Tens of thousand of Thailand’s sex workers left out of pocket due to COVID-19

rooster59

15 minutes ago, 19DL86 said:

So what did you expect, a high brow philosophical, social and economical debate on Thailand's unlawful and illegal black market in sex?

I notice you like to use BIG words. Fact is arranging sex in bars etc is illegal. Private arrangements different story. Not illegal hence bar fine.

Sex in bar such as Soi 6 etc had crack down way back.

Grow up. Paid sex is world wide industry.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Haha.  You jealous?

Well, I never did fall into the Falang purgatory trap of getting married, having kids living in a village growing vegetables...  

Purgatory for some I admit, but blissful paradise for those who don't want to listen to auld guys banging on about (no pun intended) the hookers they've pulled as if they had actually managed to lay a woman who was genuinely interested in them. 

Each to his own. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I notice you like to use BIG words. Fact is arranging sex in bars etc is illegal. Private arrangements different story. Not illegal hence bar fine.

Sex in bar such as Soi 6 etc had crack down way back.

Grow up. Paid sex is world wide industry.

Sorry if you would rather I use monosylabic words to help you understand.  As it does seem you are struggling to comprehend my comments in response to what's being said here.

Purchase of sex on a street is also illegal.  I am not a Puritan and as I ve wrote on here I ve partaken on many an occasion.

What I was simply trying to convey is what kind of discussion to this subject might you feel is more suited to this forum page, than the Farang Pub one? As you seemed to infer that's where this belongs.

Thanks for the advice on growing up, might I suggest you learn to read a little better.

Edited by 19DL86
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2020 at 6:15 PM, Traubert said:

Prostitution is illegal in China.

By the way Hubei is the province, Wuhan is a city.

"Prostitution is illegal in China."  Maybe, but spreading viruses obviously isn't.

On 5/23/2020 at 5:44 PM, rooster59 said:

Thanta said 100,000 people were in serious trouble.

If the female bracket for sex working is about 18 to 35 then this represents about 1.5% of that group of women.  Maybe the country needs to diversify its labor system!  ????????

• Like 2

10 hours ago, djayz said:

Purgatory for some I admit, but blissful paradise for those who don't want to listen to auld guys banging on about (no pun intended) the hookers they've pulled as if they had actually managed to lay a woman who was genuinely interested in them. 

Each to his own. 

Blissful paradise is what we all seek, yet we obtain it in different ways.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 5:53 PM, bkk6060 said:

The last 3 days I had 3 different girls come to my room.

I picked the hottest girls on the dating sites.  Why not?

All interestingly said they worked on Soi 6.

So, they should not complain for the next few days as they were well taken care of.

And thank you, so was I. ????

I hope you practiced social distancing!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Blissful paradise is what we all seek, yet we obtain it in different ways.

True. I didn't think of that before posting. My bad. 

On 5/23/2020 at 5:50 PM, Mavideol said:

money, easy come easy go, maybe the majority of them never thought about savings and possible hard times

Many did not simply make enough to save.  It's not the same as the money we made.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

I hope you practiced social distancing!

Hey, he sounds like a reasonable chap -- thus, must of kept the three at least 6 feet apart from each other. Now, I feel a pun coming on about 3 ladies with 6 feet.... Nevermind.

Why not open up the gogo bars and massage places, but have everyone wear masks. After all:

• Nurse theme in gogo bars never gets old. Now with masks it can be even sexier.
  • No one kisses prostitutes anyways
  • Covid-19 is not transmitted through sexual contact

Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, andux said:

Why not open up the gogo bars and massage places, but have everyone wear masks. After all:

• Nurse theme in gogo bars never gets old. Now with masks it can be even sexier.
  • No one kisses prostitutes anyways
  • Covid-19 is not transmitted through sexual contact

Thoughts?

Masks only help a little. Heavy breathing is one way Covid is spread. It's hard for some to have sex from 2 meters away, and no, no one's that long. And finally, you are kidding right?

On 5/23/2020 at 6:09 PM, samsensam said:

In addition the government has given them little assistance.

Only a few qualified for government 5,000 baht handouts.

did they declare their annual earnings and pay an income tax owing? if they did then they have a case for assistance, if they didn't then they cant really expect help from the government. you make your bed...

No but they probably pay alot of VAT for all the new phones they convince their clients to  buy them. Part of he idea of Value Added Taxes is that they guarantee some tax take from people who are outside the system. I'm sure most of them spend every cent they earn so must add up over time.