someone is baling early it this evening. 

Civil Servants work for the Govt, not t'other way around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andy72 said:

UK LOCK  DOWN OFFICIALLY OVER

if its okay for that <deleted> 

its okay for everyone else

just rip up the fines no need to pay

Its just the same as Blair was with Alistair Campbell & Mandellson

Did it ever start apart from pubs being shut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I did, you should try it: 

Doesn't sound like the child spent much time at Cummings' sister's; wherever his parents were!

The article in the Spectator doesn't mention Durham that is the daily mail headline 

"

After a week, we reached peak corona uncertainty. Day six is a turning point, I was told: that's when you either get better or head for ICU. But was Dom fighting off the bug or was he heading for a ventilator? Who knew? I sat on his bed staring at his chest, trying to count his breaths per minute. The little oxygen reader we'd bought on Amazon indicated that he should be in hospital, but his lips weren't blue and he could talk in full sentences, such as: 'Please stop staring at my chest, sweetheart.'

When do you go to hospital? Do you really wait until the lips go blue? Cedd, in his doctor's uniform, administered Ribena with the grim insistence of a Broadmoor nurse, and this might be my only really useful advice for other double-Covid parents or single mothers with pre-schoolers: get out the doctor's kit and make it your child's job to take your temperature. Any game that involves lying down is a good game."

They went to Durham so the sister could provide assistance for shopping taking care of the their son if they felt they could no longer provide the care themselves

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

If you like I can trawl through the topic linking to all those where you have posted this before; not in the same words, but nevertheless the same point. Starting with 

Never said it was; though I did previously wonder why he didn't. But in my post you have quoted admitted I was wrong on that point.

For the rest of your post, I again refer you to Stay at home: guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection

your welcome to I have no problem maybe you can also trawl through your own posts where you have stated that  Cummins is the boss / puppet master and that Boris works for cummings and is the puppet you constantly repeat key words over and over as if your trying to get your message across to the TVF members but for whatever reason they are not listening to you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1