BANGKOK

On May 24, 2563 BE at 9:55 PM, VBF said:

I loved The Sex Pistols but couldn't resist posting this...

Johnny Rotten a few years after the Pistols......

It's funny and fair play to him, in a <deleted> take way.  But come on you would never see the great Joe Strummer stooping to this. Nor Terry Hall and even less chance Weller.

Joe Strummer stands head and shoulders above any British musician of that era.  A consumate true Rock n Roller, I miss this man and his political presence more than my own father.  Only one or two still around like him today. Billy Bragg is one more.  Never sold out, never sought the limelight.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

On what do you base that optimism?

Population growth alone is destroying more and more environments. Species are being exterminated at an increasing rate. Western society is far too dependent on technology. China is arming, the west is too corrupt and weak to withstand a determined enemy.

I see nothing to be optimistic about.

This may be the first time in history ( since perhaps the Black Death ) that the coming generations will be worse off than than their elder's.

Actually, the end result of the Black Death was ultimately good for the ordinary man. Due to depopulation, there just weren't enouhg people to work their Lord's land. End result was the end of Feudalism and the start of paying money to peasants for their labour. But, I digress.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 9:21 AM, Surasak said:

Had it not been for the 'boomer' generation, just where would you be now?????

not under a mountain of debt being passed on and literally hundreds of problems that could of already been addressed and fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2020 at 9:12 PM, mr336 said:

Wishing for a generation to stop breathing for their mistakes is surely the adults talking.

not even willing to discuss or admit to those mistakes is surely. aw forget it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr mr said:

not even willing to discuss or admit to those mistakes is surely. aw forget it. 

The way of the world is what it is. I would suggest you take another look and lay blame at the feet of those who lead. We all vote for those leaders, hoping for change. The pendulum swings back and forth, but the only say we have, is the tick or cross on the ballot paper. I will freely admit mistakes have been made in the past, we can all name a few obvious ones, but in many ways the general public had no say in those actions. It all comes down to, what can you do as an individual, to change the path any government chooses to follow? Other than full on civil war, we follow the leaders we voted for.

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2020 at 10:49 AM, Max69xl said:

You seem to have forgotten about the common flu which has killed >300k people/year worldwide the last few years. No one is talking about it anymore, and why is that? In many countries the numbers of deaths from Covid-19 is almost the same as from the flu. So what's the difference? The Thai government doesn't have a clue about the common flu and the numbers overseas. Several restrictions are a joke compared to other countries when thinking about official cases and deaths in a country with ~69 million people. 

Precisely.

20 hours ago, Surasak said:

The way of the world is what it is. I would suggest you take another look and lay blame at the feet of those who lead. We all vote for those leaders, hoping for change. The pendulum swings back and forth, but the only say we have, is the tick or cross on the ballot paper. I will freely admit mistakes have been made in the past, we can all name a few obvious ones, but in many ways the general public had no say in those actions. It all comes down to, what can you do as an individual, to change the path any government chooses to follow? Other than full on civil war, we follow the leaders we voted for.

Many tolerate the leaders we did not elect.

Post baby boomers have been voting for ages now, so don't blame everything on B Bs, and BTW we didn't get a say in being born.