QR code. now at local 7/11

orchidfan

13 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Contact tracing has been used for decades. 

1_cwu77lLcDqH5mzdJEeyKFA.jpeg

They behave that time as sheep to the slaughter (literally) ….. now  they behave as Hawks in their own country … they learned their lesson never to forget or to become intimidated ….And strike as first treat comes

I can't blame them

Edited by david555

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Also if you check in everywhere with QR code they know you have came and went to that place, but taking it farther there will be the time where you have to either use ur QR code when purchasing or plainly that when you stand at the register a detection reader will access your phone and then what ever is rung up put on your data file of what you purchased. What if insurance companies get a hold of this information as they make a partnership. Mr. Dan Doodle, you eat too many cookies so we cannot renew your premium. Or you smoke too much or buy too much alcohol or bacon, or you family eats too much red meat. It is the beginning of the end of freedom as I see it. 

The APP is after all run by KTB Bank !!

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Also if you check in everywhere with QR code they know you have came and went to that place,

QT code will be done for 90 day reporting and TM-30 starting next month!  OK, just a pipe dream, but makes sense to me ✌️

Edited by Skallywag

Also if you check in everywhere with QR code they know you have came and went to that place, but taking it farther there will be the time where you have to either use ur QR code when purchasing or plainly that when you stand at the register a detection reader will access your phone and then what ever is rung up put on your data file of what you purchased. What if insurance companies get a hold of this information as they make a partnership. Mr. Dan Doodle, you eat too many cookies so we cannot renew your premium. Or you smoke too much or buy too much alcohol or bacon, or you family eats too much red meat. It is the beginning of the end of freedom as I see it. 

They are years ahead of you. How do you suppose they have been using their store loyalty card memberships for many years already? Nothing new in your idea.

• Like 1

They had planned this over 2+ years ago. Just never implemented to date. But yes it is coming and I will stop going to 7-11

just wait until their Chinese peers finally show them how to do it, there won't be a single place left anymore for your shopping

Edited by thurien
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

I should be more concerned by the potential infected same pen used by hundreds of people to sign the form.

Anyway i am not ready to let anybody know where i go and what i do 

and i am sure the risk is 1000 far higher to be contacted for some ''promotions''

from the shops using the data than for someone infected by the virus in the shop at

the same time than me

(65 millions of Thais, 56 deads so far in 3 months, i am not that paranoid sorry)

Then for now i avoid every shop where the data collect is mandatory

anyway the malls are not a necessity at all for me, they were closed

during 2 months and i have hardly noticed the closure

Same here. As much as I used to like malls (well, I never loved them, but I didn't mind going every now and again, mainly for grocery shopping but also occasionally a meal or other things) I could totally live a content life without ever entering another mall again for the rest of my life.

There are probably millions of Thais, mainly hill tribes and rural dwellers residing upcountry in forests and other remote areas, who have never even seen a mall, let alone been inside one. I don't think they're missing much. Unlike people in the cities and villages, their life continues largely unchanged from before. I envy those people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, petedk said:

I don't particularly like the idea of being tracked so closely, but if helps beat this epidemic then I am all for it.

The big question is - When or if will they stop using this tracking system. The government has often floated ideas of tracking foreigners with GPS and who knows what. Now they have a system, so will they keep it?

A couple of years back, probably around 2017 or so, there was an article in the Bangkok Post about Thailand planning to implement an RFID chip system for all foreign cars entering the country, later to be upgraded to a GPS system after 4 years, which would charge these motorists 1 Baht per km for using Thai roads. This system would apply to Lao, Cambodian, Burmese, Malaysian and Singaporean cars at first; motorcycles would come at a later date. Vehicles registered in other countries already need to sign up for an expensive tour (since 2016) not sure if they were to be included in a double whammy under this system - I think probably not as that would be a bit over the top.

The RFID system, which Malaysia has already implemented for Singaporean vehicles, was supposed to go in effect in Thailand around 2018 or 2019 but hasn't happened so far.

Another ridiculous idea floated was that Thailand could become the first country in the world to require all cars to be fitted with in-vehicle GPS systems.

As for the current tracking system, there is a reasonable chance it will stop once the pandemic is declared as over, or around late August ish. I don't see it becoming permanent otherwise, there is no way the economy will ever pick up - some people, such as myself, would be permanently turned off from shopping at malls and I can't see the country keeping it in place once foreign tourists return. It would be chaos as well as a deterrent from coming here in the first place. Thermal temperature screening, where you just walk through, now that could be here to stay.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, samsensam said:

well that's very public spirited of you. if you get the virus the authorities will have no way of tracking and tracing your movements and thus ensure anyone you may have infected can be put into quarantine, thus they will go about unaware they infecting others. nice one.

..exactly..not the type of serious unknown virus one should be making fun of...the authorities are doing their best.

23 hours ago, samsensam said:

well that's very public spirited of you. if you get the virus the authorities will have no way of tracking and tracing your movements and thus ensure anyone you may have infected can be put into quarantine, thus they will go about unaware they infecting others. nice one.

Pretty sure everyone is using fictitious names from the signin sheets i have seen...rounding up people and putting them into quarantine....because that worked out so well for the JEWS right....

I think it's a good idea to check in and out at businesses where you spend some time, such as restaurants and shopping malls. Checking in and out for a one minute visit to 7/11, on the other hand, is a hassle. Sure, someone could sneeze at you within that very minute, but on the other hand, users of the BTS don't check in and out at all.

6 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I think it's a good idea to check in and out at businesses where you spend some time, such as restaurants and shopping malls.

It's not a good idea.  Any store owner can look and tell you how full they are.  If you can't sit across from your own family member, how long do you think it will take before there are no more seats in the restaurant?  Stadtler likes to sit and sip espresso like a boss.

I don't like the idea of checking in and out, but I suspect that all this scheme will produce is vast amounts of data, which, without a coherent system for processing and collating it will be just that, a vast and ever growing pile of useless data. A bit like the TM6 arrival cards so beloved of immigration, or the endless copies of passports held by banks, and just about every office, government or commercial, which we deal with here.

However, I am all for the quiet life. If I thought that this system could ever be used to track me effectively I would of course assume the identity of Aloutious J Burgelfinkler, and my telephone number would be my old army number written backwards, but I am sure that it (tracking) would never work. So I will comply. 

I am, to coin a phrase, a bear of very little brain when it comes to this sort of technology. Can some kind soul explain, in words of one sylable, simply how to use this system on a smartphone - I am the proud possessor of a "Realme C3" using I believe Android 10!

Maybe I should have bought a Huwai phone instead - it would probably do it automatically!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For a few months now my (favorite) local 7 has had temperatures taken and hand gel + mandatory mask to enter.

Today, they now have the above PLUS the new data collection QR code system as well.

I told the girl (same girl every day, every hour for weeks) I don't/can't do QR code, so had to sign in with name and mobile number (same pen and pad used by dozens).

And sign out again.

So now the data collectors have a fictitious mobile number for Mr Mickey Mouse in my locale.

That's pretty selfish, They are collecting data for a reason, you idiot, to save lives ! ! !  We are all slightly inconvenienced for 20 seconds.  SO WHAT ! ! !

2 minutes ago, Makoshark said:

That's pretty selfish, They are collecting data for a reason, you idiot, to save lives ! ! !  We are all slightly inconvenienced for 20 seconds.  SO WHAT ! ! !

You seem to be very generous with Stadtler's time.  He doesn't appreciate it.

2 hours ago, drbeach said:

Another ridiculous idea floated was that Thailand could become the first country in the world to require all cars to be fitted with in-vehicle GPS systems.

I think, if they are going to add a good chunk of cost to the production of vehicles, they should start with diesel particulate filters on those bloody pickup trucks ???? Maybe at the expense of the big bore exhaust and the Carlos fandango wheels ????

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EricTh said:

I tried using the QR code to enter a shopping mall today. I don't have internet access on my phone so does that mean it doesn't work with internet?

So I just wrote my details on the log book. I don't know what's the point if nobody checks whether the info is correct or not.

They should at least give us a step by step instruction on how to use this QR code thing.

Don't you have a sim-card with money on it in your phone? You need to turn on mobile data to get connected to internet. You don't need Line to scan the QR-code, just a QR-scanner downloaded from Play store.