Why is 7 Eleven requiring customers to register before entry?

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

OMG 2 people waiting the end of the world.

It is a convenience store.  Lose business to who?

Just about every shop, market, mall are doing the same or will be.

Food Mart is doing the same thing where I am.

Maybe some people just need to grow up and adjust to the reality of what is now and the future.

Don't assume, business for independent shops will increase. That's how business works.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Don't assume, business for independent shops will increase. That's how business works.

I appreciate your response.

Yes, some independent shops but most do not have the variety that 7-11 does.

I am just saying, I think we mostly need to adjust to the new rules.

It is not fun I agree.  But, at least we are able to go out and shop and not on a ventilator or dead.

So, for me a few rules and patience I can deal with it.

• Like 1

just sign your name Jenny Jenny and write 8675309, 8675309.......

someone will get it

good luck trying to read my handwriting.....i did sign, not print.   they were looking at me.  OMG, knock knock

Edited by Ventenio
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

They use an app for contact tracing not QR code. It's not the black death, it's just mass hysteria being whipped up.

It's not an app, it's a web-based system. After you scan the QR code, the link it generates takes you to a web site where your details are entered into the system, along with your time of entry and (if you check out as you should) exit from the facility. I've used the system about half a dozen times already.

The main problem I've noticed is that although they insist on you checking in, they don't bother in the slightest about the checkout. So the period of time that you are inside the shop is not accurately recorded.

• Like 2

1.  App registration using QR scan set up to be voluntary by government unless things have changed over weekend.  Expect some stores may be making there own rules to obtain better reviews as app also allows feedback on store conditions.

2.  If unable use phone/QR code - manual write ledger an option.

3.  Files are supposed to be removed after 60 days (ledger files probably not - cold callers will love em.

4.  As said it to enable tracing of those in contact with known cases and for that it can be helpful. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure why everybody keeps referring to an app. It's not an app and nothing is installed on your phone - it simply takes you to a website where your details are recorded.

Edit: At least based on my experience of every shop I've been in where they've used it.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I'm assuming this is COVID related, but noticed that none of the other stores (Tesco or Mini C) are doing this. There is a sign posted that says "Required by government".

The sign is correct. Many Big C's and Tesco's are doing it already.

The 7/11 had my wife sign in. But, upon leaving, the employee graciously wrote in her departure time for her.  

6 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I'm not sure why everybody keeps referring to an app. It's not an app and nothing is installed on your phone - it simply takes you to a website where your details are recorded.

Edit: At least based on my experience of every shop I've been in where they've used it.

True no app on phone but there is an app/application/program at the other end - QR code is unique to the store involved and takes you to the website app to enter data and it is stored there.

Edited by lopburi3

10 minutes ago, jvs said:

That will be after they put you in IC,a little late.

I wasn't offering any opinion on whether this will be an effective system or whether it's even really necessary in the first place given the low number of cases (apparently) around in the country. I was simply answering the question of what good could a QR code do in saving lives (theoretically) if someone subsequently came down with the virus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Man, the world has seriously changed hasn't it, and this is in a country now reporting single digit or zero daily cases, that's cases not deaths.

This is all just freaking me out now and finding it really hard to see any positives anywhere. It's also clear that gov's are now using this situation to gain more control over people. Awful, awful times. 

may i offer a soothing melody to help you through this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

True no app on phone but there is an app/application/program at the other end - QR code is unique to the store involved and takes you to the website app to enter data and it is stored there.

If it takes you to a website where are your details are entered into a database and  where there is some code running behind that which will handle notifications then it doesn't meet the definition of an app as far as I understand it:

A mobile application, also referred to as a mobile app or simply an app, is a computer program or software application designed to run on a mobile device such as a phone, tablet, or watch. 

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

1 minute ago, mr mr said:

may i offer a soothing melody to help you through this. 

Yes we have a lot to look forward too I can hardly wait to get microchipped ......Freedom is so old fashion.....Being watched 24/7 is the new cool..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

then it doesn't meet the definition of an app as far as I understand it:

A mobile application, also referred to as a mobile app or simply an app, is a computer program or software application designed to run on a mobile device such as a phone, tablet, or watch. 

App is short for "application," which is the same thing as a software program. While an app may refer to a program for any hardware platform, it is most often used to describe programs for mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.

https://techterms.com/definition/app

7 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Yes we have a lot to look forward too I can hardly wait to get microchipped ......Freedom is so old fashion.....Being watched 24/7 is the new cool..... 

like I always say- if you can't beat em- join em.

safety first!