Non-O Retirement Renewal - Need your input

Hello Everyone, My wife and I both need to renew our Non-O visa in June. This is the Check List of what I need as far as I can tell. Can anyone tell me if I am missing anything?

• 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application forms.
• income proven by a income letter from your embassy.( Our Embassy still provide this)
• Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. 
• Copy of TM6 departure card.
• Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. 
• Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Thanks in advance for your input

ps. Because of Covid, we have not done our 90 days in April since we heard it was not required until July 31. Hope this does not foul up anything.

Edited by Such a Hairy Guy

Those are mostly all requirement to apply for an extension based upon marriage to a Thai. What extension would you be applying for.

If not no need for photos and two sets of documents and forms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Those are mostly all requirement to apply for an extension based upon marriage to a Thai. What extension would you be applying for.

If not no need for photos and two sets of documents and forms.

Just applying for a Non-O yearly renewal. Retired. This is our first renewal.

Not married to Thai. Legally married to my wife.  Same nationality. Both of us on same visa. So no need for marriage registration I assume.

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Do you each have 65k per month income?  Or will one of you be applying for a one year dependent extension of stay?

Our embassy will provide a letter of income for both of us. We are both applying for the same visa

Edited by Such a Hairy Guy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Such a Hairy Guy said:

Our embassy will provide a letter of income for both of us. We are both applying for the same visa

Both of you will be applying extensions on stay based upon retirement (it is not a visa).

Both of you will need the following since it will be two separate applications.

One completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

Copies of passport photo page, visa, current extension stamp, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Proof of 65k baht income. They can ask for backup proof for the  income letter and/or the source of it.

Some offices will want a map to your residence.

• Like 1

OP, as above, you will both be applying for "separate" retirement extensions of stay. You will not be presenting as husband and wife. There will be no requirement for photos together etc, as that is a requirement for a "married to a Thai" extension.

Everything else on your list would usually be required (depends on the office). There may also be a requirement to show a current TM30 receipt or have one in the immigration computer system.

Its always a good idea to enquire directly at the immigration office you will be using for specific local requirements. Otherwise people can only advise the broad generally required documents.

• Like 1

You still have to show the source of the income and the monthly amount. Your deposits from your pension into your bank in your home country are acceptable. I just renewed mine last week and they wanted 12 months of pension statements plus a letter from my Thai bank. I apply using the 65000 baht per month option. The embassy letter is an affidavit of residency and income but not proof of income. 

I assume you have a Thai bank account, if so you'll need to bring your bank book as well. Also print out a map of  your home location. Otherwise You may be asked to draw a map. Even though they can look it up on their computer Its just part of the stress tests.

Many local lawyers will review your papers and fill out the forms make copies and submit them for you at immigration ( you're there together) for a reasonable fee. Usually 2000 baht. Don't pay any more than that. But it streamlines the sillyness. 

7 minutes ago, Greg O said:

You still have to show the source of the income and the monthly amount. Your deposits from your pension into your bank in your home country are acceptable. I just renewed mine last week and they wanted 12 months of pension statements plus a letter from my Thai bank. I apply using the 65000 baht per month option. The embassy letter is an affidavit of residency and income but not proof of income. 

I assume you have a Thai bank account, if so you'll need to bring your bank book as well. Also print out a map of  your home location. Otherwise You may be asked to draw a map. Even though they can look it up on their computer Its just part of the stress tests.

Many local lawyers will review your papers and fill out the forms make copies and submit them for you at immigration ( you're there together) for a reasonable fee. Usually 2000 baht. Don't pay any more than that. But it streamlines the sillyness. 

Depends on the office but usually the embassy letter (if your embassy still does them) is accepted as proof of income and no further bank statements are required. Bank statements are usually only required in the absence of an embassy letter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, berybert said:

Can you not do your 90 day report online ? 

You can still do 90 day reports online but at the moment there is a general non-requirement for 90 day reports due to Covid.

The OP probably couldnt report online as it appears he has only just arrived on a 90 day visa and wouldn't be in the system as yet, as no previous 90 day report.

You'll need some proof of address.
When I do my Retirement Extension, I provide a photocopy of the front and back of my (Thai) driver's license.

Previously, I would align the front of my Electricity, Cable TV and Internet bills (so my name and address are visible) and photocopy that which was good enough as proof of address as well (at least at Jomtien it is/was). Copies of rental contracts can be used as well.

I just did my paperwork for my next extension that is due soon.

• TM.7 filled out and signed (with phone number written in next to the signature as per Jomtien's request from previous years).
  • One passport size photo.
  • Photo copy of passport pages (all signed) - Face page, page with visa transfer stamps (from previous passport), page with current Extension stamp(s), page with last Entry stamp (if not on a previous page).
  • Photocopy of Departure Card
  • Photocopy of Driver's License (front and back, can be on same page) or other proof of address
  • Letter from Bank (I used "money in bank" method)
  • Photocopy of updated bank book

(Note: all photocopies have to be signed. At Jomtien they don't mind if they are signed ahead of time. Saves time that way.)

Keep in mind that each Immigration Office may have different requirements. What Jomtien expects/accepts may not be the same as any other office.

Also keep in mind if you are planning on travelling outside of the country, even if it's just to Cambodia or Laos for a weekend, you will need a Re-Entry permit before you go. If you leave without one, your Extension will be voided and you will have to start the process from the beginning as though you never had an Extension before.

(You can get a Single or Multi Re-Entry permit at Immigration or get a Single Re-Entry permit at the airport before you leave. Just don't forget about it !)

Having read though all the comments I am surprised that no one has mentioned a doctor/ medical certificate or is Koh Samui the only immigration office in the country that requires a medical certificate 

• Like 1

Yes, they are known to ask for that at that office for retirement-based, though the rule was removed years ago.  Each office can make up any rules they want, and nothing is done to stop it.

@Greg O - It is only that one office - maybe a couple others (haven't heard of it).  There is no rule in existence requiring this for Retirment or Thai-family based non-o extensions.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Both of you will be applying extensions on stay based upon retirement (it is not a visa).

Both of you will need the following since it will be two separate applications.

One completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

Copies of passport photo page, visa, current extension stamp, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Proof of 65k baht income. They can ask for backup proof for the  income letter and/or the source of it.

Some offices will want a map to your residence.

TM 6 card copy front and rear. 

(Happened to me.)

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I sometimes forget the new ones has something on the back of it. Older ones do not have anything on it.

Actually they often had date of entry on the back - my last in 2003 still had that. 

15 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

You can still do 90 day reports online but at the moment there is a general non-requirement for 90 day reports due to Covid.

The OP probably couldnt report online as it appears he has only just arrived on a 90 day visa and wouldn't be in the system as yet, as no previous 90 day report.

What on earth are you talking about ? He is doing a yearly extension. 

Edited by berybert

8 hours ago, berybert said:

What on earth are you talking about ? He is doing a yearly extension. 

Edited 8 hours ago by berybert

Poster also mentioned 90 day reports as below.

On 5/23/2020 at 5:56 PM, Such a Hairy Guy said:

ps. Because of Covid, we have not done our 90 days in April since we heard it was not required until July 31. Hope this does not foul up anything.

Edited Saturday at 05:57 PM by Such a Hairy Guy

On 5/23/2020 at 5:56 PM, Such a Hairy Guy said:

income proven by a income letter from your embassy.( Our Embassy still provide this)

Your embassy is still open for non emergency actions, like an income letter? Sweet. Must be the Swedish embassy, as the Swedish policy re corvid 19 is to keep virtually everything open (and when all the dust settles, they'll probably be shown as correct).

searching and cannot find it.   My retirement extension is due july 6, how much sooner can i go, I want it done as soon as possible before the lines come back.  I think its a month but not sure.  Jomtien   thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone, it went smoothly. The only hiccup is this time despite the Income Certification letter from our Embassy, they wanted a photocopy of our bank passbook. We dont keep any money in there, just for transaction but that was good enough for them.

Go figure...

• Thanks 1