QR code. now at local 7/11

orchidfan

26 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

They have no way to track anyway.  The paperwork is often not dated or timed (my local Tesco and Big C) and where do you think it all goes and who is collating all that data in thousands of locations, the answer is nobody.  It's a meaningless and stupid public relations exercise, nothing more. 

That is with paper trace. however QR code should be different if applied good. But they only need to collect the data if a person with corvid is found. Then they need to talk to that person get where he / she was and from there on do the work.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, david555 said:

So far no QR code to get into my apartment(at least not yet).

You giving them the ultimate  idea now ….! 5555

No, the ultimate idea will be a compulsory QR code tattooed just beneath sex workers belly buttons.

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is with paper trace. however QR code should be different if applied good. But they only need to collect the data if a person with corvid is found. Then they need to talk to that person get where he / she was and from there on do the work.

An impossible exercise. 

1 minute ago, Denim said:

No, the ultimate idea will be a compulsory QR code tattooed just beneath sex workers belly buttons.

No the ultimate would be that locator chip implanted ….

2 minutes ago, doctormann said:

I don't particularly like the idea of being tracked but using a false name and phone number is not sensible. 

The numpties running the show here do not seem to be very bright but surely they are not so stupid as to not realise when spoof names are being entered into a register - always assuming that anyone actually checks!

If D Trump, B Obama, V Putin, B Johnson, Y Bear et al have been shopping all over Thailand then it doesn't take a genius to spot that something is not kosher.  It might well end up as having to scan the QR code, with no alternative - or no entry to the mall, or wherever'

use common not famous names and by preference a certain office number ….be inventive not only funny joking....55555

Edited by david555

30 minutes ago, cmsally said:

I was assuming most Thais are scanning the QR code until today when I went shopping with a bunch of Thais. Lets just say they are going through the motions.

The security guard at Index actually took my phone out of my hands to check that I checked in correctly!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

use common not famous names and by preference a certain office number ….be inventive not only funny joking....55555

Yes, but some people are being rather silly!

Maybe Winston Smith might be an appropriate name as it is getting a bit like 1984 here, now.

Edited by doctormann
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

An impossible exercise. 

I don't see it as impossible. But the paper is clearly worse then digital. The idea is great implantation needs more work. It should all be digital that would be the best way. 

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, doctormann said:

I don't particularly like the idea of being tracked but using a false name and phone number is not sensible. 

The numpties running the show here do not seem to be very bright but surely they are not so stupid as to not realise when spoof names are being entered into a register - always assuming that anyone actually checks!

If D Trump, B Obama, V Putin, B Johnson, Y Bear et al have been shopping all over Thailand then it doesn't take a genius to spot that something is not kosher.  It might well end up as having to scan the QR code, with no alternative - or no entry to the mall, or wherever'

I don't particularly like the idea of being tracked so closely, but if helps beat this epidemic then I am all for it.

The big question is - When or if will they stop using this tracking system. The government has often floated ideas of tracking foreigners with GPS and who knows what. Now they have a system, so will they keep it?

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, petedk said:

I don't particularly like the idea of being tracked so closely, but if helps beat this epidemic then I am all for it.

The big question is - When or if will they stop using this tracking system. The government has often floated ideas of tracking foreigners with GPS and who knows what. Now they have a system, so will they keep it?

Would you throw away any useful information or any good working tool …?  They never throw away the A- Bom after Nagasaki or Hiroshima neither when war was finished  ….

Edited by david555

36 minutes ago, david555 said:

but all in Thai no English choice ...

Bottom of the first page on the link has the language change button.

Chrome seems to have now decided to remember my phone number and language settings too, so it's a couple of taps on the way in and out.

17 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

all the farangs look the same, I can't tell them apart. 

Yeah why not a personalized bar code or QR  printed on your face mask …. this control thing could go to far and for other use  , as they fear the new movements too much 

Edited by david555

16 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

and how do you do that in a country with so many poor people? Many can't even sign their name let alone own a mobile phone. As I say, impossible and just a public relations stunt.

Its not impossible at all but it does require cooperation of people. It might not be 100% but its still better then nothing. In the west they are also looking for apps to track this. 

53 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Or maybe having to show ID card, passport or driving license.

42 minutes ago, petedk said:

Unfortunately the answer is in your question sir

It's not like if it was a democratic liberal power

in place after a fair election and with effective counter powers here, isn't it?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Bottom of the first page on the link has the language change button.

Chrome seems to have now decided to remember my phone number and language settings too, so it's a couple of taps on the way in and out.

Now yes also English ,before only Thai, I saw now on my 1 week old QR scan stored whiteout connecting internet , also you can not go further if not giving consent for the app , before I could go further and copy paste some Thai phrases , it has or had …. many options even to check workers on x floor how long they where present .

But now must first give consent to use data number and etc. I just checked my 1 week old stored QR , it don't let me pass the consent page …..(think...!)

https://qr.thaichana.com/?appId=0001&shopId=S0000013442

Edited by david555

Just now, kingofthemountain said:

So you suggest that for have the ''privilege'' to become a client and spend my money at

a place. i have to cheat their system, false my name and my phone number?

It's not going to happen, if they want my money they need to do it easy and attractive for me

i prefer to wait the end of this madness, anyway i am not in a hurry particularly with the malls

Mall and each inside shop over and over again …. pure overkill on data storing each shop can use for whatever ….

• Like 1