SURVEY: Should Foreigners separated from family be allowed to return?

Scott

SURVEY: Should foreigners with family be allowed back?  

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Thai govt should show equal consideration for non-nationals who have family here and contribute to Thai society.

If they are not tax-payers what do they contribute that demands they are in-country during a global pandemic?

Surely the wife will be spending the money in the local economy as usual so there's no need for panic up in Isaan just yet?

Again, it is the belief that having, owning, spending money, building houses and buying pick-ups gives some sort of rights... 

It entitles you to nothing.

Nothing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Paiman said:

You share a flat with Don Mega? Sounds just like him.

They will leave Thailand as soon as they can.

They don't want to be a risk for the Thai citizens.

How less people, how less risks.

Of course Thai can also transmit the virus, but they are Thai and it is their country.

16 minutes ago, RangerP703 said:

Sure, refuse to go to work and stay here on savings for an undetermined  period of time............ good luck expecting that  job to still be there when your savings run out !!

IMHO  the poor decision is not going to work but each to their own.

Indeed but that is the decision that has to be made given the risks and the state of play at the time.

A difficult decision to be sure.

I know several expats that did refuse to go back to work, some even that were going to China...

None regret their decision as far as I am aware, and a couple of the guys that refused to go back to China are back there now for a 90 day hitch.

Even Thai people are having problems moving around in Thailand, I know of a couple of people stuck in Nakorn Nowhere cant get back to Phuket because they cant prove they live here, I think they must never registered in the tabien baan here in Phuket coz the one woman I know has lived here for 20 years, 

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Be interesting to see a poll if there were no votes relating to 'self interest'

Ok, maybe so. Anyway, how does that in anyway change the meaning and the purpose as well as the use of the words I described in the post you replied to?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ross163103 said:

I did grow up, and made the CORRECT decision--which was planned by the company I work for, to continue to go to work in order to take care of my Thai family, when I left. It's simple really but some people just can't get the concept.

Congratulations.

Now you have to live by your decision and remain out of the country until the Thais allow otherwise.

• Sad 4

how many of the posters stuck outside thailand due to leaving are oil workers ? 

if you are an oil worker spare me your.... i need to take care of my family routine. you guys make BANK. HUGE BANK. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RangerP703 said:

Yes, but they should cover all costs of the quarantine including a test at the end of the 14 days.

Knowing how this government treats expats and other farangs, there would need to be some way to protect returnees from getting ripped off and have access to the sort of food that they are used to.

They would need to be treated with respect and given plenty of room and decent sleeping and toilet conditions.

But they should really be driven from the airport to their residence at their own expense and quarantined there. 

Edited by possum1931

We've seen that no Covid symptoms may occur in 27 days. I'd like to see a 30-day quarantine for foreigners. Govy quarantine should be free; or a foreigner may choose to stay in a purposed hotel, guarded from leaving, at their own expence. This may sound harsh at first but not as harsh as being separated from family indefinitely.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, mr mr said:

the other thread has a huge amount of traffic so i see why it is being promoted again. 

bravo.

Yes, it is an excellent thread with the right questions being asked.

3 hours ago, geistfunke said:

I don't like that question at all. How dare people deny other people the right to be with their families.  We are not slaves.

Nothing wrong with the question, and other people have to be protected, so I do see the need for the quarantine., but this being Thailand, I would worry about how those in quarantine would be treated.

18 minutes ago, mr mr said:

how many of the posters stuck outside thailand due to leaving are oil workers ? 

if you are an oil worker spare me your.... i need to take care of my family routine. you guys make BANK. HUGE BANK. 

Not what I would call making "HUGE BANK".

Think I'll stick to my land based job that pays more and allows me to be with my family every day.

oil.jpg.7b43635fffe8a728a8db7ba5e56035a4.jpg

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/Offshore-Oil-Rig-Salary

Edited by RangerP703

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

A firm no for me. You made your bed by leaving and should now be your own gov's problem, not another. We have zero rights here.

On top of that, as long as the money still flows, your Thai wife won't be worried at all if you are not here. We are no more than ATM's.

not in every case.

2 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Thailand tried that and non compliance was the norm. The UK will have the same problem when the rule eventually comes in.

In Thailand you now have the option of being quarantined in a 5 star hotel, True TV package, high speed internet and 3 meals per day delivered to your room. Sounds OK to me.

Your last paragraph, yes, but at what cost. this government would be using it for an excuse to up their income stream.

Edited by possum1931

9 minutes ago, RangerP703 said:

Not what I would call making "HUGE BANK".

Think I'll stick to my land based job that pays more and allows me to be with my family every day.

oil.jpg.7b43635fffe8a728a8db7ba5e56035a4.jpg

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/Offshore-Oil-Rig-Salary

dude thats over 2mil baht a year. now someone living in thailand converting that to thai baht. roughly 180k baht a month.

id say that's some bank living here. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mr mr said:

dude thats over 2mil baht a year. now someone living in thailand converting that to thai baht. roughly 180k baht a month.

id say that's some bank living here. 

Its an okay salary for Thailand but certainly not "bank".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

So what, sod all to do with the thread, no about your wallet thoughts....????

wrong. 

people made choices to leave for work (the ones we are talking about anyways). the money that work provides is the reason they do the job no ? 

• Haha 1

I personally miss one important alternative: the 3rd one BUT with: having to remain in a controled quarantine during 14 days at the address they are registered on.

When it would have been a choice, my guess is it would have become many votes.

The N°3 without quarantine makes no sense considering the general restrictions as presently imposed ...by the generals.

• Like 2