The Pig and Whistle re-born

properperson

Pay peanuts get Monkeys. Same as people wanting a website and Internet marketing but then not willing to spend over 10K baht lol.
And then they blame all the IT people to be scammers who not do anything. They never met the real ones as those do charge real prices.

Irony is that they end up spending more than it would have costed with a proper company (who then also would have done better graphics).
Most likely the font is not even licensed and illegal to be used commercial hehe.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

How dare you. Nobody here eat no "injun" when they's out for dinning. In this case, our ace Restaurant Analysts have determined that the new Punjabi Junction, though under construction, not only isn't in imminent danger of failing, it has already failed. No customer has been seen in there and never will be--as they never are in any Indian resto.

Get ready for face melting by the mighty TVF Hive Mind:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fimage.png.cf6396b526a296ba57a0e67ce1138c85.png

I will try the Big & Whistle fare but not the Indian place since I can't eat spicy food, including Thai. I care not one jot what the nationality of the owner or chef is.

My favourite breakfast resto has a Thai lady as a chef. I wish my other half could cook like her.

I will be making myself a spaghetti carbonara later  ...  for my tea.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

My ex bird worked there in the evenings 'till about 3 yrs ago and I used to hang about in the back passage with the bike waiting for 'em to clock off end of shift .. 

Is that something you like to do often? *hang about in the back passage* if so my friend recommends you visit the red-light district in Pattaya known as Boyz Town

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LoS itaint said:

Is that something you like to do often? *hang about in the back passage* if so my friend recommends you visit the red-light district in Pattaya known as Boyz Town

You are mistaken Pattaya does not have red light districts or the sort of folk who offer such services .. The authorities say so .. Patt's is nothing but a wholesome World Class Resort .. And if you ever had some nosebag in the P&W a couple of yes ago you probably paid you're tab to my ex bird .. Nom Yai she had .. 

5 hours ago, champers said:

I will try the Big & Whistle fare but not the Indian place since I can't eat spicy food, including Thai. I care not one jot what the nationality of the owner or chef is.

When I spoke to them earlier in the year when they were working on the place, I was under the impression that it was to be just an Indian Restaurant.

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

When I spoke to them earlier in the year when they were working on the place, I was under the impression that it was to be just an Indian Restaurant.

So why have 2 names?

10 minutes ago, champers said:

So why have 2 names?

After doing the sign at the back, they didn't have enough paint left to redo the sign at the front. Just had enough left to change the "P" to a "B"

I've seen similar done in Indian restaurants in Pattaya. They have one big pot of curry sauce and just add varying amounts of chilli powder depending on which curry you order, Then throw a few bits of random meat in. Its all about cheap and easy, you must remember they are fronts for money launderers, they don't expect people to actually eat in them.

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, champers said:

My favourite breakfast resto has a Thai lady as a chef. I wish my other half could cook like her.

I will be making myself a spaghetti carbonara later  ...  for my tea.

OK. Whew. Turns out you do follow the TVF Authorized Proper Gourmet Diet after all.

Now The Diet does permit you to dinn on curry sometimes, but not dinn on none o’ that injun stuff. Has to be proper pabulum served in pubs frequented by the members of Her Majesty’s Royal Imperial Expeditionary Force In Thailand. It may be, however, that such will be served in the Big and Whistle if no injuns are in there, so's you don’t look like no injun yourself.

So that ends the threat to the Rule that the new Punjabi Junction will have not one customer ever. It's fated to sit there empty like Alibaba has been sitting empty on Central Road since 1984. Not that we've ever given the Alibaba seating area the definitive Eyeballs Verification, mind you, as we have the other injuns when passing by once or twice. But we know anyway. ????

• Haha 1