Wearing a mask on motorbike makes sense?

Mak25

9 minutes ago, Mak25 said:

Do you think wearing a mask while riding motorbike makes sense

It does for me because I do not want the girls to recognize me.

Some will call out my name, but mostly they have no clue.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RangerP703 said:

makes it hard to smoke a ciggie.

If you cut a very small slit in the mask you can suck away and it’s virtually unnoticeable when you are finished.Don’t thank me for this Invaluable advice but small donation is acceptable.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Silent Number said:

Speak for yourself. Although mine is in pristine condition still in its original package,hardly used.

Sounds very similar to your brain cells.

I wear one when on the scooter zipping around town. I find I am rarely within a meter of anyone else even when stopped at an intersection.

I carry one with me when I'm on the big bike riding around the country.  I have tried wearing one under the full face (modular) helmet and it isn't practical. It usually comes off the ears when putting the helmet on and when you lift the front of the helmet the mask gets dragged up with it requiring a lot of fidgeting to reset it. Also makes it harder to breath.

Now I just carry one in my tank pouch and when I take the helmet off I put the mask on. 

It makes sense if you are a traffic light junction waiting for the lights to turn green. There are some people who sneeze/cough and smoke at junction lights, these spread virus quite fast.

15 hours ago, Silent Number said:

If you cut a very small slit in the mask you can suck away and it’s virtually unnoticeable when you are finished.Don’t thank me for this Invaluable advice but small donation is acceptable.

Virtualy unnoticeable but the whole mask doesn't make any more sence . Wear it for your safety or just don't wear it .

17 hours ago, Mak25 said:

Do you think wearing a mask while riding motorbike makes sense?

since the mask thing i have noticed my lungs are not as ****** up with pollution after riding my 125cc hog around town.

i will be wearing a mask on all my long rides from now on.

• Like 1

I've managed to come off, fall , crash whatever, 3 times on my little scooter, twice in the village and once on my driveway when it was slopy and gravelly. Wasn't wearing either a mask or helmet once.

Have only come off my big bike once when I was pisssed and went into the back of another car. Damaged the helmet.