Bangkok to Pattaya buses

rak sa_ngop

Just looked at Bell Bus and they don't seem to be running however the "Pattaya Bus" (the regular, cheap bus) seems to still be operating.
No "covid" notices but they may be spacing people apart on the buses a bit more (if there are even that many travellers to make it necessary).

http://pattayabus.com/V2/en/from-bangkok/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

This is the current schedule between Ek and Pattaya from Nua bus station.

So much less than in good old times.

Every half hour as far as I remember.

A couple of weeks ago i took the bus above to Ekkamai. On your return at Bangkok they check your temperature and you have to complete an A4 arrival card. This didn't get requested by anyone so i binned it when i got back. Half the bus seats are not used so go early

What's the situation with regards to hotels in Pattaya? Any open and allowing new arrivals to check in?

I remember a story about Hua Hin's hotels being allowed to reopen, but don't recall something similar for Pattaya.

Well, if some are to be believed, there are around 160 hotels in the central part of Pattaya that have "tourists" in them (which was used as an excuse for "lockdown - Take 2").

However I haven't heard of any more opening. Check Google Maps to find some in the area(s) you want to be in and then try some trial bookings (or go to the hotel website).

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Caldera said:

What's the situation with regards to hotels in Pattaya? Any open and allowing new arrivals to check in?

I remember a story about Hua Hin's hotels being allowed to reopen, but don't recall something similar for Pattaya.

Most remain closed.... 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Caldera said:

Will be easy to find one of the guesthouses, 6-9k a month

Just to report back, I reached Ekkamai just before 7.00 am yesterday (Monday) to make sure I could get a seat on the first bus at 8.00 am.  However I was 'persuaded' to take a 'lot tu' departing in a few minutes for 140 baht. This was a bit faster than a normal big bus even though it passes through the Chonburi main drag and drops off and picks up. Also it travelled all the way down Sukhumvit in Pattaya down to Chaiyapreuk road which is where I wanted to go anyway.

No checks, no problems. Coming back I caught lot tus' as well as they are easy to flag down anywhere on Suk road.

I did not stay in Pattaya itself so no info on hotels etc.

Edited by rak sa_ngop
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Just to report back, I reached Ekkamai just before 7.00 am yesterday (Monday) to make sure I could get a seat on the first bus at 8.00 am.  However I was 'persuaded' to take a 'lot tu' departing in a few minutes for 140 baht. This was a bit faster than a normal big bus even though it passes through the Chonburi main drag and drops off and picks up. Also it travelled all the way down Sukhumvit in Pattaya down to Chaiyapreuk road which is where I wanted to go anyway.

No checks, no problems. Coming back I caught lot tus' as well as they are easy to flag down anywhere on Suk road.

I did not stay in Pattaya itself so no info on hotels etc.

You have no fear!