Are Borders open for Land Visa Run ? (Mae Sai)

Has anyone done a visa run on land recently? Or know if we can. I usually do a land visa run at Mae Sai, holding a Non-Imm ) multiple entry visa, so every exit and rentry I get 90 days more, with the whole covid situation last one I just got an extension (60 days) from immigration, so not sure if I can do two extentions, and Im really just wanting to do the easier boarder run for the extra 30 days of not worrying about it. Not sure if the borders are open though, and would hate to do the crossing and then being stuck in Burma and not allowed back into Thailand ???? Anyone with any experience of the situation of boarder runs, especially Mae Sai , would appreciate any info. Cheers

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

With the amnesty why would you need to ?

Dont you need letters from consulates for this? Im in Chiang Mai and Australian consulate is in BKK, so theres a lot of time and costs to go down the amnesty avenue for me.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, ChipButty said:

Go into your local immigration office see what they need would be the first port of call

Yeah I was hoping to avoid another immigration visit, takes a lot of time here, queues are horrible and answers differ depending on who you talk too, thats why for me its so easy to do the visa runs, just bus ride then in and out and another 90 days with no documents needed, its very easy, the immigration extention gives me less time and requires a lot more documentation. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

As of now you don't have to do anything, there is an amnesty until the 31st July, and that could be extended....

Would be great if this is the case, but we all know how Thailand is, could go there on the 31st July and they say 'you overstayed by 2 months) you owe 50k baht... 

• Sad 2

As others have said, I do exactly the same as you and have the same visa BUT there is an amnesty until 31st July. You don't need to do anything.

All land borders are closed.

Just chill until the 31st July, at the earliest. At that time, borders may or may not be open which would dictate whether or not to go to Tachilek.

8 hours ago, wisemonkey said:

Would be great if this is the case, but we all know how Thailand is, could go there on the 31st July and they say 'you overstayed by 2 months) you owe 50k baht... 

You may be monkey, but maybe you should drop the wise. ???? Do a google search toward the middle of July to find out about the Thai borders (or if you must, ask here again). Don't wait until the last week of July, the borders will be packed if they are open. (go on the forum website and read a couple of weeks of postings. many answers there)

14 hours ago, wisemonkey said:

Dont you need letters from consulates for this? Im in Chiang Mai and Australian consulate is in BKK, so theres a lot of time and costs to go down the amnesty avenue for me.

You never read news online? There are no embassy letters anymore.

How can you not know about the amnesty and that every border crossing has been closed for weeks? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CharlieH said:

With the amnesty why would you need to ?

If all this is so easy to do automatically...maybe they could just do it automatically all the time.

771126905_IMMAMNESTY2.jpg.0f462aeeb66d670bc6f60063c60838b4.jpg

Edited by Hayduke
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

If all this is so easy to do automatically...maybe they could just do it automatically all the time.

771126905_IMMAMNESTY2.jpg.0f462aeeb66d670bc6f60063c60838b4.jpg

do you see the part of the picture where there is money with a line through it ? ???? you have your answer.

all of the visa processes here bring in big bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

My visa going to expire june 16, so it would actually be better for me to do a visa run before this date because I would get 3 months from june which puts me well after july 31. But if boarders are closed guess dont really have a choice :S