UK says PM's adviser did not break lockdown rules with 400 km drive

rooster59

22 hours ago, 7by7 said:

As I said in another topic: will those who were vociferous in their condemnation of Sturgeon's support for Dr Catherine Calderwood be equally vociferous here?

As most of them are prominent government and Brexit supporters, somehow I doubt it!

I thought that you'd enjoy this news story ????

Perhaps now they will finally reverse Brexit?

Peston quoting a senior unattributed cabinet minster that if the Durham Police's story of the second trip stands up then it's probably curtains for Dom. Starmer and Labour would no doubt hope he stays on at the moment at least well into next week. 

Sir Roger Gale staunch right wing Brexiteer want him out now.  Sir Peter Bone on LBC also saying the same.

Edited by jimmyswale
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

One rule for some another rule for others.

Indeed.

And the same media baying for Cummings resignation are ignoring Stephen Kinnock MP who went to see his dubious millionaire career politician parents, seeming without any justifiable reason.

Usual hypocrisy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

let's see if I get it right.... because the tories have a 80 seat lead and because some people have not been nice to him/them they can brake the law and do as they please...  and they call it democracy 555

I think you must have some English language issues - that's not what he wrote at all!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

He is certainly a controversial character. And I would imagine many in the Conservative Party, cabinet, and parliament don't like him and his apparent hold over the PM.

But, like him or not, trying to force a resignation in the court of public opinion, by hypocritical left wing rags, is nonsense. 

Keep reading …. up to now already 4 Conservatives MP are asking his resignation , some are leading figures …., and it is only 10.13 clock in U.K. some Conservative MP's are still  on their breakfast …...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

I cannot tell you how much I don't give a <deleted> about Dominic Cummings but you are asking him to resign ? REALLY ? Is that what this world has come to?. The blokes a pratt for sure and deserves public shaming but come on, lets get a little perspective here.

he should set example and do as others did.... read post #146

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I think you must have some English language issues - that's not what he wrote at all!

I didn't say that he said it, I was the one saying it, how is it for my English language issues

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

at least some had the balls to resign

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/uk/neil-ferguson-imperial-coronavirus-sage-gbr-intl/index.html

UK coronavirus adviser resigns after reports his lover visited during lockdown

"I acted in the belief that I was immune, having tested positive for coronavirus and completely isolated myself for almost two weeks after developing symptoms," he said.
"I deeply regret any undermining of the clear messages around the continued need for social distancing to control this devastating epidemic.
"The government guidance is unequivocal, and is there to protect all of us."

SCOTLAND: Top Health Official Resigns After Violating Her Own Social Distancing Guidelines

“While there are reasons for what I did, they do not justify it and they were not legitimate reasons to be out of my home,”

One was an adulterer whose married lover broke the rules, and probably lied to her husband, to visit him for sex. Not exactly enhancing his credibility! And he and his lover have probably got some other problems now too!

The other visited her second home, twice, without any justifiable reason, other than she wanted to. And she had to be pushed.

Neither have the "balls" you seem to applaud. Although the former was certainly using his!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

Keep reading …. up to now already 4 Conservatives MP are asking his resignation , some are leading figures …., and it is only 10.13 clock in U.K. some Conservative MP's are still  on their breakfast …...

I'm sure that number will grow. I doubt Cummings has very many friends outside of the PM's inner circle. 

Even if they don't get him out, it will weaken his position a bit.

They ain't doing it out of morality or a sense of right!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

Peston quoting a senior unattributed cabinet minster that if the Durham Police's story of the second trip stands up then it's probably curtains for Dom. Starmer and Labour would no doubt hope he stays on at the moment at least well into next week. 

Durham Police are sailing very close to the wind if any of the nonsense attributed to them proves to have been leaked as suspected. IMSC they were the worst performing force in the entire Kingdom by some considerable margin during a recent inspection & the last thing they need is more flack from the likes of the ICO or HMICFRS if they haven't dotted the I's or crossed the T's.

The media can stand by their beds too if they're found to have been telling porkies, again ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

let's see if I get it right.... because the tories have a 80 seat lead and because some people have not been nice to him/them they can brake the law and do as they please...  and they call it democracy 555

Should you chose the Boris regime over your children then that is a matter for your conscience, nobody but you can chose, I just know what I would do, my children come first every time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

the fact of the matter or the matter of fact is they knew they had broken the rules and took the initiative to resig

The fact of the matter is Scotland's former chief medical office said she wouldn't resign, and only did so after having a subsequent discussion with Scotland's First Minister. So, no she certainly didn't take any initiative.

The Professor may be more worried about the impending fall out from his adultery, for him and his married lover. Certainly doubt he's worried about morals and right from wrong.

19 hours ago, vogie said:

Taking care of your family is not a crime. To put it a different way if one of your family members was ill, or in a crisis, I am sure you wouldn't say 'I'd better not go see them because Boris says', you would be on the A1 faster than a rat up a drainpipe.

The exception that proves the rule

• Like 2