BANGKOK
Such a Hairy Guy

Non-O Retirement Renewal - Need your input

Having read though all the comments I am surprised that no one has mentioned a doctor/ medical certificate or is Koh Samui the only immigration office in the country that requires a medical certificate 

• Like 1

No medical required for a one year retirement extension. Not sure about a Non O .

Yes, they are known to ask for that at that office for retirement-based, though the rule was removed years ago.  Each office can make up any rules they want, and nothing is done to stop it.

@Greg O - It is only that one office - maybe a couple others (haven't heard of it).  There is no rule in existence requiring this for Retirment or Thai-family based non-o extensions.

11 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

though the rule was removed years ago. 

2005 was last time asked in Bangkok.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Both of you will be applying extensions on stay based upon retirement (it is not a visa).

Both of you will need the following since it will be two separate applications.

One completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

Copies of passport photo page, visa, current extension stamp, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Proof of 65k baht income. They can ask for backup proof for the  income letter and/or the source of it.

Some offices will want a map to your residence.

TM 6 card copy front and rear. 

(Happened to me.)

29 minutes ago, FNQ said:

TM 6 card copy front and rear. 

I sometimes forget the new ones has something on the back of it. Older ones do not have anything on it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I sometimes forget the new ones has something on the back of it. Older ones do not have anything on it.

Actually they often had date of entry on the back - my last in 2003 still had that. 

15 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

You can still do 90 day reports online but at the moment there is a general non-requirement for 90 day reports due to Covid.

The OP probably couldnt report online as it appears he has only just arrived on a 90 day visa and wouldn't be in the system as yet, as no previous 90 day report.

What on earth are you talking about ? He is doing a yearly extension. 

Edited by berybert

8 hours ago, berybert said:

What on earth are you talking about ? He is doing a yearly extension. 

Edited 8 hours ago by berybert

Poster also mentioned 90 day reports as below.

On 5/23/2020 at 5:56 PM, Such a Hairy Guy said:

ps. Because of Covid, we have not done our 90 days in April since we heard it was not required until July 31. Hope this does not foul up anything.

Edited Saturday at 05:57 PM by Such a Hairy Guy

On 5/23/2020 at 5:56 PM, Such a Hairy Guy said:

income proven by a income letter from your embassy.( Our Embassy still provide this)

Your embassy is still open for non emergency actions, like an income letter? Sweet. Must be the Swedish embassy, as the Swedish policy re corvid 19 is to keep virtually everything open (and when all the dust settles, they'll probably be shown as correct).

searching and cannot find it.   My retirement extension is due july 6, how much sooner can i go, I want it done as soon as possible before the lines come back.  I think its a month but not sure.  Jomtien   thanks in advance