Best in your life?

2 is 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

A lot of men get left alone to look back on a lack of love and no sex from the woman they married. At least when one pays for it one actually get sex. Husbands still pay and pay and pay, but only get sex when she wants it.

You always pay, but a good wife knows when you want it, and even if she's not really in the mood, you'll get it. I haven't had that problem yet. It's usually mutual and anytime I want it. We know each other well, and know when it's time. That makes it both rewarding and without regret. If you do the little things a woman likes, you'll get it more. Unless she's just selfish, greedy and only looks at you as money, as some do.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I can believe it, Asian women can stave of the effects of ageing much longer. Then it happens all at once.

You're of course right that the older a man gets the less important things like sex or looks become. I know someone who was a musician and because of work had endless opportunity to have sex. He could never remain faithful. It was well known that  he'd cheat on every woman. After about 73 he stayed with a woman and didn't stray anymore.  Many very old men will compromise on looks and sex, because they just won't matter anymore to the same extent.

I suppose they figure that at 73 they couldn't start over with someone else anymore anyway. It's usually a sad spectacle as the much younger 50 year old woman will take control of finances, live her own life and treat that man more like an uncle than a husband.

Nobody wants to reject a woman. After all the time and money you put into any relationship inevitably, and the hurt it would cause her. However, if she refuses sexual demands and does not take care of you sexually, sadly I think it has to be done.

Sounds like Gordon Lightfoot, if you know him. He cheated on most everyone, and finally when he got older, grew up and now is with the same one faithfully, as far as we know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Beta male move?  lol  I guess you really don't understand what a woman's for. It's not a raw deal if you're man enough to help your other half. Women are not sex and household slaves. This isn't the Middle east (in some places) or caveman times. Being a man means you protect your wife and family from harm. That's the alpha part. Helping around the house to make her life easier isn't subordinate but right. What you and a few others do here, buying companionship, will leave you all alone someday, with nothing to look back on but paid "love". It's in everyone's genes to want more, but a mature person will be happy with what they have, as long as it isn't hurting or using them in some manner.

Here you go moralising again....

OK I am not buying any companionship or anything mate. I was last in BKK for a few weeks before heading back home and didn't pay for any of it. I am happy living in solitude, keeping all of my money and don't need a woman to "complete me", much less a Thai lady ! I guess when I am in my 50s I might look for someone to live with but I won't be getting married again and will be prepared to walk at any time. It's more important they respect you rather than love you. Love is all b/s anyway, esp as we all get older. I sure as hell won't be lifting a finger if I am paying for everything, I can tell you that right now. Domestic chores won't make Thais happy so what's the point? They only want two things: money or gold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PaulieAUS said:

Here you go moralising again....

OK I am not buying any companionship or anything mate. I was last in BKK for a few weeks before heading back home and didn't pay for any of it. I am happy living in solitude, keeping all of my money and don't need a woman to "complete me", much less a Thai lady ! I guess when I am in my 50s I might look for someone to live with but I won't be getting married again and will be prepared to walk at any time. It's more important they respect you rather than love you. Love is all b/s anyway, esp as we all get older. I sure as hell won't be lifting a finger if I am paying for everything, I can tell you that right now. Domestic chores won't make Thais happy so what's the point? They only want two things: money or gold.

There you go, generalizing again. Yes, I'm moral, and became that way over my life out of respect for women. Women have done a number on me a few times, and now they are paying the price. Domestic chores don't make anyone "happy" but they have to be done, and when you share duties, it makes both happier. Neither a husband or a wife is a slave, at least not in a civilized country. All women, and men, like money, and some gold. That's human, wanting more, but maturity means accepting things and being happy because a lot of people have nothing. If you must have someone do all the chores, get a maid. If you want companionship get a wife. You can have both too, if you have enough money. But a lazy woman isn't a good companion either. People get a good feeling knowing they are helping their families. Some aren't made for marriage, and definitely should stay single, as children and a wife (husband) are work. But that's why we're here in the first place.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I know you're awake now. What I meant is that women deteriorate strongly in looks so if you wake up in ten years and look to your right I hope the sight you see will not put  you off completely.

My problem is that I need to have a very attractive woman, but attractive women will become unattractive from age 40 generally. I can't even imagine waking up next to a 50 year old woman, that would be a total nightmare.

Fully in agreeance but change age 40 to 34. I've identified that 34 is the tipping point where their market value is close to zero. For Thai women it peaks at 21, slowly declines to 27, 28, 29 and by 30 falls precipitously and by 34 they are washed up and no Thai man wants them which is why most of the ones in their 30s take English classes in the hope of securing a farang donor ($ and sperm). 

I am almost 40 and the thought of a being in a relationship with a woman over 34 scares the living daylights of out of me right now. I don't find any of them sexually attractive. It could be a problem for me as I age and I'll have to deal with it there and then.

The notion of waking up to someone over 40, over 50...geez over 60, I don't know if I could stomach that. What does it feel like to touch a woman in her 40s? I don't ever wish to find out

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish. LOS started going down when Thaksin became PM, IMO.

Other than the immigration things haven't changed much far as living in LOS is concerned ( I'm leaving the bar scene out of it as that has changed a lot, but too complicated to get into in this post ).

If there's a problem with the exchange rate, blame your own country for that, not LOS.

Rubbish. Thaksin was the best PM Thailand ever had. Things haven't changed? laughable! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I had to have an operation back when my wife still would do anything for me. Just a routine op, but not exactly taking out tonsils either. Anyway, I had to stay in hospital. My wife, to her great credit decided to sleep over in hospital with me to take care of me. She was a great help. Then I realised on the day of the operation I could die. I had to face the possibility of death. My wife being there didn't help me at all. Her presence gave me no consolation in that regard. Then I realised, we are all alone when we die. No matter if a woman is by your side. You die alone.

I don't care about dying alone. I care about living alone. People don't die alone in hospital- I was with a few when they passed. People die alone when they live alone and no one cares about them. Some are dead for a long time before they are found

BTW, we can die any day of a thousand different causes. We should all live as if each day was our last. Something I failed to do, sadly. I was bored a lot, but entirely self inflicted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

BTW, women are quite capable of taking care of 2 kids. If she couldn't you should have stepped in and created some rules for them to live by, then made sure they lived by them. Kids need limits or they grow up ratbags like my Thai nephews.

She took good care of the kids but of course this was at the expensive of taking care of the house. And at her expense, she became exhausted. Not exactly useless in the bedroom, but much less interesting.

I tried to step in and put rules in place, about washing, cleanliness. But the woman was just exhausted. You can't press juice out of a stone.

You're of course absolutely right that kids need rules and limits. The kids were not the problem though. It was how she changed. She also tried to set rules for the kids and this made her more assertive. It awoke the inner boss. I soon realised myself how she'd make demands of me.

I think that's a general thing as people get older though. They become more selfish.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't care about dying alone. I care about living alone. People don't die alone in hospital- I was with a few when they passed. People die alone when they live alone and no one cares about them. Some are dead for a long time before they are found

BTW, we can die any day of a thousand different causes. We should all live as if each day was our last. Something I failed to do, sadly. I was bored a lot, but entirely self inflicted.

I agree with you actually. If codependency is your thing then 'don't be alone' grasp that lurv... lol.  Some of us are emotionally stable and mature and don't need that clinging gig  ???? 

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I think that's a general thing as people get older though. They become more selfish.

I disagree. I think as people get older they see more clearly how the world is, compared to how it should be. One can't buy love or genuine companionship, so some appear to become more selfish.

BTW, I see lots of young selfish people around.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulieAUS said:

Fully in agreeance but change age 40 to 34. I've identified that 34 is the tipping point where their market value is close to zero. For Thai women it peaks at 21, slowly declines to 27, 28, 29 and by 30 falls precipitously and by 34 they are washed up and no Thai man wants them which is why most of the ones in their 30s take English classes in the hope of securing a farang donor ($ and sperm). 

I am almost 40 and the thought of a being in a relationship with a woman over 34 scares the living daylights of out of me right now. I don't find any of them sexually attractive. It could be a problem for me as I age and I'll have to deal with it there and then.

The notion of waking up to someone over 40, over 50...geez over 60, I don't know if I could stomach that. What does it feel like to touch a woman in her 40s? I don't ever wish to find out

Remember they think the same about you. No woman peaks at 21. They're still almost a teenager then. I met my wife when she was 35 and she was as beautiful then as she is now. I'm, not hardly the only one that sees this. I look back at all my friends I graduated with, and I have the best looking wife by far. No Thai men wants an older woman usually because she''s had children by Thai men before, and is considered tainted. This was the Thai man's fault, having sex with girls they had no intention of staying with. This is one reason they look to falangs. We're less likely to cheat, and can provide better for them and the kids. If a woman takes good care of herself, she can have the looks and body of a 20yr old, very easily. Most women, and men, don't take care of themselves, and that's the reason you say this. When you are 50, and if you haven't taken care of yourself, you won't be attractive to anyone besides what money you can give them. This isn't an age thing. I'm from America, where 65% of people are obese, and that includes millions of teens and 20's people. Women and men here are leaner because of diet and income, a lot working on the farm all their lives and eating light. But time catches up to everyone, including you. I looked like Rambo at 50, and now at 63, I'm still lean and muscular, but not Rambo anymore, and I've worked out 3-4 times a week for 46 years. You'll change your tune someday when you can't find younger women that are attracted to you, unless like some, you buy them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Sounds like Gordon Lightfoot, if you know him. He cheated on most everyone, and finally when he got older, grew up and now is with the same one faithfully, as far as we know.

So funny... he's 81! Everyone's libido drops off and companionship does become more important, that is true. But if you are young and free have fun!  there will be many years, later, when your interested in sex just dies off. Find someone nearer that time (65 up).

9 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

So that's why your so grumpy you're not getting much  lol

Not getting any at all actually. Women of an age that I'd want next to me don't go for old men here. Not being wealthy, famous or powerful doesn't help.

BTW I'm happier on my own than when I was with the hag from hell. Some things are worse than being lonely.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

we ALL pay, one way or another.

Ask Paul McCartney if his last wife loved him for himself. She certainly seemed like a classic gold digger when it came down to it. If he divided the amount she got out of him by the number of times they had sex, I think monging in Pattaya would be several times cheaper.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, PaulieAUS said:

It generally goes downhill around 30, but yes, at 34 it is noticeable. I said 40 because by that time there is no doubt.

Around age 34 of course at the very latest a normal woman will demand children or already have several children. And from then on, physically, it's a dramatic deterioration which even exercise, diet, cosmetics and surgery can not really hide.

Even a woman who takes care of diet and exercise at age 40 will no longer be as attractive as she was in her early 20s.

I woke up next to a woman in her 40s. The touch wasn't that bad, but you could clearly not compare it to a silky 25 year old. Much worse was the attitude which she developed as she got older.  My concern would be when they hit 50 or 55. I've seen pictures of Brigitte Bardot at 20 and at 55. I don't know if I could wake up next to a 50 year old woman.

The younger the woman is, the better it is in my view.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

If a woman takes good care of herself, she can have the looks and body of a 20yr old, very easily. 

My wife took very good care of herself, ate right, exercised, she was slim, many complimented her on her looks, she even had surgery. 

However I knew. I knew what she was like at 20. At 40 she was in good shape, but she was not like when she was 20. There was a world of difference.

So I don't think it's true that a woman can easily have the body and look of a 20 year old when she is 40. I don't think that's the case.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Reading these posts makes me realize again how lucky I am.

My thai girlfriend was 30 when we met, and she is 50 now but you would never give her that.

And she is way more attractive in all respects - both looks and cheerful attitude - than the majority of western 20-year olds.  Loving, caring, unselfish, as well as doing all the household chores with a smile.  And a tiger in bed in case you wonder.

I sometimes forget how blessed being with her, so these posts are a useful reminder that not everybody is so lucky.  Carpe diem!

A cheerful attitude is perhaps the most important thing in a woman.

No use if she's attractive but depressive and unpleasant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ask Paul McCartney if his last wife loved him for himself. She certainly seemed like a classic gold digger when it came down to it. If he divided the amount she got out of him by the number of times they had sex, I think monging in Pattaya would be several times cheaper.

And you could probably find one with two legs.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No use if she's attractive but depressive and unpleasant.

That describes almost every woman in the world aged over 45.

Not my experience, as I know many women over 45 that bring sunshine wherever they are.

But I do agree that it seems there are more sour old women than grumpy old men.

• Thanks 1