Thailand considers shortening curfew hours to midnight until 4am

rooster59

Control. Fear. Suppression.....might be argued as "Crime suppresion" ?  I see bluesofas point, but surely if that was so - then those people would just stay at the property partying or gambling til after 04.00am!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Great. Now my as -a- nine big fatheaded Thai neighbor on the other side of another housing estate fence will be going more wild. Already was disrespectful of the curfew and his neighbors. As much as I abhor the military iron fisted control, I abhor this Thai guys sense of self entitlement and his do what he wants. 

Thais don't have the same respect, maybe not the best word, let's say manners toward other people as many of us are use to. It is unfortunately about themselves first and foremost with little or no consideration for others. This is evident in all aspects of life here. I would think (but don't know) that all or most Asian nations are the same, Japan being an exception.

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Plus, I've read news reports of neighbours 'dobbing in' people partying

What they take a horse to a party .!

Blimey that's a bit Blazing Saddles .. Anyway I thought Dobbins were under quarantine as well ..  

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Haha 1

Honestly ..pls for gods sake stop all that curfew sh**!!! It was shortened from 10 to 11 pm, but in practice NOTHING changed here in BKK . Malls and supermarkets close 8pm, Nightmarkets 9/9:30pm, you can’t dine out properly, as you don’t know when the restaurants close exactly etc. This curfew is killing everything. I don’t need to go to clubs or bars until 1-2am, but I would love to have the old opening times. Malls, restaurants until 10pm, if I’m hungry at 11pm go to 7/11 or grab some street food etc. Most places are still suffering a lot from the „new normal“ and social distancing...so no curfew a all would be the right step for people to feel a bit more comfortable again. 

• Like 2

curfew can be set as permanent to make an attractive tourist place without night noises. Is the only way to make the deal because police can't or don't want to pursue the noisy music from bars and noisy motorbikes in the roads. If some bad tourist, thai and foreign, wish to go elsewhere many other will come if the town is a relaxing place. There are less then 100 noisy motorbike in the town, we don't need 100 noisy tourists.

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

If Wuhan virus numbers down—why the need for curfew?  Stop the 14 day quarantine, open hotels and beaches...

well said....it is ridiculous that big malls and other shopping places are open YET BEACHES REMAIN CLOSED absolute stupidity but where are we WE are in THAILAND !!!

• Like 2