Ten new normal behaviors of Thai people – Suan Dusit Poll

webfact

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

What marvelous detailed statistics!

I very much doubt that 71.05% of the population of have ever been in a mall!

Wrong more than 71.05% of the population have been in a mall, because have air-con in a mall and taking selfies.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Worshipping at places which are clean, not congested and on special occasions only                                    46.43%

If by special occasions, they mean Buddha days, they should realise that those are the days NOT to go to the temple! 46.43% of the population will be going on those days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

What nonsense, since the problems with the virus started, our local temple/ villagers have been going, crowding into the temple, just the same as always.

Masks/ social distancing, dont make me laugh.

Strangely enough, our area, which has the highest concentration of temples in Thailand, has seen it very quiet at all the temples. It seems that the Monks are keeping the public out almost completely, after morning prayers are over. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Another useless poll.

And absolutely NO social distancing in the article picture !

As we saw in the recent post of a typical Bangkok street full of Thais... 

• Confused 1

The issue i have with the social distancing is leaving a 1 or 2 metre social distancing gap as requested allows thai's to queue jump, happened yesterday in a Macdonalds and the  staff started to take her order when they clearly saw her jump the Q, i soon put pay to that, some are rude some are stupid but the server should have put her to the back of the Q.

If the photo in the OP is the 'Thai Shopping Mall' experience, the I can add - never going to a shopping mall to my list of temporary behaviours. I dislike queing at the best of times, but queuing to get on an escalator - @#45!!& Nah not happening. 

btw - new normal, this is not normal, this is abnormal and baseless fear mongering. I do not fear being in contact with my fellow human beings, despite the range of unusual and communicable diseases we are all able to give one another.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The 10 new normal behaviors of Thai people are as follows:

• Safe tourism destinations and travel                                                                                                                          71.05%
  • Shopping at malls only if necessary and with caution                                                                                             61.18%
  • Self-protection when on public transport by rising earlier and carrying sanitizer gel                                         59.68%
  • Attend gatherings only when necessary and with greater caution                                                                        59.40%
  • Self-protection by wearing face masks, washing hands and avoiding congested places                                 56.39%
  • Choose food which is clean, safe and healthy                                                                                                           47.27%
  • Worshipping at places which are clean, not congested and on special occasions only                                    46.43%
  • Exercising regularly, eating healthy food and seeing a doctor                                                                                45.39%
  • Choose clean and freshly-cooked food                                                                                                                       45.11%
  • Emphasis on safe workplaces and working hard                                                                                                      42.39%

Looking at the percentages it's less than half for half the dot points. So five out of 10 cannot be 'new normal' (please, please, please stop it) because I would think if it's less than half it can't be normal. 

E.g. I eat breakfast six days a week. I can say I normally eat breakfast. I eat breakfast two or three days a week I cannot say I normally eat breakfast. Of course the flaw in my post is I'm employing logic. TIT.

1 hour ago, bodga said:

Machete  preferred  choice I  believe?

It's hard to get an assault rifle In Thailand. Crikey,  around here I  would have to walk 2 houses down to borrow one.  And the cost of ammo is....ridiculous in the extreme!