UK says PM's adviser did not break lockdown rules with 400 km drive

rooster59

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Forget about "all those thousands of people," what would you do, I think I can say without any fear of contradiction from you that if one or more of your family needed your help or guidance you of all people wouldn't say, 'sorry can't go, Boris said so. 

These threads have turned into a Boris bashing and a Dominic derision opportunity, but there again you are very unlikely to say anything positive about this government, and you never will.

Would I would act the same as Cummings in a similar situation? If I did and was caught I would, I hope, not rely on the "Do as I say, not as I do" approach which he seems to be adopting.

The guidelines, as quoted earlier, clearly state that he, his wife and their son should have self isolated at home. They didn't; they broke those guidelines. The guidelines he helped to write.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Would I would act the same as Cummings in a similar situation? If I did and was caught I would, I hope, not rely on the "Do as I say, not as I do" approach which he seems to be adopting.

The guidelines, as quoted earlier, clearly state that he, his wife and their son should have self isolated at home. They didn't; they broke those guidelines. The guidelines he helped to write.

Here is what was stated on March 24

Within 24 hours, Dr Jenny Harries, the deputy chief medical officer for England, outlined possible exceptions to that rule, including how ill parents with a small child created “exceptional circumstances”.

At the Downing Street press conference on March 24 Dr Harries said parents who are ill and may not be able to look after a child created “exceptional circumstances” where family members could be called upon to help.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Do you have evidence that he helped write the guidelines or should we assume your just making it up

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

He broke the lockdown rules; not even he is denying that.

Yes, it's different. Richard was proven innocent of any wrong doing; Cummings, by his own admission, is guilty.

What admission? He says he acted 'Reasonably and legally' and as yet i've seen nothing concrete to suggest otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Here is what was stated on March 24

Within 24 hours, Dr Jenny Harries, the deputy chief medical officer for England, outlined possible exceptions to that rule, including how ill parents with a small child created “exceptional circumstances”.

At the Downing Street press conference on March 24 Dr Harries said parents who are ill and may not be able to look after a child created “exceptional circumstances” where family members could be called upon to help.

"Family members could be called upon to help."

Not "Infected people can break self isolation and make a 500 mile round trip."

As I asked earlier, why did Cummings and his wife break self isolation; could Cummings' sister not travel to London to collect the child?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

"Family members could be called upon to help."

Not "Infected people can break self isolation and make a 500 mile round trip."

As I asked earlier, why did Cummings and his wife break self isolation; could Cummings' sister not travel to London to collect the child?

You will have to ask Cummings' sister why she didn't travel to London

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

What admission? He says he acted 'Reasonably and legally' and as yet i've seen nothing concrete to suggest otherwise.

It is not just in your link that he says instead of he and his wife following the rules and self isolating, he drove to Durham.

That admission.

• Like 2

Just now, 7by7 said:

Such papers are traditionally not attributed to any particular author.

But Cummings is Johnsons most senior advisor and he attended several COBRA meetings on the pandemic. If you believe that he had no input then your naivety is astounding.

So I will take that as a No then you have no  evidence that he helped write the guidelines in previous posts you have indicated that  Cummings is the Boss and that Johnson is working for Cummings so we can assume you were making those statements up then as now your saying Cummings is Johnson's most senior advisor 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

You will have to ask Cummings' sister why she didn't travel to London

To comply with the regulations and guidance, if the child needed looking after then she should have come to collect him; but she didn't. Instead Cummings and his wife broke their self isolation to drive to her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

So I will take that as a No then you have no  evidence that he helped write the guidelines in previous posts you have indicated that  Cummings is the Boss and that Johnson is working for Cummings so we can assume you were making those statements up then as now your saying Cummings is Johnson's most senior advisor 

So you really are that naïve.

It’s really really not on for someone who sat on SAGE in order to pass on and observe scientific advice, to be instrumental in giving that advice, and then to ignore that advice because he was above it all. If it was totally fine, he should have stood up at the time, explained what he was doing to the whole country, encourage others to do the same so the thousands needing to self isolate could zoom hundreds of miles up the country, tell the police that this was a reasonable excuse so not to stop anyone, and tell people they could swap households. Funnily enough he did not do this. I think he should resign

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

To comply with the regulations and guidance, if the child needed looking after then she should have come to collect him; but she didn't. Instead Cummings and his wife broke their self isolation to drive to her.

That is not what the Doctor said

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So you really are that naïve.

I take it then that all your previous posts where you have stated that Cummings is the puppet master and Johnson is the puppet are now false and incorrect 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

No. It's there in full for anyone to listen to.
But the thing is however you try and explain it, there are so many people who have been told to stay indoors and haven't been able to attend the funerals of their parents or children, that it's too late to start making excuses. One rule for them, another rule for the rest of us. 

"Classic Dom" I'm afraid  rules are for the little people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

That piece is accusing the BBC of bias in favour of Johnson?

How can that be when it is regularly accused of being left wing, anti Brexit?

There are many more I could have used inc one where Mike Pence disappeared during a badly spliced interview a few days ago but I assumed my point had been made.

15 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

No. It's there in full for anyone to listen to.
But the thing is however you try and explain it, there are so many people who have been told to stay indoors and haven't been able to attend the funerals of their parents or children, that it's too late to start making excuses. One rule for them, another rule for the rest of us. 

A link would be appreciated as it's not exactly winking at me voluntarily.

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

There are many more I could have used inc one where Mike Pence disappeared during a badly spliced interview a few days ago but I assumed my point had been made.

Can you point to the evidence where Cummings' wife says her piece on Radio 4 was edited and misrepresented by the BBC?

• Like 2