Best in your life?

2 is 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

God didn't seem to have a problem impregnating Joseph's wife.

They weren't married at the time.  If they'd have been married a few months earlier, it would have been Joseph's child, not one of God's children.  Sadly, we don't treat God's other children the same way.

On 6/6/2020 at 5:15 PM, fredwiggy said:

Marriage is and always will be two people coming together for a permanent relationship. If you don't believe in marriage, you stay single. If you don't want to take care of children, don't have any. Wear a condom if you must have sex, and don't complain when you get someone pregnant but help to raise the child. It's very simple.

IMO these days marriage is BS, but that's my opinion and I'll stick by it. Many live together and there is no longer a stigma for being a product of unmarried parents.

Around half of western marriages fail.

I didn't have any children and I did wear a condom.

Any other advice to give me?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO these days marriage is BS, but that's my opinion and I'll stick by it. Many live together and there is no longer a stigma for being a product of unmarried parents.

Around half of western marriages fail.

I didn't have any children and I did wear a condom.

Any other advice to give me?

Wasn't advice to you but to those who don't look at it as a permanent thing, and children are to be raised and not forgotten. Marriage can be a pain in the <deleted> yes, but security isn't a bad thing. Unmarried parents isn't the worse thing. It's when they stop working as a team and are selfish. The problem with things not having a stigma attached and accepted is the wrath they bring on future generations. Thailand has the worse reputation on earth for parents leaving kids with grandma to raise. It isn't their job. The kids see that no one cares and take that out on others.

57 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

but security isn't a bad thing.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Ben wasn't talking about marriage, but it still works.

57 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Thailand has the worse reputation on earth for parents leaving kids with grandma to raise. It isn't their job. 

Historically (100 years back), it was always the grandparents job to care for the children while the parents were out working in the fields.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Ben wasn't talking about marriage, but it still works.

Historically (100 years back), it was always the grandparents job to care for the children while the parents were out working in the fields.

It's never the grandparents job to take care of your kids. You have the children, you raise them, they aren't a commodity, but little humans, and it's the parents job to raise them in the best manner they can. The grandparents already had their turn. It's their turn to enjoy retirement, and to see the kids as an extended family, and to help the parents if they need time alone for a few hours. Not to leave them full time while they seek employment in other cities and see their kids a few times a year. A lot of the grandparents, especially here, are illiterate and don't have the patience or skills to teach the children what they need, and it isn't the schools job either. A lot here have kids just so they can have help on the farm, and let them fend for themselves at an early age. In the United States, in 2014, 6% of children were being raised by a grandparent, while it was 23% here, and probably over 28% by now. In China in 2017, it was 60 million. These are the only legitimate reasons for them to take over..................

• Parent has an addiction or difficulties with alcohol or drugs
  • Parent has mental health challenges or emotional problems
  • Child neglect, abandonment or abuse
  • Parent is in jail
  • Youth or inexperience of parents (teen pregnancy, etc.)
  • Physical health issues or death of parent
  • Unstable home life, homelessness
  • Lack of financial resources, lack of general ability
  • Domestic violence in the home, divorce, other family challenges
  • Military deployment.............................Otherwise it's the parents job. If you don't want to raise your kids, use a condom..................https://www.globalhealthnow.org/2017-11/thailands-left-behind-children
Edited by fredwiggy

Just now, pineapple01 said:

Who do You think raised the Grand Parents, and Great Great before them. Look at how the Western way has produced those Moronic Red Offsprings protesting over the weekend.????

The parents of the children raised them. That's why they are called parents. And protesting is always a good thing. It's how things are changed that aren't going the right way. Some choose to use it as an excuse to steal and destroy. That was them before the ignorant mob mentality set them off.

Edited by fredwiggy

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

The parents of the children raised them. That's why they are called parents. And protesting is always a good thing. It's how things are changed that aren't going the right way. Some choose to use it as an excuse to steal and destroy. That was them before the ignorant mob mentality set them off.

The Nanny State raised em mainly. How many Parents apply for Home Education Rights these Days,.?

Just now, pineapple01 said:

The Nanny State raised em mainly. How many Parents apply for Home Education Rights these Days,.?

This is the reason the world has so many problems. It starts with the breakdown of the family. Girls without dads end up pregnant at an early age and the boys end up doing what they see, having children with many girls and not being held responsible (here especially) Nanny aren't parents either. This happens everywhere as a lot of two parent families have both parents working. They have a kid, then are back to work in less than a year, leaving the kids with whoever. Taking at least 5 years before the child goes to school is the better way. A child learns more about life from birth to age three than any time after. Trust ,love, protection, speech, motor skills and more are learned at this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

A lot of the grandparents, especially here, are illiterate and don't have the patience or skills to teach the children what they need, and it isn't the schools job either.

What an odd idea, of course it's the school's job to teach children.

As for grandparents raising children, I have two (one mine, one acquired) and am the right age to be their grandfather.

My step-daughter has a dad in jail, and a mother that abandoned her when she was 3 months old, she's never seen dad, lovely girl age 22 now, been with me 11 years, no boyfriends yet, in her last year at Chiang Mai University.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As for grandparents raising children, I have two (one mine, on acquired) and am the right age to be their grandfather.

My step-daughter has a dad in jail, and a mother that abandoned her when she was 3 months old, she's never seen dad, lovely girl age 22 now, been with me 11 years, no boyfriends yet, in her last year at Chiang Mai University.

Just want to say that I prefer your soft spot postings, over your usual bravado ones.

I also like your often brutal honesty.

Cheers!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

As for grandparents raising children, I have two (one mine, one acquired) and am the right age to be their grandfather.

Yes, it's the schools job to teach but the children are put in there too early here. School should start at 5 and not 3. Those two reasons you gave for the children you have are legitimate. If the parents can't do their job, someone has to. It's when the parents are there, not in jail or mentally ill, on drugs or incapable, then it's their job.

On 6/8/2020 at 2:52 PM, fredwiggy said:

It's never the grandparents job to take care of your kids. You have the children, you raise them, they aren't a commodity, but little humans, and it's the parents job to raise them in the best manner they can. The grandparents already had their turn. It's their turn to enjoy retirement, and to see the kids as an extended family, and to help the parents if they need time alone for a few hours. Not to leave them full time while they seek employment in other cities and see their kids a few times a year. A lot of the grandparents, especially here, are illiterate and don't have the patience or skills to teach the children what they need, and it isn't the schools job either. A lot here have kids just so they can have help on the farm, and let them fend for themselves at an early age. In the United States, in 2014, 6% of children were being raised by a grandparent, while it was 23% here, and probably over 28% by now. In China in 2017, it was 60 million. These are the only legitimate reasons for them to take over..................

• Parent has an addiction or difficulties with alcohol or drugs
  • Parent has mental health challenges or emotional problems
  • Child neglect, abandonment or abuse
  • Parent is in jail
  • Youth or inexperience of parents (teen pregnancy, etc.)
  • Physical health issues or death of parent
  • Unstable home life, homelessness
  • Lack of financial resources, lack of general ability
  • Domestic violence in the home, divorce, other family challenges
  • Military deployment.............................Otherwise it's the parents job. If you don't want to raise your kids, use a condom..................https://www.globalhealthnow.org/2017-11/thailands-left-behind-children

Do you even live in Thailand? You apparently have no idea of how poor Thais live.

The US has ZERO to do with how Thais live.

• Like 1