Why is 7 Eleven requiring customers to register before entry?

11 hours ago, redwood1 said:
13 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

If you sign in, apparently you'll have to show your ID, that's a passport for foreigners.

No....

"If you sign in, apparently you'll have to show your ID, that's a passport for foreigners".

It has been reported that that will be the case.  Note that I used "you'll" ("you will"), the future tense.

2 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

"If you sign in, apparently you'll have to show your ID, that's a passport for foreigners".

It has been reported that that will be the case.  Note that I used "you'll" ("you will"), the future tense.

Do you have verification of this? A link? Article? Would be appreciated

21 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Once it's known that you have the virus, the system will send a notification to anyone who was in the same place at the same time as you

the system, are you serious, it is not a system, it is nothing more than a login to a website.

How the fukkk are they a week later going to know where I was if I don't tell them when I am on my deathbed.

• Like 1

the fake sites above are reported as malware sites
(i did first ask, but quickly checked)
shame none just let you scan QR on mock site
the .pro loaded but cuts out after 30 seconds

i tried the official site and got..................
thaichana2.png.4423fdbe0c3d16484a8d24b334a1f009.png

Edited by innosiem

23 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

They are never mentioned for being so good at controlling covid-19 unlike South Korea and Taiwan.

They brag about it repeatedly in recent media stories. Maybe spend some time away from this forum and explore some other media, worthwhile or not. 

2 hours ago, innosiem said:

you have to scan a QR
because they have made the worst tracing system possible

not that i care for this to work
as it has nothing to to do with tracing any virus or disease
but instead of creating an app that works in the background
with zero input from the end user
they made a voluntary tracking system
where you must enter data manually each time at every location
this is beyond ridiculous for its desired use and from a developer viewpoint

such inconvenience for consumers to enter and leave a business
will DESTROY and businesses that manage to survive this nonsense
The sheep will cheer when corp' owned stores like 7-11 ride this through and remain open
as all little independent businesses close
The sheep will also cheer when android and apple release their tracking apps
that do not need any manual input or action
with "look its great, you don't even need to scan a QR" ????‍♂️

Typical opinion of most sheep is
everything is fine when because it does not affect me

it is taking everyone far to long to wake up to the reality of what is happening.

Not everyone, but there are still too many who are content to believe the 'official' narrative as the truth, which it is not.

2 hours ago, Sundown said:

During this lockdown for some odd reason I stopped going to 7 eleven. Now I realize what a useless waste of money on carbs and sugars it is going to that place. It was more an addiction than a real need.

By the way to stay on topic, be very careful giving out your real names and numbers. Those lists will be easily resold to marketing agencies. When I scan I always pretend I'm doing it just to enter the mall

I think it's sad that many Thai people load their kids up with snacks from 7 eleven. It's NOT food! Yes. Off topic, but I'm always amazed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:
On 5/25/2020 at 12:27 PM, Bob A Kneale said:

Do you have verification of this? A link? Article? Would be appreciated

Yes, I can verify that I did read it somewhere in the last few days but I can't remember exactly where and, obviously, with it being on the internet, I cannot vouch for the veracity of it's prediction.

I've signed in multiple times already and was not asked for any form of ID. Neither were any of the other people I saw signing in.

On 5/25/2020 at 4:05 PM, innosiem said:

the fake sites above are reported as malware sites
(i did first ask, but quickly checked)
shame none just let you scan QR on mock site
the .pro loaded but cuts out after 30 seconds

i tried the official site and got..................

I visited the official site a few days ago and again this morning. I didn't notice any problems. In fact I still have it open in another browser tab.

Screenshot_20200527-171303.png

14 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I've signed in multiple times already and was not asked for any form of ID. Neither were any of the other people I saw signing in.

Note that I used "you'll" ("you will"), the future tense.

On 5/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, Ryan754326 said:

Apps are so inconvenient. Can’t they just implant some kind of chip under my skin that scans me in and out of every building without me having to do anything?

Once we get used to one chip, surely some will rush to get multiple chips implanted.

It could even become a fashion, chips in the teeth, chips on the ears..

There will be all sorts of chips to choose, the cheap ones and the futuristic, what is there not to be happy ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

An open book that looked like a sign in book but was not asked to sign it or use an App

It is up to you to sign in and provide contact number (use landline phone number to prevent spam if you can).

There is no app involved.  They should have a QR code (like below) on display that you can use with your smart phone to scan and takes you to the web site to sign in and then sign out when you leave.

image.png.32f02c31870683e5b504dd991ba8fbe0.png

On 5/26/2020 at 4:33 AM, Ryan754326 said:

Apps are so inconvenient. Can’t they just implant some kind of chip under my skin that scans me in and out of every building without me having to do anything?

Why would they bother when most of us carry our own RFID tag around to talk on?

41 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It is up to you to sign in and provide contact number (use landline phone number to prevent spam if you can).

There is no app involved.  They should have a QR code (like below) on display that you can use with your smart phone to scan and takes you to the web site to sign in and then sign out when you leave.

image.png.32f02c31870683e5b504dd991ba8fbe0.png

I'll just stick to the Mom & Pop shops, thank you.

Until they get put out of business, that is....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

If your phone can read a QR, it's because you have an app for reading QR codes. 

It may not be specific to this particular purpose, and it may have been preloaded when you bought the phone.  But it is an app.

Edited by impulse

3 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

I'll just stick to the Mom & Pop shops, thank you.

Until they get put out of business, that is....

Last night i bought a couple of beers in the little shop, about 10 locals hanging and chatting around in 4 sq. meters, including one of the local finest sitting on the floor, all without masks except the farang (me).

But they were smiling at me ????

• Like 2

On 5/25/2020 at 11:05 AM, innosiem said:

...i tried the official site and got..................

You used the wrong URL. The correct URL is www.thaichana.com, not thaichana.com

This is Thailand and you must use Thailand 1.0. The Thailand 4.0 touted in the media is just vapourware.

Anyway, what do you need from the Thaichana website? I understand that this site is for business owners to get the QR quote to display in the shop for customers to scan before entering the shop, or have I got this wrong?

Edited by Puccini

Just went to the makro scanned the qr code in got refered to the thaichana site and clocked in (less then one min asked for my phone nr that was all). Then after i was done shopping i checked out with the qr code and had to do a small survey about if the staff wore masks if hand sanitizer was there ect. (took a bit more time  think 30 seconds).

So easy no problems at all no app involved just a QR code that helps logging in on a website that ONLY collects your phone nr.

This is far better then using a pen on paper and this shows how long you were in the shop so it helps for better contact tracing as now they have to alert a smaller group (just those who were there at the same time) not all day.

I really dont understand those crazy foreigners who have so much problems following the rules. Seems like a great system. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just went to the makro scanned the qr code in got refered to the thaichana site and clocked in (less then one min asked for my phone nr that was all). Then after i was done shopping i checked out with the qr code and had to do a small survey about if the staff wore masks if hand sanitizer was there ect. (took a bit more time  think 30 seconds).

So easy no problems at all no app involved just a QR code that helps logging in on a website that ONLY collects your phone nr.

This is far better then using a pen on paper and this shows how long you were in the shop so it helps for better contact tracing as now they have to alert a smaller group (just those who were there at the same time) not all day.

I really dont understand those crazy foreigners who have so much problems following the rules. Seems like a great system. 

Apart from walking into Lotus as it was a couple of months ago it really is so easy.  My wife put my name in Thai and my 10 yo Nokia phone number on a piece of paper , I show this on entry , give it to the lady who copies the name and number.  I don't touch any pen or sheets of paper just the one with ME on it.

35 minutes ago, robblok said:

Ok, but eventually this will be converted to a real time trace and track system.  You will become reliant on what others self report, so if Lek wakes up with what seems to be Covid19 symptoms and reports it on her app, then you will be wiped out the game for 2 weeks if you have been around her.