Why is 7 Eleven requiring customers to register before entry?

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Don't assume, business for independent shops will increase. That's how business works.

I certainly haven't used a 7-11 for  2 months I go to the local shops,  no  hassle no twit at the door dressed  like an alien then picking their  noses when they think no ones there telling you you are "ok" at 31c.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the Defcon level is dropping. Saw a few people yesterday out and about on a main street near Victory Monument without masks. Which was pretty much an impossible sight till a couple of days ago.

With zero (or near zero) cases the past few days the chance of getting infected is about the same as being hit by lightning. People understand this.

The QR registering system is harmless but I give it a couple of weeks at best if the case rate stays near zero. In fact, it'll have to be gone when they open the entertainment venues (thought I saw reports of June 15) because they'll never let crowded places operate if there's the slightest chance of a recurrence. And if there isn't then customer registration is a waste of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bodga said:

In a  population of 380 million to  add some scale.

US population is about 330 million according to Google search.

So Thailand would have about 21,000 deaths if on same scale.

3 hours ago, Sundown said:

Knowing the Thai way all data will be flushed , it's all just a show off for the international community to see how good and nice and successful was Thailand

With my experience teaching in Thai government schools, I can absolutely confirm this to be the case.

All the marks and exams I gave, all for naught. Someone might've glanced at them just to see if stuff had been filled in. One huge stack of graded exams I left I know was never touched. The students were all passed regardless.

On one occasion, a farang teacher had left during the term, and we were told not to worry about his classes. They would give extra work and exams to take his place. At the end of the term, I was then asked to fill in grading sheets with random, but passable numbers, and say I had taught these classes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

Yeah started yesterday in my local one in BKK. I will be bringing my pen whenever I go out now.

My 7, didn't offer the scan, that I did six times at wongsawan to buy beer and go into bank branch.  In and out of the mall, then each store.  I upgraded my at reader..that helped, I suppose many are doing it in LINE.  Hasn't offered to install the app, yet, but it only asked mobile number once.  Bottom line, signing is quicker and easier..no need to sign out, too.  7 may have already determined that scan will really slow things down at the door, contrary to their entire evolution. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldie said:

Why register now? Not good but still better than spraying disinfectant into the eyes of customers. 

They are doing that here, at Walmart, where I never step foot, and Trader Joes, which I like(d) very much.

So back to making my own mayo, no problem, but the butter is going to have a learning curve!

• Like 1

Several people have mentioned being asked to sign out or being signed out. At the local Big C store where I must have signed in about 6/8 times since they started no one has asked me to sign out although I see them reminding people to QR code out.

7/11, which started yesterday for me, 2 or 3 visits and never asked to sign out.

5 hours ago, Ventenio said:

just sign your name Jenny Jenny and write 8675309, 8675309.......

someone will get it

good luck trying to read my handwriting.....i did sign, not print.   they were looking at me.  OMG, knock knock

If you sign in, apparently you'll have to show your ID, that's a passport for foreigners.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

Why would the Chinese be interested in someone as inconsequential as you?

They have a lot of experience there in „reeducating“ aka brainwashing in their concentration camps. Well tested procedures with millions of Uighurs.  So don‘t worry, they can fix everyone, even you.

But then again, you know that already.

7 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Yes. There is such a country. I am there right now....

The US has recently taken actions to reduce taxes to almost zero!

Yes, you read correctly....zero. Only the very wealthy will have to pay taxes.....

Because just about everyone else is now unemployed and/or under house arrest...I mean lockdown....I mean quarantine....I mean sheltering in place....

We left the US in 2015. Watching from afar, I'm appalled at how certain governors are taking advantage of this crisis. What state are you in?