Exclusive: 86 year old British expat left "starving and mistreated" by Thai family on his way home to UK

rooster59

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Probably the sort that go to Pattaya. 70 year old men don't end up in Sakon Nakon with nice ladies. 

I wonder if the lady was younger than him. 

Don't judge a nation on its prostitutes' families. 

That's a lot of families not to judge!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

You are 86 years old, you fool. 

Why on earth would you try to have a relationship at this age in a foreign culture? 

Ever consider that they might just be after your money? 

For the courage he should be knighted and called Sir Ron. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

When I approach that age, I plan to be walking distance from a bank, a hospital, a market, and a dentist.   

I hope to have a nice set of falsers by 70, and only visit the dentist every 5 years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zoza said:

we had a lad who had his own routine were he used to  make his way into Pattaya most

days via several bars, he was an x boilermaker and had a decent pension.

i was in a bar one day and his wife got him by the throat, it was a bit of a shock and he later

told me his little secret that his wife had caught him out? i cannot repeat what i heard but lets

just say although i was surprised i was not at all bothered by his story.

a few months later his best mate turned up and told me he could not contact the x boilermaker?

the story was him and his wife had moved to her village.

a few months on and the next story was he now never answered his phone, but his thai wife did and 

made an excuse time after time but never put him on. and although i did see his mate he said the

last time he spoke to the boilermakers wife, and lied to her that he owed her husband some money

and that he wanted to pay him back but she just hung up.

i have never seen or heard anything of the three since that day,,,,and i know at least three others who disappeared in similar situations.  just didn't realize i was so boring.....  

Pattaya bar talk. Should we believe it? I think not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Truth sits upon the lips of dying men.... "Matthew Arnold"

Good he come back coz hes dog..... 

I take beer.... And actualy truth is here! Only read one comment from here, he should know everything about LOS! hmm.... but maybe that age he dont know how get here! Relatives need to teatch him for next time! Then he never make misstake like all of us in this forum..... 555

Edited by 2 is 1

35 minutes ago, zoza said:

i have never seen or heard anything of the three since that day,,,,and i know at least three others who disappeared in similar situations.  just didn't realize i was so boring.....  

Happens a lot. There was the ex policeman who was being poisoned and luckily found by a travelling foreign monk, that made the UK press a few years back. 

My good friend took his wife to court and won. He was awarded half the estate, 7 million baht. He was killed in a hotel room shortly after. Police never investigated. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, mr mr said:

so he was basically kidnapped and forced to hand over his monthly pension yet still really loves thailand ? 

I think he wants to make sure he gets out before speaking the truth

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Obviously he loves the lifestyle, the slow pace, the weather, his dog, what else is there to know. Don't judge someone unless you walk a mile in their shoes first.  Everyone is different and has a belief system as well as there own values.  Do not paint everyone with the same brush you paint yourself with.  Rushing to judgment is easy to do, but it is a fools errand.....enjoy your life wherever you may be, but never try to put your values onto someone else...There's your break

and the young could never know the experiences this man has had in a lifetime.