What are your hobbies?

Not for a while 

Slotcars.

Weekly (pre Covid) 

Running with , OK a walk a bit, The Hash, 

Tinkering with scooters. Currently have a camshaft, a variator, and aftermarket exhaust, and fuel injection controller and a open loop Lamba eliminator but no scooter.

20 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i was able to combine my two hobbies in Thailand.

photography and gynecology. 

Can you share some of your nicest pictures?My brother who is a gynegologist   says he takes very

few pictures and he has been to Thailand and told me somtam pala actually does not smell so bad.

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

I'm a shortwave radio 'ham', a hobby that seems out of place in the modern world of email, internet and mobile phones.  For me, it's an interesting technical hobby.  I was the only radio ham when I lived in Myanmar and I'm the only ham in Laos.  (Thailand has many radio hams).

Having been interested in radio since a small boy, I still find it amazing that my few watts of radio signal can travel from a few feet of antenna wire strung above my house, and through the ether to the other side of the world (and back again).  While waiting to start one of my online science lessons that I teach from home, yesterday I contacted a radio ham in Uruguay, about 17,000 Km away...  I still marvel how that is possible ????

You've doubtless seen / heard this classic

Got friends all over the world.......none here, but all over the world. ????

Oh and amongst my hobbies is collecting vintage comedy - the BBC are playing loads of it at present - 

BBC Radio4 Extra 

Edited by VBF

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

i was able to combine my two hobbies in Thailand.

photography and gynecology. 

Let's you see whether you're keeping your hand in :sorry:

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Since moving to Thailand what hobbies have you taken up ?

Hobbies I have many.

I like riding and and maintaining my 25 year old motorcycle cause there ain't anyone around where I live that I can trust to do it.

My favorite is Archery but hot weather restrict that to early morning or colder season.

Sniper shooting my B.I.L. 22 rifle on my farmland is fun I have set up targets and safety barriers at different distances.

Using my Samurai Katana Thai sword to cut bamboo poles is good exercise,  wish i had money to buy a Japanese one.

Throwing axes at trees is good exercise too and fun.

Throwing my homemade Javelin is good exercise too.

Throwing my hunting knife at a tree is good fun too.

Just into looking for a crossbow.

Can do fishing but a bit boring these retirement days I find unless there plenty of beer about to drink I guess,  drinking beer is something else you can add to my list. ????

35 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Hobbies I have many.

I like riding and and maintaining my 25 year old motorcycle cause there ain't anyone around where I live that I can trust to do it.

My favorite is Archery but hot weather restrict that to early morning or colder season.

Sniper shooting my B.I.L. 22 rifle on my farmland is fun I have set up targets and safety barriers at different distances.

Using my Samurai Katana Thai sword to cut bamboo poles is good exercise,  wish i had money to buy a Japanese one.

Throwing axes at trees is good exercise too and fun.

Throwing my homemade Javelin is good exercise too.

Throwing my hunting knife at a tree is good fun too.

Just into looking for a crossbow.

Can do fishing but a bit boring these retirement days I find unless there plenty of beer about to drink I guess,  drinking beer is something else you can add to my list. ????

I hope you don't indulge in any of those dangerous sports after you've had a few. ????

I bet you don't get any trouble from the neighbours. ????

1 hour ago, Ayemanomad said:

I hope you don't indulge in any of those dangerous sports after you've had a few. ????

I bet you don't get any trouble from the neighbours. ????

I like to ride my bike out and about and have a few beer stops.

As for the rest of my hobbies I shoot guns and do all my hobbies with a beer I couldn't give a flying fling about what the neighbours think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Golf mostly.  Some nice courses here at about 1/2 to 1/3 cost of my home country.

And, motorbike/motorcycle riding.  I wish I would have discovered my enjoyment from this when I was younger.

Really like spending an hour or two riding everyday.

Edited by bkk6060

15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Underwater metal detecting. Mainly waterfalls and swimming holes but did a lot of hunting on beaches in Oz whilst working there.. 

Got into it after losing my wedding ring whilst kayaking on a river near Phatalung..

Still not recovered my wedding ring, even after a couple visits back to the same place.

Have found quite a few other rings and lots more besides ????????

Is metal detecting legal in Thailand? I could do with finding some buried treasure. ????

17 hours ago, simon43 said:

I'm a shortwave radio 'ham', a hobby that seems out of place in the modern world of email, internet and mobile phones.  For me, it's an interesting technical hobby.  I was the only radio ham when I lived in Myanmar and I'm the only ham in Laos.  (Thailand has many radio hams).

Having been interested in radio since a small boy, I still find it amazing that my few watts of radio signal can travel from a few feet of antenna wire strung above my house, and through the ether to the other side of the world (and back again).  While waiting to start one of my online science lessons that I teach from home, yesterday I contacted a radio ham in Uruguay, about 17,000 Km away...  I still marvel how that is possible ????

My dad was a "Ham", starting in the 1950's. As a kid it was really thrilling when "QSL" cards would arrive in the mail from all corners of the earth; even Russia.  During the Vietnam war, he would be stay awake in the early AM hours to patch telephone calls from service members in Vietnam to their local families.  The worldwide network of ham radio operators was the only way  service personnel had to contact their loved ones in those pre-internet days.   I don't know if still true, but in those days, you had to pass a 5 words per minute Morse code test to get a FCC novice licence, 30 wpm for a general license.  

--... ...-- -.- .---- -.-. -. .--

20 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Hitting a long iron on the screws HAS to rank higher.  ????

While I appreciate what you are saying, and am familiar with Lee Trevino's aphorism, technically irons have never had screws. Since the advent of the metal wood, there are no composite inserts held in by screws either. Perhaps you are even older than I am.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Doesn't that depend on the caddy?

akKjjfdI5XYqHlgj21QS-HXc0Uzpwyl0wlc83yiJ

First caddie I've seen here with a skirt, they all wear slacks.

When I played in Chiang Mai, I had a regular caddie with a very cute butt. Added to the enjoyment of the round each time she bent over with the ball to set a preferred lie.

Sadly, in Chiang Rai I have yet to find a caddie who has a butt worth watching.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

First caddie I've seen here with a skirt, they all wear slacks.

When I played in Chiang Mai, I had a regular caddie with a very cute butt. Added to the enjoyment of the round each time she bent over with the ball to set a preferred lie.

Sadly, in Chiang Rai I have yet to find a caddie who has a butt worth watching.

Maybe train your favorite bar-girl. You can even buy her a skirt according to your taste.

955978151350d4e0b173871cf35fb7b5.jpg

On 5/24/2020 at 8:12 AM, Yankeesvsredsox said:

gardening,playing guitar and baking(post covid)

Same 3 plus reading in the evening. Recently got myself a Telecaster Copy as a break from my electric acoustics. Real nice it is too , especially since I put on some brass bridge saddles. As for the gardening , still working on our rockery/ drainage channel

P_20200323_122150.jpg