UK says PM's adviser did not break lockdown rules with 400 km drive

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Now the people who should be afraid are those who reveal wrong doing by somebody with friends in high places.

Disgusting.

I'll remain open minded until any alleged wrongdoing has been established beyond reasonable doubt.

Where did you stand when plod & the BBC pulled a similar stunt on Cliff Richard? Have you forgotten the outcome?

'But that's different'?

Not yet it isn't!

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, vogie said:

Shock, horror and go to the foot of our stairs, what father would not want to be with his child whilst his mother was ill. 

Ill with COVID19!!!!

exactly the reason FOR lockdown.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

as his wife was ill with COVID-19 and there was a "high likelihood" that Cummings would himself become unwell.

Gee. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elliss said:

The Law is  quite clear . 

What ever one's  Political position , or political party .

Justice , must be carried out . 

Resignation , expected soon ..

OK, you have kids?  Leave them with social services/Barnardos or your mum and dad...... ?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Most decent people would say that taking care of your wife and child is very acceptable, but trying to score cheap political points out of it is nothing worse than despicable.

Why did he and his wife hide it? And what about Kinnock - do you have a problem with one of them, both of them or neither of them?

4 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Yet more deflection. Is that all you've got?

By being open minded and exposing hypocrisy?

Feel free to weigh in with my opinion on this matter when any of you work out what it actually is.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Shock, horror and go to the foot of our stairs, what father would not want to be with his child whilst his mother was ill. Well done Dom for being a decent human being. All your fiercist critics on here would have done exactly the same, infact they wouldn't be much of a father if they didn't. But hey let's make it political and crucify the guy for being decent.

For how many others this would / could be the same case....,? And because lockdown not allowed ?……But oho....not for members of "the happy few "so called leaders who should be exemplary ones to the common people 

What another nice example from ultimate arrogance , sure some blond guy gone be " grilled "once more ….????

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Now you're making zero sense. Keeping the kid at home with you and employing professional help isn't the best option?

You've made no sense since you started, no family would choose a stranger over family. Families need families in times of crisis, its the primary source of care. You really have no idea do you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Any parent would chose to keep their child at home with them, particularly when it could be Covid+ rather than drive it 260 miles to dump it on aged grandparents.

And, yes I do have children, here's one of them, currently in charge of a Covid ward in a UK hospital. I haven't spoken to her since this story broke, but I'm sure she will be as disgusted as me.

1652796395_WhatsAppImage2020-04-06at13_12_29.thumb.jpeg.dcc146049d9c59a0000366b4e6b79ece.jpeg

I doubt the kid was dumped, I'm sure the grandparents were more than willing as that's what families do. I wouldnt hesitate to do the same with my children.

Good luck to your daughter,

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Would that also be the case for someone not befriended to the PM? Should he be allowed to drive 300 Mike's while he is under suspicious of being infected, his wife confirmed of being infected, to drop off a kid at 2 people in the risk group?

It is clearly a violation of the rules they themselves implemented.

I'm not defending Cummings, not a great fan. I'm defending his action as another parent.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1