BANGKOK
rooster59

UK says PM's adviser did not break lockdown rules with 400 km drive

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Forget about "all those thousands of people," what would you do, I think I can say without any fear of contradiction from you that if one or more of your family needed your help or guidance you of all people wouldn't say, 'sorry can't go, Boris said so. 

These threads have turned into a Boris bashing and a Dominic derision opportunity, but there again you are very unlikely to say anything positive about this government, and you never will.

Would I would act the same as Cummings in a similar situation? If I did and was caught I would, I hope, not rely on the "Do as I say, not as I do" approach which he seems to be adopting.

The guidelines, as quoted earlier, clearly state that he, his wife and their son should have self isolated at home. They didn't; they broke those guidelines. The guidelines he helped to write.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Would I would act the same as Cummings in a similar situation? If I did and was caught I would, I hope, not rely on the "Do as I say, not as I do" approach which he seems to be adopting.

The guidelines, as quoted earlier, clearly state that he, his wife and their son should have self isolated at home. They didn't; they broke those guidelines. The guidelines he helped to write.

Here is what was stated on March 24

Within 24 hours, Dr Jenny Harries, the deputy chief medical officer for England, outlined possible exceptions to that rule, including how ill parents with a small child created “exceptional circumstances”.

At the Downing Street press conference on March 24 Dr Harries said parents who are ill and may not be able to look after a child created “exceptional circumstances” where family members could be called upon to help.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Do you have evidence that he helped write the guidelines or should we assume your just making it up

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

He broke the lockdown rules; not even he is denying that.

Yes, it's different. Richard was proven innocent of any wrong doing; Cummings, by his own admission, is guilty.

What admission? He says he acted 'Reasonably and legally' and as yet i've seen nothing concrete to suggest otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Here is what was stated on March 24

Within 24 hours, Dr Jenny Harries, the deputy chief medical officer for England, outlined possible exceptions to that rule, including how ill parents with a small child created “exceptional circumstances”.

At the Downing Street press conference on March 24 Dr Harries said parents who are ill and may not be able to look after a child created “exceptional circumstances” where family members could be called upon to help.

"Family members could be called upon to help."

Not "Infected people can break self isolation and make a 500 mile round trip."

As I asked earlier, why did Cummings and his wife break self isolation; could Cummings' sister not travel to London to collect the child?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

What admission? He says he acted 'Reasonably and legally' and as yet i've seen nothing concrete to suggest otherwise.

Why did his wife pretend they'd been in London? Have you listened to her Radio 4 piece? 

• Like 2