What are your hobbies?

Since moving to Thailand what hobbies have you taken up ?

by that i mean something that you do reguarly ?

Is anyone here into unusual hobbies....eg watching trains? bird watching? taking pics of unusual things?

i travelled with a Aussie  guy back in 2011 thru Northern Thailand,he had a most expensive camera and his pics were of.....roadside letterboxes !????

what about hobbies with Thai culture? taking up buddhism?  

Edited by georgegeorgia

8 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Is drinking a hobby ?

Certainly.

hobby ~ An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.

Provided it's 'primarily for pleasure' and not a 'regular occupation'

Personally I would include drink, good food and vigorous sex (not necessarily in that order) amongst my hobbies.

Electronics, Arduino, ESP32, etc.

Recently playing Anno 1800 on my PC.

Some time ago I build two racing drones - and since then I didn't do much with them. ????

Programming. I do that also as a job but I also do it from time to time just for fun.

• Like 1

Pre-Coronavirus: Engine Building, metal fabrication, small electronics, basic networking, DIY. 

Post-Coronavirus: Drinking, pacing, anxiety, eating too much, not eating enough, pacing some more, and the PS4/internet/arguing with people on forums. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Underwater metal detecting. Mainly waterfalls and swimming holes but did a lot of hunting on beaches in Oz whilst working there.. 

Got into it after losing my wedding ring whilst kayaking on a river near Phatalung..

Still not recovered my wedding ring, even after a couple visits back to the same place.

Have found quite a few other rings and lots more besides ????????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

As a Thavisa moderator we are not permitted to have hobbies, we are chained to the site. 

From the ultra-secret contract we signed on pain of ducks:-

“You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by Thaivisa Special Services. You'll conform to the identity we give you, eat where we tell you, live where we tell you. From now on, you'll have no identifying marks of any kind. You will not stand out in any way. Your entire image is crafted to leave no lasting memory with anyone you encounter. You're a rumour, recognisable only as dejá vu, and dismissed just as quickly. You don't exist. You were never even born. Anonymity is your name. Silence, your native tongue. You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system. Over it. Beyond it. We're 'them.' We're 'they.' We are Thaivisa moderators.”

And now I have to kill you all...

Some hobby. Founding members of the Masochists Society.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvs said:

I was told that all depends off which hole you are playing!

18 holes takes about 4 hours, more if you are behind any golf group of Asian ethnicity. Sex varies with individual stamina, but I doubt it takes 4 hours.