Exclusive: 86 year old British expat left "starving and mistreated" by Thai family on his way home to UK

rooster59

6 hours ago, mr mr said:

so he was basically kidnapped and forced to hand over his monthly pension yet still really loves thailand ? 

stockholm syndrome

Are you really gonna blame a whole country for one person who treated him badly? There are good and bad people in every culture and country. In life you need to be aware of predators that prey on the weak and naïve.

It really shows how dumb men are with the large amounts of sin sod given, especially to tattoo ridden multi child whores, the large monthly allowances handed out, and sending money up country to take care of a family that in most cases are younger than you. I have been living in Thailand for over 20 years and I still find it funny and shocking but not really surprised about the guys coming to Thailand and hooking up with hookers and marrying them. Night in shining armor syndrome. Rule of thumb trash is trash no matter how pretty it is. It’s the way they think. Stop believing all the sad stories they tell you. You would be really surprised on all the opportunities they have such as student loans and the many government programs that Thailand provides. Wake up already there is no excuses anymore with the internet and all the millions of blog sites out there on the subject. 

After all the research the number one thing guys say, mine is different. Sorry to say, 99% of the time there NOT!

7 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Well done sleuth, you have cracked it.

You have missed your vocation - you should be in criminal intelligence rather than jerking off on an internet forum.

Slow down Watson . The way it came on the News earlier in the week it looked pretty Unbelievable.

now still Unbelievable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Steady on ol' chap, what I do in my now old age is up to me, don't you think, plus you are making assumptions about my daily routine and what I get up to....????......????

Even when you write 102 posts, it doesn't harm anybody. Innit?

Always a pleasure to read your words. 

• Like 1

Just now, teacherclaire said:

Even when you write 102 posts, it doesn't harm anybody. Innit?

Always a pleasure to read your words. 

????....

Plus my fan mail takes up my mornings.............????..........????............????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, allanos said:

The fact that at over 79 years of age he could still get it up, leaves me not only envious, but full of admiration.  Way to go, Ron!

you ever see the movie old school ?

ma boy blue !! ????

1 hour ago, 448glb said:

Are you really gonna blame a whole country for one person who treated him badly?

you feel better after getting all that out ? please point to where i talked about the whole country. 

Edited by mr mr

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Obviously he loves the lifestyle, the slow pace, the weather, his dog, what else is there to know. Don't judge someone unless you walk a mile in their shoes first.  Everyone is different and has a belief system as well as there own values.  Do not paint everyone with the same brush you paint yourself with.  Rushing to judgment is easy to do, but it is a fools errand.....enjoy your life wherever you may be, but never try to put your values onto someone else...There's your break

I very much like to walk a mile in another’s shoes. Then they are a mile away and I have their shoes...

8 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Well done sleuth, you have cracked it.

You have missed your vocation - you should be in criminal intelligence rather than jerking off on an internet forum.

The state of his intelligence is indeed ‘criminal'!

4 hours ago, Dartagnan said:

From Dartagnan: So good for Ron to go back home. But the story that was told over the media and created by the good man called Decklan (Deckhan Jamrs Theodore) is somehow different from reality. In fact, Ron's girl friend managed all the issues and Ron was not captured or kidnapped as stated. The fund opened to (what ever purpose?) for him is a question when his family (and him) had enough money to get him back. Remember, he got his credit card and passport with him when supposed released from the bad people. Just to let you know that the good people who take him to the airport this morning are going to have a good time in BKK and there after going to Pattaya on private party (may be from the fund)!!! Fack stories, fack news are common every day and to become a very good man it takes a lot more than lying to people.

Don't tell the Brits they've been had by one of their own. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mulambana said:

This tells it all. At 79, he cmes to Thailand to find a bride with his meagre pension. Who on earth does that? And I still dont not understand why he loves Thailand. Temples and beaches? Give me a break!

The warm weather?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Adventurous, don't make me laugh ????Spending all day at your computer sounds so exciting, or maybe you manage 100 posts a day in 1 hour and spend the rest of the day watching TV? 

Very true. Usually are attacking other posters. Do they watch Thai shows or news? Most likely only Sky News or something like that. However, they know everything 555.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You are 1 sad individual, hope you never need help from others.

Before you come out with a smart, wont happen to me, stop and think it could happen to anybody.

Sorry many friends but mostly Thai and very smart. They constantly offer to help. No problem for me here, ever.

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Obviously he loves the lifestyle, the slow pace, the weather, his dog, what else is there to know. Don't judge someone unless you walk a mile in their shoes first.  Everyone is different and has a belief system as well as there own values.  Do not paint everyone with the same brush you paint yourself with.  Rushing to judgment is easy to do, but it is a fools errand.....enjoy your life wherever you may be, but never try to put your values onto someone else...There's your break

Well said!

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

The guy hardly looks starved. And why the caring British family with all the loving words did not know about this or help him if he needed help in all those years? And the lot of them can't come up with the money for a plane ticket between them? 

Assuming he was on a retirement visa, did he not have 800k in the bank to get home with? Instead of a Crowdfund? 

• Like 2

"War veteran"? Which war? If they are referring to WW2 he would've been around 10 years old when it was over ???? Still the story just show's that wisdom isn't aquired with age.

Edited by mal2018
Spelling error

15 minutes ago, mal2018 said:

"War veteran"? Which war? If they are referring to WW2 he would've been around 10 years old when it was over ???? Still the story just show's that wisdom isn't aquired with age.

Perhaps Vietnam, Falklands, etc..?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

You are 86 years old, you fool. 

Why on earth would you try to have a relationship at this age in a foreign culture? 

Ever consider that they might just be after your money? 

after being raised in a 1st world nation with its supposedly superior educational system you would have thought his critical thinking skills were better honed than this, perhaps he was booze addled...

• Like 1

I still don't understand how his family CANNOT get 2000 pounds immediately.  Maybe they did, and the fund was for his recovery.  who knows.......maybe it was answered already.  why wasn't his family keeping track of him?

Oh, don't worry, he's 86 and we don't need to check up on him...... OMG.  anyhow. 

Yea, we aren't allowed to talk about these stories in public; HOWEVER, if a Thai was mistreated in the UK in this way..... OMG, can you imagine?

This story is actually 10-years old.  When he turned 92, he dated a Thai again.  lol

9 hours ago, Mulambana said:

This tells it all. At 79, he cmes to Thailand to find a bride with his meagre pension. Who on earth does that? And I still dont not understand why he loves Thailand. Temples and beaches? Give me a break!

Temples and beaches... streets you can almost eat off... beautiful architecture... a welcoming Immigration vibe... and very little presence of a uniformed police state... not forgetting the cuddly ageing population.

• Haha 1