QR code. now at local 7/11

orchidfan

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

That should confuse military intelligence - 5555555

And that's an oxymoron....like government assistance ????

5 hours ago, thaiden1 said:

Getting a little carried away. Masks and hand gel should be all that is required. That has been good enough for the last 2 months. Pattaya has had NO new cases for 40 days. When will it end?

Never ending, it's the New Normal ????

On 5/24/2020 at 4:51 AM, kingofthemountain said:

I should be more concerned by the potential infected same pen used by hundreds of people to sign the form.

Anyway i am not ready to let anybody know where i go and what i do 

and i am sure the risk is 1000 far higher to be contacted for some ''promotions''

from the shops using the data than for someone infected by the virus in the shop at

the same time than me

(65 millions of Thais, 56 deads so far in 3 months, i am not that paranoid sorry)

Then for now i avoid every shop where the data collect is mandatory

anyway the malls are not a necessity at all for me, they were closed

during 2 months and i have hardly noticed the closure

According to a highly respected professional teacher in Esan ,things are not what they seem to be.They are staying at home and keeping their children at home.They say 2 scared 2 go out Another source from Bumingrad hostpital said more than the official death count went out the back door daily. Deaths are  being listed as pneumonia.Overseas newspaper says los Is covering up truth and the true death toll more likely up to 50000 plus. Otherwise why all the fuss at 7 eleven and malls.I think that the Chinese are driving this government and they want to open up the flood gates of tourism,a potential disaster .  

17 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

And you let a random unknow thai man grab your phone from your hands without any reaction at all?

Oh I reacted. I didn't think it was necessary to write that here. I complained loudly, grabbed it back and made an issue out of using alcohol gel to clean it. He was amused.

• Like 2

Just back from my local 7/11 and they have scrapped the QRcode for a clipboard and pen. Still took me longer to write my name than buy a carton of milk.

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Just back from my local 7/11 and they have scrapped the QRcode for a clipboard and pen. Still took me longer to write my name than buy a carton of milk.

Peter + phone number should suffice for the purpose of being contacted.

37 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Everyone should start throwing a fit about having to use the infected covid pen that others have used to sign.....7-11 employees will soon stop caring at all whether you sign or not.....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Everyone should start throwing a fit about having to use the infected covid pen that others have used to sign.....7-11 employees will soon stop caring at all whether you sign or not.....

To be fair, the 7/11 girl was wiping the pen with alcohol after each use, and sanitizer to use before/after using the pen.

I am over 60 years old, overweight, not at my peak of fitness and I have been a smoker, so clearly in the high risk category of actually dying from covid.

Unlike most, I actually want to be informed if the customers of my local 7/11 or shopping mall are dropping dead.

Absolute stupidity to be leaving a false name or number, avoiding the check in. The same as a Hurricane, Tsunami, bush fire warning, I would actually appreciate the heads up.

14 hours ago, Stadtler said:

You seem to be very generous with Stadtler's time.  He doesn't appreciate it.

If you dont like the rules don't use the service (shops / malls). And taking about yourself in third person ????

22 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I am over 60 years old, overweight, not at my peak of fitness and I have been a smoker, so clearly in the high risk category of actually dying from covid.

Unlike most, I actually want to be informed if the customers of my local 7/11 or shopping mall are dropping dead.

Absolute stupidity to be leaving a false name or number, avoiding the check in. The same as a Hurricane, Tsunami, bush fire warning, I would actually appreciate the heads up.

I agree 100% thats why I write Seemore Butts  8675309

12 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Don't you have a sim-card with money on it in your phone? You need to turn on mobile data to get connected to internet. You don't need Line to scan the QR-code, just a QR-scanner downloaded from Play store. 

I don't have any special internet package, just using phone for normal use.

Does that mean I have to pay to use QR code by turning on mobile data? Then might as well write.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I understand your concern

however you could also, being in a at risk group, avoid to go to the malls

if you feel insecure, do a covid test and don't wait an hypothetic call from

a dodgy application to inform you about the presence or not of someone infected

in the same area as you, 

I don't see the benefit to bother millions of people with silly procedures everyday

except to reassure an handfull of hypochondriacs and for the governement to give

the illusion to do something 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Every shop that I have been into since this started, and others seen on tv and YouTube, you and others have to sanitize your hands first plus temp check, then sign in, and had more sanitizer on the desk with the pens. Pretty low risk when people sanitize their hands before and after using the pens.

It looks like S. Korea is following Thailand’s lead because Bar and nightclubs will be required to adopt a QR code-based system to keep track of visitors following a resurgence in coronavirus infections in Seoul's party district of Itaewon.

Tracking movements of people will be the most direct way to deal with Covid 19 outbreaks in the future.  it will be the fastest way to communicate with those who may have been exposed.  It appears in S. Korea anyone could enter and exit bars and nightclubs and it was impossible to track everyone who had been exposed to the one person who visited five bars and clubs in one night.  Dude got around? 

I expect when the “higher” risk places are allowed to open in June a QR Code scan or actually writing in names and phone#’s will be mandatory.  So going to a movie, getting a traditional massage and getting a tattoo will probably require a QR Code Scan to enter and then exit.  

For better or worse it feels like 1984 in 2020.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I expect when the “higher” risk places are allowed to open in June a QR Code scan or actually writing in names and phone#’s will be mandatory.

Do you have a reliable source for your information about the reopen of the ''higher'' risk places in June?

AFAIK there is not any date yet decided by the authorities for open these venues

On 5/23/2020 at 6:38 PM, samsensam said:

well that's very public spirited of you. if you get the virus the authorities will have no way of tracking and tracing your movements and thus ensure anyone you may have infected can be put into quarantine, thus they will go about unaware they infecting others. nice one.

Yeah, but he keeps the sheep from becoming frightened.  He has the virus, you get the virus, 90 percent don't even notice, next thing you know the country has herd immunity and you don't even need Uncle Billy's $vaccine$. 
Signed,
The Amazing Hulk  849-443-4995

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 7:04 PM, robblok said:

Its so easy just to scan it with the line ap.. In and out.. and then they have times too so they dont have to contact you unless it is really needed. The list you do manually is not as good as it does not register a time in and out.

Not interested in having a government tracking app on my phone.

you go Mickey Mouse!!!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

Not interested in having a government tracking app on my phone.

you go Mickey Mouse!!!

If you are taking about Thai Channa it is not an app it's only a platform however having said that there are fake app's floating around the easy answer is dont download any app referring to Thai Channa they are the ones that can download all your data, 

• Thanks 1

In full resistance mode fully prepared , with my "dumb phone " & my own pen I went today to my local 7/11 , after the alarming messages here that7/11 started QR scanning .

Well I am blessed I guess as my local 7/11 don't join this stupid QR thing, just temperature  & handwashing and mask .

Oh thank Buddha  (and the other ones...exept 1..., lol )

7 hours ago, david555 said:

In full resistance mode fully prepared , with my "dumb phone " & my own pen I went today to my local 7/11 , after the alarming messages here that7/11 started QR scanning .

Well I am blessed I guess as my local 7/11 don't join this stupid QR thing, just temperature  & handwashing and mask .

Oh thank Buddha  (and the other ones...exept 1..., lol )

It turns out that only 2 of the 4 local 7/11s have the QR code system.

And as for the verbal abusers on the forum regarding social responsibility and tracking/tracing, well how does that work when the much larger Lotus just 50 metres down the road has NO Qcode,  no sign in, no gel and no temperature taking!

Great system. I bring my own gel and mask. Seems to be working fine.