SURVEY: Should Foreigners separated from family be allowed to return?

Scott

SURVEY: Should foreigners with family be allowed back?  

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, mr mr said:

i am simply saying their house their rules. you are not in kansas anymore you know that right ?  all the big buzz words you just used mean nothing here. they may to you and i but not here i am afraid. 

Forget about Kansas, never been there and don't intend to, ever, sorry!

Whatever the Thais accept to do to themselves in their country, the question remains: do YOU agree with fascism, as your post lets, hopefully wrongly, suppose? Simple as that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

The options for the survey are too narrow for me.  They fail to take account of people (and I'd guess there are thousands) who are married to a Thai national and those with families who don't normally live in Thailand but visit regularly.

I'd accept a 14 day quarantine if that could be done at home. I don't think it would be too difficult to police, there will be thousands of Pooyai Baan's who'd love an extra couple of thousand baht (paid by the foreigner) to do a little daily checking.

For me, at the moment the biggest problem is the lack of any announcements/plans on this subject.  Not seeing my wife until say, December would be hard but at least I'd know.

Exactly. The worrying thing is they don't even have a plan for repatriating their fellow Thais...

I hope something will move in the right direction soon and some sort of announcement will be made.

1 hour ago, uhuh said:

At last an honest one (and quite sensible, too).

All these farangs whinging they would happily accept quarantine - forgot how the same farangs wouldn't even wear a mask? Forgot they don't consider Thailand a "civilised country" (cf post #51)? This whole thread mainly consists of posts refusing to accept the legitimacy of Thai rules and regulations - actually a lot of TVF is about this. 

In quarantine they would complain

- it's too hot

- room too small

- room dirty

- CCTV is unnecessary intrusion into privacy

- internet is too slow

- There is no beer!!! And no treatment for alcohol withdrawal symptoms. 

- only Thai food

- gf is not allowed to visit them during quarantine

- no English language TV

- staff speaks Thai

- breakfast ist served at 7 am

**- 14 days is too long if fifo and only 4 weeks off

and lots of other horrible things.  The horrors they complain about every day in Thailand,  magnified by quarantine. 

Very few would accept 14 days quarantine as a reasonable precaution. Most would try to cheat.

TG, you're a very rare nightowl! In the middle ages in Europe(*) considered linked with the devil and hunted down as such. THe BS you write might call for some punishment, but nothing that harsh. But, when you don't yet do, please seriously think about consulting!

(* Europe needed to be specified as the other country is still plunged in medieval situations)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, newcomer71 said:

Exactly. The worrying thing is they don't even have a plan for repatriating their fellow Thais...

I hope something will move in the right direction soon and some sort of announcement will be made.

Am I missing something. Thai have been arriving in Thailand ongoing. Many flights and southern border from Malaysia.

Thinking hundreds in last few weeks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

The options for the survey are too narrow for me.  They fail to take account of people (and I'd guess there are thousands) who are married to a Thai national and those with families who don't normally live in Thailand but visit regularly.

I'd accept a 14 day quarantine if that could be done at home. I don't think it would be too difficult to police, there will be thousands of Pooyai Baan's who'd love an extra couple of thousand baht (paid by the foreigner) to do a little daily checking.

For me, at the moment the biggest problem is the lack of any announcements/plans on this subject.  Not seeing my wife until say, December would be hard but at least I'd know.

Never going to happen

Phuket authorities on the hunt for quarantine dodgers

The group had been asked to self-quarantine, but it’s now believed they continued to meet people outside their homes and defied the direct orders of health officials.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-asia/cv19-thailand/phuket-authorities-on-the-hunt-for-quarantine-dodgers

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Am I missing something. Thai have been arriving in Thailand ongoing. Many flights and southern border from Malaysia.

All straight into government quarantine. Several tested Covid +. Good job Thailand.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Never going to happen

Phuket authorities on the hunt for quarantine dodgers

The group had been asked to self-quarantine, but it’s now believed they continued to meet people outside their homes and defied the direct orders of health officials.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19-asia/cv19-thailand/phuket-authorities-on-the-hunt-for-quarantine-dodgers

“They are trained to use the principles of investigation. They know how to make these suspects tell the truth and get information from them quickly.”

Probably draughted officers over from Koh Tao.

Edited by Phil McCaverty

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There's still a huge waiting list, in the thousands only in US. And government is allowing only 300 entries per day.

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

All straight into government quarantine. Several tested Covid +. Good job Thailand.

Since February, there have been 104 cases of people in state quarantine with #COVID19. During the last two weeks, 17 people who returned from abroad were found to be infected #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1264056463640547328

In addition 2 more cases yesterday

Two new Covid-19 Thai patients in state quarantine had returned from abroad

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1165471-two-new-covid-19-thai-patients-in-state-quarantine-had-returned-from-abroad/

7 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

“They are trained to use the principles of investigation. They know how to make these suspects tell the truth and get information from them quickly.”

Probably draughted officers over from Koh Tao.

People want to self-quarantine at home , and everyone knows they will offer the guards extra baht if they look the other way while they pop out for a while during the quarantine period

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes granted. Thai can only handle certain # of quarantine for 14 days per day.

That's why this thread is a nonsense. If non Thai where added to welcome back "married guy" it would be a disaster.

It is not a nonsense for me, as I have a family there you know... ????

Maybe if government did think about repatriate their nationals before, they would have already expanded the capacity using hotels fit for the purpose and their army privates to accelerate repatriation and let who have been caught out and have family there finally get back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, newcomer71 said:

It is not a nonsense for me, as I have a family there you know... ????

Maybe if government did think about repatriate their nationals before, they would have already expanded the capacity using hotels fit for the purpose and their army privates to accelerate repatriation and let who have been caught out and have family there finally get back.

The numbers I have seen on the news recently is they are increasing the numbers to 500 per day, so yes it would appear that the Goverment is trying to increase the numbers once they have more approved quarantine facilites in place

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

A Thai person coming in is just as likely infected as a foreigner the rules should be same

First of all let me say that I think most if not all actions taken by governments all over the world are too extreme and unjustified, hurting the economy way too much and not really saving lives that much. 

However your point of Thai people are likely to be infected just as any non Thai is not the way the government view it. The government's point is to limit the total number of entries and that's why the allow only Thai citizens in, and even those are limited to few hundreds per day. 

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

The numbers I have seen on the news recently is they are increasing the numbers to 500 per day, so yes it would appear that the Goverment is trying to increase the numbers once they have more approved quarantine facilites in place

That's a good news. Still they knew since March how many people should have been repatriated...

Anyway, better late than never!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangrak said:

Forget about Kansas, never been there and don't intend to, ever, sorry!

Whatever the Thais accept to do to themselves in their country, the question remains: do YOU agree with fascism, as your post lets, hopefully wrongly, suppose? Simple as that.

don't agree with fascism. you are being coy on the kansas thing. you know full and well what i meant by that. 

thailand is not your home nor is it up to me or you do decide how they act or the systems they use. if that is something you cannot accept then maybe you should never of come in the first place ? 

So much about what the The Thai government could do for the individual, very little about what the individual could do for the Thai government........

Like be patient and stay away for a while longer?

• Like 1

I've just read 190 posts on the thread about introduction of 'business class' quarantine

So where were all the posts praising the Thai government for expanding options, speeding up the entry flow, from the desperate man split from their families  - well there were 3 possibly 4 who made positive comments out of 190 posts

The other comments ranged from extortion to profiteering, value for money to cost, discrimination to class distinction, suggesting alternatives, testing, quarantine at home....and so it went on.......anything really that would excuse quarantine controlled by the government - go have read!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Most civilised countries in the world do not prevent the return of a resident with a valid  visa,especially if involving separation of families ,even in these circumstances. Quarantine at the expense of the returnee is perfectly functional and acceptable to all concerned 

Wrong, except USA, which allows a citizens spouse to return:

"As with the other bans, it would not apply to legal permanent residents. A spouse, parent or child of a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident also would be allowed to enter the country."

https://tinyurl.com/star-advert

3 hours ago, ross163103 said:

I wonder about the thinking process--if there is one, of the 35 people in the survey who said, "No they should not be allowed to return." I'm hoping those people didn't understand the question.......

Well you see this forum is full of comments from foreigners who believe Thailand is over reacting regarding controls, and, as such do not appear to carry the requirement to follow the 'rules' which appear up to now have kept the people of Thailand safe.

So to my way of thinking, my family, friends and relatives in Thailand are at less risk from the virus if foreigners from 'high risk' countries stay away - for now - and yes Thai people are allowed to return but the numbers would suggest very controlled entry, perhaps a beneficial way of fine tuning the process to make access more readily available to foreigners down the line

• Like 1

Just now, 473geo said:

Well you see this forum is full of comments from foreigners who believe Thailand is over reacting regarding controls, and, as such do not appear to carry the requirement to follow the 'rules' which appear up to now have kept the people of Thailand safe.

The Thais in my moobaan (250 houses) don't seem that bothered either.

They all sit around the village green at dusk, eating and drinking .... no masks.

Only people going out of the gates wear a mask.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

The Thais in my moobaan (250 houses) don't seem that bothered either.

They all sit around the village green at dusk, eating and drinking .... no masks.

Only people going out of the gates wear a mask.

Good point and a very valid reason why the possible risk of re-introduction from overseas hot spots should be kept to an absolute minimum

23 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Those persons are not Thai nationals and do not have any rights to enter or reside in Thailand whatsoever.

It is entirely up to the Thai Government who enters and who stays and they have decided, quite rightly IMO, due to the ongoing global crisis, temporarily not to allow foreigners to enter.

Low case numbers and low fatality count show this policy to be overwhelmingly successful.

I gather you believe the numbers, the Thai- government publishes?

Would you like to buy a bridge?

And by the way: what a nice chap you are!

• Like 2