Smokers beware: You'll be fined 5,000 baht if caught lighting up in bus stations and markets nationwide

webfact

35 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I will probably be criticised for saying this by some smokers here but smoking helps to spread the virus faster as the smoke carries it away.

The truth is that I can smell cigar smoke 2 to 3 meters away. That's how far it can travel.

I hadn't realised that smoke helps to transmit Covid?

I was just about to ask, as I couldn't reconcile the two - even as a non-smoker.

• Like 1

And if you smoke weed C V's got no chance .. It'll be too whacked to be bothered leaving ..

There does appear to evidence that some people who smoke aren't catching it .. but the jeopardy is that it is much worse for a chuffer if they do fall to it ..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Is interprovincial travel allowed yet?

Yes, since May 18 to select destinations. By private car or motorcycle, never been officially banned, but some provinces/regions have had restrictions in place.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I was just about to ask, as I couldn't reconcile the two - even as a non-smoker.

If Covid can travel via the droplets of water when someone sneeze or cough, do you think that virus won't stick onto smoke particles as well?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, EricTh said:
2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

If Covid can travel via the droplets of water when someone sneeze or cough, do you think that virus won't stick onto smoke particles as well?

I have absolutely no idea if Covid can stick to smoke the same as droplets of water, not being up on this subject. Hence my question.

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I have absolutely no idea if Covid can stick to smoke the same as droplets of water, not being up on this subject. Hence my question.

Let me quote from this website.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-19-smoking-vaping#2

Can Secondhand Smoke Spread the Coronavirus to Others?

Early studies have found that the coronavirus can attach to particles in secondhand smoke and secondhand aerosols from e-cigarettes. This may make it spread farther in smokers’ homes. These particles with the virus can also linger in dust and on surfaces for days.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I'm here.

Smoking:  Probably the most disgusting legal addiction in the world. 

Tobacco kills an estimated 8 million people in the world each year and puts a tremendous drain on our health care systems.

It should be banned permanently worldwide for the betterment of the health of our society.

You should get things of your chest, stop beating about the bush, and say what you really mean!

I agree with you 100%, just hope they extend it to bar and restaurants when they fully open.

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

download (1).jpg

Edited 3 hours ago by redwood1

That is not an advert condoning smoking, if you bothered to read what you posted you'd see that it's an article taken from a dairy industry publication (The Bullvine, in a huge banner on the left) pointing out how dangerous smoking turned out to be and how attitudes from the time apply to the dairy industry (the article header that you posted actually says "And other facts dairy breeders need to know".

http://www.thebullvine.com/genomics/smoking-is-good-for-you/

3 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I thought I read the other day that c19 doesn't like smoke. Or was it smokers are safer from C19 ?

Just to stir up a hornet's nest, from French data: "It found that of those admitted to hospital, whose median age was 65, only 4.4% were regular smokers. Among those released home, with a median age of 44, 5.3% smoked." Nasty little virus can't make it through the tar. Something like undercoating a car I reckon. Here's a link to full article: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/22/french-study-suggests-smokers-at-lower-risk-of-getting-coronavirus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I'm here.

Smoking:  Probably the most disgusting legal addiction in the world. 

Tobacco kills an estimated 8 million people in the world each year and puts a tremendous drain on our health care systems.

It should be banned permanently worldwide for the betterment of the health of our society.

Whilst I agree with you as a life long smoker stopped 7 years ago and now realize how filthy and smelly it is, people have the right to choose but not do this in public

• Like 1

5 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I thought I read the other day that c19 doesn't like smoke. Or was it smokers are safer from C19 ?

Correct, they are safer as most people dont want to go near them when tabbing up.

• Like 1