SURVEY: Should Foreigners separated from family be allowed to return?

Scott

SURVEY: Should foreigners with family be allowed back?  

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There has been a recent thread concerning mostly Foreigners who are stranded outside Thailand and would like to return to be with their families.   Which option best describes your opinion on the situation.  

Please feel free to leave a comment.

For further reading:  

35 minutes ago, RangerP703 said:

Yes, but they should cover all costs of the quarantine including a test at the end of the 14 days.

IMHO the test at the end should be 2 tests, meaning that those coming into LOS must do 14 days quarantine and should get 2 negative test results before leaving quarantine, perhaps 12 days into quarantine and then at 14 days. But whether that routine is logical in terms of development etc., of the virus I don't know. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Understand the need to limit unnecessary travel (tourists) But foreign people live here and this should be realized by the authorities.

Actually the actual status of persons here on Non-Immigrant visas with extensions (not working or PR holders) is 'temporary visitor for purposes other than tourism'. 

As I said on the other thread, people need to read the small print and wake up to their actual status here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Then no person should cross borders, even Thais, until the Gov. thinks the cost is clear for all.

They let Thais back in the country, and they brought the virus with them...

Repatriation of Thai nationals is a right that (I believe) is protected in the Constitution and laws of Thailand.

Foreigners have no such rights enshrined anywhere in Thai law and most only remain on temporary visa extensions or permission to say, that can be cancelled on a whim by any immigration official.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, RangerP703 said:

Not every foreigner wanting to return to be family works here though.

Indeed and why should the Thai taxpayer (including foreigners that work legally in Thailand) subsidise the poor decisions of others to leave during a global crisis?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

This is going to be exactly the same as the other thread but with a poll at the start !! 

Very likely....

I voted for the 2nd option even tho' I think that the Thai gov't will stick to the present rules for the immediate future.

A firm no for me. You made your bed by leaving and should now be your own gov's problem, not another. We have zero rights here.

On top of that, as long as the money still flows, your Thai wife won't be worried at all if you are not here. We are no more than ATM's.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

There are no rights even if have a valid visa & w/p.

These are unprecedented times

geustefunks comment is I hope tonge in check or just stupid.

The contagin is certainly not under any sort of control in the UK& Usa & many other countries so

why risk allowing them back ?

Most would have known when they left that getting back was going to be a problem.

I for one put off an important trip abroad for that very reason.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder or that is what they say

• Like 1
  • Sad 3