Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 5/28/2020 at 11:28 PM, piston broke said:

i took out a life time membership - but soon found out the "lifetime" meant the lifetime of the gym (which closed not long after i paid), rather than my lifetime .....

 

you live and learn ....

 

It's pretty obvious that any lifetime membership is for the life of the gym. One has to exercise due diligence and assess how long a gym is likely to remain open when paying for such a membership.

 

I saw a truck with a crane outside Tony's plastic tent gym yesterday, so it's all over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tony's Group May 17, 2:38 am · Dear Friends and Customers, It is with a heavy heart we have made the decision to not

That would be no great loss to Pattaya. He has a lot of competition now and he didn't do anything to keep up with it. The gym business used to be easy money for him a decade ago, but he couldn't keep

Heard yesterday all the gyms are closed for good and he's selling off equiptment...Not reopening...?     So is Tony going to give a full refund on lifetime memberships? I bet everyone's

  

On 5/29/2020 at 2:30 PM, Leaver said:
On 5/28/2020 at 6:28 PM, piston broke said:

but soon found out the "lifetime" meant the lifetime of the gym

I always thought it meant the lifetime of the scam.  🙂

Uh? Their lifetime membership give you access to all their facilities.

If ever the one you used was closed,

you still must have 4 or 5 other places you can go in Pattaya.

Edited by Pattaya46
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I saw a truck with a crane outside Tony's plastic tent gym yesterday, so it's all over.

Hum... could be destruction, but could also be renovation... 

Interested to know about this...

So if ever you go by there again... thanks to report  :jap:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Hum... could be destruction, but could also be renovation... 

Interested to know about this...

So if ever you go by there again... thanks to report  :jap:

It was early and nothing had been loaded onto the truck - I'll check it out next time I pass by.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 8:38 AM, Pattaya46 said:

  

Uh? Their lifetime membership give you access to all their facilities.

If ever the one you used was closed,

you still must have 4 or 5 other places you can go in Pattaya.

How many is there now to go to?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Thought all of Tonys Gyms were now closed and cleaned out?

Yes they are, as said on their FB page, until they can open again normaly.

My reply was for someone who used a Tony's gym that has been definitively closed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony’s gym on Soi Buakhao isn’t the best granted . Old and shoddy equipment and not the cleanest. But the prices are fair enough.

 

Theres just something about it I like though. Actually feels like your in Thailand if you go early evening . Can hear the old homeless, one screw loose man playing his flute, the market setting up and it’s smells and can feel that general sense of excitement that the night brings in Pattaya. 
 

If you wanna lift something weights and have a run there’s nothing wrong with it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

Tony’s gym on Soi Buakhao isn’t the best granted . Old and shoddy equipment and not the cleanest. But the prices are fair enough.

 

Theres just something about it I like though. Actually feels like your in Thailand if you go early evening . Can hear the old homeless, one screw loose man playing his flute, the market setting up and it’s smells and can feel that general sense of excitement that the night brings in Pattaya. 
 

If you wanna lift something weights and have a run there’s nothing wrong with it.

sounds lovely

Link to post
Share on other sites

With respect to my question about reopening the Third Road gym, Lucas, a manager type there, told me yesterday "not open maybe for the next few months."  As others have alluded to, a number of their clubs have been closed permanently (even before Coronavirus) and they are actively trying to sell a bunch of that equipment.  But the Third Road club, it seems, will eventually be back up and running.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

Tony’s gym on Soi Buakhao isn’t the best granted . Old and shoddy equipment and not the cleanest. But the prices are fair enough.

 

Theres just something about it I like though. Actually feels like your in Thailand if you go early evening . Can hear the old homeless, one screw loose man playing his flute, the market setting up and it’s smells and can feel that general sense of excitement that the night brings in Pattaya. 
 

If you wanna lift something weights and have a run there’s nothing wrong with it.

I am pretty sure I read but not 100% sure that the Soi bukow gym has closed as in closed closed...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HerbyJFlash said:

Tony’s gym on Soi Buakhao isn’t the best granted . Old and shoddy equipment and not the cleanest. But the prices are fair enough.

 

Theres just something about it I like though. Actually feels like your in Thailand if you go early evening . Can hear the old homeless, one screw loose man playing his flute, the market setting up and it’s smells and can feel that general sense of excitement that the night brings in Pattaya. 
 

If you wanna lift something weights and have a run there’s nothing wrong with it.

Yes. I used to like it. Cheap. Sauna. Watch all the people in the market. The girls walking down Soi Bukhao to work. After gym walk along the Soi and down Soi Honey. There used to be a nice phillipino girl working there but she went back home. The guy after her not such fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...