Harvey Australian Beef... gone?

It happens all the time,you find something good,it sells well,you

want to buy more and it never returns,in the past some food items

you would never see for months,so you had to do without or look

for an alternative,it's a lot better now.

It might have something to do with the Covid 19 ,most things do

today,it might come back in stock,.......or not.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 12:07 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Harvey is still here...he has no beef with  anyone!

So I guess the question is how to find it?  Especially Striploin and rib eye.  The price of 370 per kg is quite good.

13 minutes ago, GoDucks said:

So I guess the question is how to find it?  Especially Striploin and rib eye.  The price of 370 per kg is quite good.

There are outbreaks of Covid in Australian abattoirs so likely cause of slow down in supply

• 10 months later...

Bought some from my local Makro this week. Let me say for Aussie export beef it was disgraceful. It wouldn't even sell at the local butcher in Oz it was that bad. Only good to be fed to the dogs. It was tough, sinewy and not pleasant eating at all. I've eaten water buffalo here that was better quality meat.

10 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Bought some from my local Makro this week. Let me say for Aussie export beef it was disgraceful. It wouldn't even sell at the local butcher in Oz it was that bad. Only good to be fed to the dogs. It was tough, sinewy and not pleasant eating at all. I've eaten water buffalo here that was better quality meat.

Its fine if you throw it in the slow cooker and add some veggies like carrots, celery, onion and small potatoes.  Comes out very tender.

On 4/3/2021 at 4:19 AM, TigerandDog said:

This is the usual experience with Harvey beef. I buy a piece every few months to see if anything has changed, and regret it every time.

3 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

This is the usual experience with Harvey beef. I buy a piece every few months to see if anything has changed, and regret it every time.

Then you have never tried the Thai-grown options.  Personally I just get their ribeye...

I've had some very good cuts of Thai-French beef, the key is to go to one of their stocking stores where you can pick the exact pieces you want. Some pieces look awful, but others look fantastic. Based on my experience so far, I'd take an average piece of Thai-French over a Harvey every time.

On 4/3/2021 at 6:19 PM, TigerandDog said:

That was my experience a while ago. Seemed like the animal before slaughter was being fed on steriods as it was tough as old boots. Mind you wouldn't say "only good to be fed to the dogs" as I reserve that label for Thai beef. 

I was going to buy a lump of Harveys filet, until having a close

look at it, not very well presented ,looks like a lot of waste on it,

at at 600 + Thb a kilo, expensive, compared to Expatfoods in

Pattaya were selling NZ filet for 357 Thb Kilo, and looked trimmed.

They had some packets of cut up harveys filet,so bought some

to try,it was tough for filet steak.

Regards Worgeordie