UK says PM's adviser did not break lockdown rules with 400 km drive

rooster59

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

More fudging the issue from Boris. He can't dump him as he is the brains behind the bluffing. This will rumble on, it makes a mockery of the so called "lockdown".

the alternative of a labour gumment is so terrfying bojo will ride it out and get returned again and again

• Thanks 1

This whole fuss is just remainers' revenge for him getting Brexit done.

As though other politicians haven't done a lot worse in other matters and not kept their jobs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I said before that Cummings' sister could have used the 'special circumstances' excuse to come to London and collect the child. That was based upon memory and having now checked the guidance I admit was wrong on that point .

Apology accepted, would have been respectful to acknowledge it on my post though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Posted only once and it's not down to you to decide if Cummings should ask his sister to come to London or not 

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020

Restrictions on movement

During the emergency period, no person may leave [F1or be outside of] the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

As per Deputy Chief Medical Officer's Dr Wakefield statment in March

For the purposes of paragraph (1), a reasonable excuse includes the need—

to provide care or assistance, including relevant personal care within the meaning of paragraph 7(3B) of Schedule 4 to the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 F7, to a vulnerable person, or to provide emergency assistance;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350/regulation/6

Why are you omitting one of the following sentences, that clearly state how he should have handled? According to the law this was clearly not a reasonable excuse.

You're defending the indefensible, just admit you don't care in Cummings' case.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Why are you omitting one of the following sentences, that clearly state how he should have handled? According to the law this was clearly not a reasonable excuse.

You're defending the indefensible, just admit you don't care in Cummings' case.

The reasonable excuses listed in Regulation 6 of the coronavirus Health Protection Regulations for England, as they stood at the time, are inclusive, not exclusive. The sole issue in the case of Mr Cummings is whether what he and his wife did, in the circumstances as they existed when they drove to Co Durham, amounted to “a reasonable excuse”.That is a matter of opinion, not of law. Only a court can determine that: not a QC, nor Alastair Campbell, nor Uncle Tom Cobbleigh

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2020/05/24/letters-law-behaviour-dominic-cummings-going-durham/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

See my post #373. No sane person could regard the excuse the PM put forward as reasonable.

That's your opinion and thats fine, other people disagree with you and that's fine as well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And I don't think you facts would stand up in a Court of Law

They most certainly would. All the facts I quoted are a matter of public record, mostly given in Downing Street statements or the PM himself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

They most certainly would. All the facts I quoted are a matter of public record, mostly given in Downing Street statements or the PM himself.

And I disagree wth you and there are a number of other people that disagree with you

When people want trial and execution by a media witchhunt there a reason and that reason is the facts wouldn't stand up in  a Law Court

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

And I disagree wth you and there are a number of other people that disagree with you

When people want trial and execution by a media witchhunt there a reason and that reason is the facts wouldn't stand up in  a Law Court

The facts I stated would stand up in law, as I stated. Don't argue about opinions, argue about the facts I stated.

The public has a right to ask questions and demand answers on this occasion. Thousands of families in the UK have been in similar circumstances. Did they break the guidelines, the guidelines that Cummings himself formulated? Those people are entitled to know why Cummings was subjected to different guidelines to them. They won't allow this travesty to be swept under the carpet.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

The facts I stated would stand up in law, as I stated. Don't argue about opinions, argue about the facts I stated.

The public has a right to ask questions and demand answers on this occasion. Thousands of families in the UK have been in similar circumstances. Did they break the guidelines, the guidelines that Cummings himself formulated? Those people are entitled to know why Cummings was subjected to different guidelines to them. They won't allow this travesty to be swept under the carpet.

If your sure that your "facts would stand up in a court of law where you have to  prove Beyond a reasonable doubt

Why don't you contact the GoodLaw Project in the UK if they think that you have a good case they will set-up a crowdfund and take your case further

They didn't seem to concerned when Stephen Kinnock and his sister travelled to see their Dad  for his 78th birthday

Edited by vinny41
additional info

Just now, vinny41 said:

If your sure that your "facts would stand up in a court of law where you have to  prove Beyond a reasonable doubt

Why don't you contact the GoodLaw Project in the UK if they think that you have a good case they will set-up a crowdfund and take your case further

I'm sure others will. I'm currently stuck in Thailand and have not been subjected to self isolation in the UK.

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I'm sure others will. I'm currently stuck in Thailand and have not been subjected to self isolation in the UK.

If you not aware by now there are regular flights back to the UK each week

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

If you not aware by now there are regular flights back to the UK each week

Now you're being pathetic. You don't know my circumstances. It's not the flight to the UK that's the problem, Its the return flight and the fact that elective surgery has currently been put on hold in the UK.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Now you're being pathetic. You don't know my circumstances. It's not the flight to the UK that's the problem, Its the return flight and the fact that elective surgery has currently been put on hold in the UK.

Not being pathetic , You posted that you were stuck in Thailand and I offered advice based on your post that  if you weren't aware that there are flights back to the UK on a weekly basis 

8 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Everyone is aware of that, particularly someone who really needs to get back. You were just trying to be clever. If you want to be clever try arguing with the facts I stated, something, after several posts, you have completely failed to do. I wonder why?

Not everyone is aware

A Reader Writes... My Struggle to Return to the UK From Thailand

My wife and myself have just got back from Thailand. There are many thousands more UK nationals unable to get a flight out of the country, and effectively stranded.

https://www.iaindale.com/articles/a-reader-writes-my-struggle-to-return-to-the-uk-from-thailand