Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

Italian man in Cherng Talay Phuket’s latest COVID case, total reaches 226

Recommended Posts

Italian man in Cherng Talay Phuket’s latest COVID case, total reaches 226

By The Phuket News

 

1590222128_1-org.jpg

Image: PR Phuket

 

PHUKET: An Italian engineer who lives in Cherng Talay with his family has been confirmed as Phuket’s latest confirmed case of COVID-19 infection, bringing the total number of people in Phuket recognised by officials as infected with COVID-19 since the outbreak began to 226.

 

The Phuket Communicable Disease Committee in its daily report for today (May 22) reported that the man, 49, was an engineering manager who stayed at a house in Moo 6, Cherng Talay.

 

He traveled back from Shanghai, China, in the middle of March. After returning from China, the man, “Case 226”, took himself and his two children, 10 and 15 years old, to be tested for the virus at a private hospital. All three tested negative.

 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/italian-man-in-cherng-talay-phuket-latest-covid-case-total-reaches-226-76158.php

 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-05-24
 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that this man found his own case and tested himself and his children multiple times. 

 

Quote

The man took himself and his children to be tested again, as he planned to return to China, this time taking his children with him, the report said.

 

This time the children tested negative, but the man tested positive, the report explained.

None of the three showed any signs of infection, the report noted.

 

Imagine if Thailand actually tested people in the community instead of waiting for the sick ones to present at the hospital. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Imagine if Thailand actually tested people in the community instead of waiting for the sick ones to present at the hospital. 

or those without means or are afraid of stigma just get ill go and die and are never heard of again - up in smoke without a trace 

 

Looking at this story they omitted some very critical information - like the date of the second test - they did get the important info out there though - he's from Italy - what relevance that has I have no clue

 

If he arrived here from China in March then it is almost 100% certain he was infected in Thailand which means there is someone else running around that he got it from, every transmission in Thailand has to involve at least two people 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:
  Quote

The man took himself and his children to be tested again, as he planned to return to China, this time taking his children with him, the report said.

 

This time the children tested negative, but the man tested positive, the report explained.

None of the three showed any signs of infection, the report noted.

Are these tests 100% reliable? I think I would be seeking a second opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phuketshrew said:

Are these tests 100% reliable? I think I would be seeking a second opinion.


Im sure he probably had a second test. I know I would, and dude already paid for him and his kids twice. 
 

Also I thought there was a rule that you had to test positive twice on 2 tests to be counted as a real positive by the gov 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>>None of the three showed any signs of infection, the report noted.

 

 

As most of the people who get covid, it's not even noticed.  Perhaps he's reasonably healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He traveled back from Shanghai, China, in the middle of March. After returning from China, the man, “Case 226”, took himself and his two children, 10 and 15 years old, to be tested for the virus at a private hospital. All three tested negative.

Rather than demonise the Italian, how about pointing out the likelihood he caught it from Thais or the departing chinese after her returned ? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, steelepulse said:

>>None of the three showed any signs of infection, the report noted.

 

 

As most of the people who get covid, it's not even noticed.  Perhaps he's reasonably healthy.

None of the three showed any signs of infection, the report noted. When he returned from Shanghai in March. Unlikely then they had Covid at that time and were asymptomatic. Maybe read the report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very responsible to report voluntarily and be tested. But, to be travelling into the country at all and bringing this virus with him during highly restricted travel seems to highlight risky practices by this man and those who allowed him to travel.

Imagine what might have happened if he had travelled as he did, and did not report for testing but went about his business without said check?!

Let's see how many of the people he was in contact with have contracted Covid.

If a a cluster develops from this man then there definitely goes June to open the island, if a cluster develops then welcome back the roadblocks in the tambon's of Surin amd Bang Tao and and maybe July, August and beyond before we are allowed to leave the island! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Very responsible to report voluntarily and be tested. But, to be travelling into the country at all and bringing this virus with him during highly restricted travel seems to highlight risky practices by this man and those who allowed him to travel.

Imagine what might have happened if he had travelled as he did, and did not report for testing but went about his business without said check?!

Let's see how many of the people he was in contact with have contracted Covid.

If a a cluster develops from this man then there definitely goes June to open the island, if a cluster develops then welcome back the roadblocks in the tambon's of Surin amd Bang Tao and and maybe July, August and beyond before we are allowed to leave the island! 

He arrived back in Thailand from China 10 weeks ago, incubation period is 14 days! Whats more likely, he caught it in Phuket or has carried round with him for 10 weeks with no symptoms?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

He arrived back in Thailand from China 10 weeks ago, incubation period is 14 days! Whats more likely, he caught it in Phuket or has carried round with him for 10 weeks with no symptoms?

Exactly.  Choices between: The incubation period is much longer than reported. The series of tests were defective.  He may have been  wandering  around Phuket asymptomatic but shedding for 10 weeks.  Untreated because of faulty tests.

 

Doesn't matter which choice is correct.  It's a massive problem for our health officials and a real kick in the head for our months of following  restrictions in an attempt to improve matters in the country.. He tried to do the right things ... Sometimes the universe is out to get you.  I hope it's not out for all of us.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...