SURVEY: Should Foreigners separated from family be allowed to return?

Scott

SURVEY: Should foreigners with family be allowed back?  

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

For the poll there should have been an option to "quarantine 14 days" at ones own residence.

People here have businesses, families, wonderful homes and gardens with plenty of space for "social distancing"

No reason they can't be isolated at home and safer than being put into a cramped facility with strangers.

Thailand tried that and non compliance was the norm. The UK will have the same problem when the rule eventually comes in.

In Thailand you now have the option of being quarantined in a 5 star hotel, True TV package, high speed internet and 3 meals per day delivered to your room. Sounds OK to me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

The purpose of a poll is not to change anything. You are mixing up poll with petition. The purpose of a poll is to collect statistics.

Be interesting to see a poll if there were no votes relating to 'self interest'

• Sad 5

Just now, dinsdale said:

So I'm married. Have a house and a pink ID card. Work here so have WP. You are telling me if I was out of the country and wanted to return to my THAI family I have no right to do so.

As it currently stands, correct you have no right to return to your family.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

So I'm married. Have a house and a pink ID card. Work here so have WP. You are telling me if I was out of the country and wanted to return to my THAI family I have no right to do so. Are you a Thai person? Are you a junta fanboy? Whatever it would seem the you lack even a modicum of empathy. As has been mentioned it doesn't matter who you are in relation to coming into to Thailand a virus does not discriminate as it seems you do.

But history has already proved you wrong, thousands of Chinese tourists flowed into Thailand, the government were heavily criticised for failing to close the borders, and yet....no real impact from the virus

Returnees from Italy and the UK on the other hand......

It would appear prudent to take the origin of travel into consideration

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Right now everyone that returns to Thailand must quarantine for a minimum of 14 days at a government sponsored facility or a government approved hotel that is adjacent to one of the government sponsored hospitals. There is a hotel "upgrade option" and those expenses are paid by the individual as is the cost of passage on a repatriation flight. Once the individual has entered the facility or hotel they are screened on a daily basis by medical staff assigned to that facility or Hospital. Perfectly vague yet ? No visitors are allowed. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

Of course they should. And there should also be a way for those with families here to obtain the citizenship without the need of being enslaved by a local company or start a business. 

There is a way, but most do not qualify because they do not reside permanently in Thailand, do not pay taxes, do not speak, read or write the language and have no interest in the culture or assimilating with the locals.

The foreign expat community wants and demands everything for doing nothing.

Be happy that non-immigrant visas are easy to obtain for those of the criteria I have outlined above and that expats can stay here with relatively little hassle.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This bares no relation at all to my post. Thai comes in, has family it's ok. Quarantine at home. Farang with Thai family and house cannot come in. Please explain the difference. A Thai could be coming from a hot spot like Brazil and would be allowed in where a farang coming from NZ would not. Please explain the difference.

A country looks after it's own first, they are keeping the flow regular but steady.

Non nationals should be patient and show consideration for the Thai people and the way the government chooses to handle things

Really, is another month away so desperate, when that month could see so many positive changes?

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RangerP703 said:

Some are forced to leave to earn a wage to put food on the table.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Nobody forced these people to leave.

These foreigners that are wanting back in are not poor Cambodians or Burmese construction workers that lost everything and survive on pennies, that are desperate that they will work for less than minimum wage as virtual slaves.

These people are relatively well off, can afford or are paid to travel internationally and made the decision, during a global crisis, knowing full well the risks, to leave for what ever reason. It was a gamble that didn't pay off.

The result of poor decision making, poor planning or both, but more importantly, grow up and stand by the consequences of your actions. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Showing your true colours here. Foreigners demand everything and do nothing. Non-imigrant visas are easy to obtain. Stay here hassle free. You are either joking or completely deluded. I'm hoping it's the former.

You are in the queue to come back?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Thai govt should show equal consideration for non-nationals who have family here and contribute to Thai society.

Nope, repatriate Thai nationals first is an acceptable policy

I say again Non nationals should be patient and await their turn and quit whinging

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

33 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

My guess is that you don't have children and never have known your parents. 

And in most (civilised) countries on the planet people married to a local and having kids would have been naturalised. Hence allowed in and quarantine 14 days. End of discussion as far as I am concerned.

So you are saying Thailand is not civilised?

This is exactly why it is so difficult to get PR and Thai citizenship, to keep types like you at arm's length.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I think my opinion only, they are following in China's foot steps not reporting the virus cases or deaths from the virus here. They need the Chinese tourist to bring back the economy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'm here and have been for 17 years. Work, pay tax, have wife, child and a house. I possibly contribute more to Thai society than you do.

You possibly do, then again maybe you don't, but get this, I am outside Thailand and yes I have missed my spring visit to see my family, and yes they miss me and I miss them, but I will get to see them down the line when it is safe, and therefore I am showing the patience and understanding I request from others.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

32 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

So I'm married. Have a house and a pink ID card. Work here so have WP. You are telling me if I was out of the country and wanted to return to my THAI family I have no right to do so. Are you a Thai person? Are you a junta fanboy? Whatever it would seem the you lack even a modicum of empathy. As has been mentioned it doesn't matter who you are in relation to coming into to Thailand a virus does not discriminate as it seems you do.

It doesn't matter what I think, or if you have all the houses, ID cards, elite visas and other nonsense available. You are still a foreigner and have no right to do anything in Thailand.

The sooner you accept this, the sooner we can move on and be in harmony.

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Showing your true colours here. Foreigners demand everything and do nothing. Non-imigrant visas are easy to obtain. Stay here hassle free. You are either joking or completely deluded. I'm hoping it's the former.

Those expats that have PR and citizenship worked hard to put themselves through it and thoroughly deserve it. As a PR myself it really is not that difficult.

Thinking that you can just turn up and marry a Thai girl and then two years later be Thai is deluded arrogance that the expat community is unfortunately quite well known for.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5