Exclusive: 86 year old British expat left "starving and mistreated" by Thai family on his way home to UK

rooster59

4 hours ago, Mulambana said:

This tells it all. At 79, he cmes to Thailand to find a bride with his meagre pension. Who on earth does that? And I still dont not understand why he loves Thailand. Temples and beaches? Give me a break!

And just where did it say he came here to find a bride?

From Dartagnan: So good for Ron to go back home. But the story that was told over the media and created by the good man called Decklan (Deckhan Jamrs Theodore) is somehow different from reality. In fact, Ron's girl friend managed all the issues and Ron was not captured or kidnapped as stated. The fund opened to (what ever purpose?) for him is a question when his family (and him) had enough money to get him back. Remember, he got his credit card and passport with him when supposed released from the bad people. Just to let you know that the good people who take him to the airport this morning are going to have a good time in BKK and there after going to Pattaya on private party (may be from the fund)!!! Fack stories, fack news are common every day and to become a very good man it takes a lot more than lying to people.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

You are 86 years old, you fool. 

Why on earth would you try to have a relationship at this age in a foreign culture? 

Ever consider that they might just be after your money? 

Ever considered thay he might be after their bodies ?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

what a great guy! he is already very old but instead waiting to dy, he chases his dream of being in paradise with a new sweetheart. thats the spirit!

I take it you've never been to Sakhon Nakhon ????

59 minutes ago, BradinAsia said:

Hahaha... not likely he would've gotten any expert advice on this forum of mostly gloom-and-doom.

They never listen anyway. 

"Bob, that woman looks like a buffalo and is over 30, no Thai man would go near her"

"I like the exotic dark kind". 

"Bert, she's a prostitute and doesn't love you" 

"No, she said she cashier in  go go and love me cause I boom boom better Thai man and poom pui sanook" 

Two things, if he rescued him from Udon, why take him to Hua Hin rather than Bangkok to get a flight home .?

and why does he need a Go Fund Me account “ with thousands “ to get him home ? Last time i checked, a direct flight back with Eva to Heathrow is around £700 right now . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

You are 86 years old, you fool. 

Why on earth would you try to have a relationship at this age in a foreign culture? 

Ever consider that they might just be after your money? 

Because some of us are a bit adventurous, you know, not spent a lifetime tied to mums apron strings...

How about you....?

• Like 1

Well said Hot and Sticky. 
The lack of human kindness on this forum never ceases to amaze me. I hope it’s only the vocal minority and not the silent majority that think this way, for their OWN sakes. 
As people age we inevitably loosen our grip on reality, while we are still working and in the Midst of life it’s easy to keep that grip, at seventy something, things change, we may lose our life partners, retire from our life careers and The result is our whole perception of things change. I can see how it would be very easy to think this exotic female in front of me wants to take care of me and be nice to me. But that may also be because I don’t immediately assume the whole world is out to screw me of my life savings, while by no means am I naive, I have some level of faith in human nature. I reckon maybe I should get some lessons from our TV cynics before I hit 86 then. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Because some of us are a bit adventurous, you know, not spent a lifetime tied to mums apron strings...

How about you....?

Adventurous, don't make me laugh ????Spending all day at your computer sounds so exciting, or maybe you manage 100 posts a day in 1 hour and spend the rest of the day watching TV? 

6 hours ago, Mulambana said:

This tells it all. At 79, he cmes to Thailand to find a bride with his meagre pension. Who on earth does that? And I still dont not understand why he loves Thailand. Temples and beaches? Give me a break!

You obviously do not have any ideas of the loneliness single elderly people experience! Perhaps you will . . . one day and understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are some very Nast comments on this post I for one offer mu heart felt thanks to the guy who had the courage to rescue this poor fellow and I hope that he gets his flight today and gets back to the U.K. why is it that people judge an individual of Senior age who decides to come to Thailand as some dirty old man The fella according to his daughter had lost his long term partner and decided to come here seeking a better life what the hell is wrong with that I hope he now gets the help he needs and can get on his feet and maybe if there is enough left over in the go fun me it might be enough to get his beloved dog back to the UK and quarantined .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Obviously he loves the lifestyle, the slow pace, the weather, his dog, what else is there to know. Don't judge someone unless you walk a mile in their shoes first.  Everyone is different and has a belief system as well as there own values.  Do not paint everyone with the same brush you paint yourself with.  Rushing to judgment is easy to do, but it is a fools errand.....enjoy your life wherever you may be, but never try to put your values onto someone else...There's your break

Absolutely!  Walk a mile in their shoes before you diss them.

Then you are a mile ahead and can start running safe in the knowledge that they have no shoes on!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Malawi said:

Must be those caring Thais we read so much about.

Well,....It's like everywhere,.. there are good people and Bad people everywhere and in every country !!!

Personally I am very happy to have Thai friends that are in the good people compartment !!!