BANGKOK
rooster59

UK says PM's adviser did not break lockdown rules with 400 km drive

1 minute ago, david555 said:

But then the leaders should had made the rule for ALL parents to be allowed in such case …., not for the happy few bunch ….and also for the common people

I can only reiterate that Dom did what he thought was best, as surely you and I would have done, when it comes to families I'm afraid the rule book may go out of the window. I'm sure he didn't drive all that way so he could be a little nearer to the 'Angel of the North'

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

And take the consequences of his actions as others did before him and resigned ….

Taking care of your family is not a crime. To put it a different way if one of your family members was ill, or in a crisis, I am sure you wouldn't say 'I'd better not go see them because Boris says', you would be on the A1 faster than a rat up a drainpipe.

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, david555 said:

But then the leaders should had made the rule for ALL parents to be allowed in such case …., not for the happy few bunch ….and also for the common people

They did on March 24th

However Dr Jenny Harries said at the daily Downing Street press briefing on 24 March that a small child could be considered “vulnerable”.

Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance. And if the individuals do not have access to care support - formal care support - or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

They did on March 24th

However Dr Jenny Harries said at the daily Downing Street press briefing on 24 March that a small child could be considered “vulnerable”.

Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance. And if the individuals do not have access to care support - formal care support - or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs.

If he was allowed why then now so much fuzz about …. the rules seems to change every passing day …..anyway I am sure a certain K.Starmer is preparing the "sectioning " of a PM already,... as before ….. looks like Boris found his politic executioner …..😊

Edited by david555

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

If he was allowed why then now so much fuzz about …. the rules seems to change every passing day …..anyway I am sure a certain K.Starmer is preparing the "section" of a PM already,... as before ….. looks like Boris found his politic executioner …..😊

Because most people forget about the small details, her statement was within 24 hrs of  Boris made the statement about lockdowns

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, elliss said:

lets get one thing clear , he he broke guidelines , implemented by this Government .

He must suffer from the consequences , of his actions ..

But He didn't as previously stated 

Within 24 hours, Dr Jenny Harries, the deputy chief medical officer for England, outlined possible exceptions to that rule, including how ill parents with a small child created “exceptional circumstances”.

At the Downing Street press conference on March 24 Dr Harries said parents who are ill and may not be able to look after a child created “exceptional circumstances” where family members could be called upon to help.

• Like 1