Why is 7 Eleven requiring customers to register before entry?

Hello All,

Within the past day, all of the 7 elevens in our town have started requiring ALL customers, including Thais, to sign their name and write their phone number in a book. Another option is to use the QR code with your cell phone. I'm assuming this is COVID related, but noticed that none of the other stores (Tesco or Mini C) are doing this. There is a sign posted that says "Required by government".

Would anyone by chance, have a link to whatever law is now requiring this? Has anyone else experienced this in 7-11 or other stores? I'm just curious as to why they have started this all of a sudden.

Thanks!

Edited by BadSpottedDog
addition
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Don't worry, the other stores will be starting soon.

It is indeed part of the government's covid-19 tracking system.

The only place I've been in recently that didn't need it was our local Mom and Pop shop (they have a sign and seating outside to use if it's "crowded") and one of our local Seven's (the one on the other side of the road requires the QR registration).

You will need to get used to it or shop online.

So you don't have the paper option? 

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

If you wish to use the same pen as the other 10,000 users, the paper option is there. I use my phone because I know who's touched it and it gets an alcohol wipe occasionally.

I think I will carry my own pen, as the previous reply stated.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sundown said:

Knowing the Thai way all data will be flushed , it's all just a show off for the international community to see how good and nice and successful was Thailand to stop covid.

For the records when I went to stores I checked in just scanning, the guy at entrance let me in and then I didn't put any data. Never checked out also. No one cares.

They are never mentioned for being so good at controlling covid-19 unlike South Korea and Taiwan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tlock said:

I'd take it a step further.  if by locking down and contact tracing we are eliminating covid-19, logically we would also be eliminating other infectious diseases spread by person to person contact, tuberculosis, etc. right?  so i think we should maintain the lockdowns until ALL infectious diseases are eliminated or a vaccine is found.  

if it saves just one life, it's worth it.

Have you ever been a patient in a Thai hospital? LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

7-11 will lose much business. I went in today to 7-11, had 2 people waiting to sign in with equal number waiting to sign out. Me, I have many other alternatives closer by, bye bye 7-11

Kuhn Dhanin will be sleepless.

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Because they hit their head really hard in the wall, and now believe they fall under the same status as a mall, supermarket or a megastore

Could it even be a status symbol?

• Haha 1