Hua Hin springs back to life after lockdown regulations eased

webfact

Hua Hin springs back to life after lockdown regulations eased

5pm.jpg

The popular holiday resort of Hua Hin is busy again, said the Thai media, and even the horses are returning to the sands.

The vetinerary department of the Prachuap Khirikhan provincial administration will allow horses on the beach again from this coming Friday.

Spring News reported that since hotels, restaurants and shops were allowed to open on May 18th there have been many Thai and foreign tourists going out and visiting Hua Hin once again.

A Thaivisa reporter on the ground said that the Market Village and Bluport shopping centers were noticeably busier following lockdown and The Marriott Hotel, one of few that has reopened, was packed.

Traffic in the town was also noticeably greater at the weekend.

Source: Spring News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-25

• Haha 1

Maybe Prayut hasn't heard that some people are enjoying themselves in Hua Hin....  when he hears wait for crackdown.   No one allowed on the beach from 6am to 6pm. Curfew from 6pm to 6am.

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes I can confirm this.

instead of the usual graphic saying "You have had sex with everyone on Tinder" I am seeing new faces now in Hua Hin.

I've used Tinder in Hua Hin, that would have happened on day 2 of lockdown. What have you been doing since?

Wait.....dont answer that one.

11 hours ago, darrendsd said:

This a a load of <deleted> - many hotels and restaurants have not bothered re opening

Plenty of For Sale or For Rent signs on closed buildings

The hotels were already experiencing very low occupancy rates even during this past peak season, long before Covid was an issue. And now? This will devastate the entire tourism industry. A total reset. 

• Like 1

Personally, it's the fact that these horses are ridden from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m., every day and under the dodger (scorching sun) that bothers me.
And although they have "water" relays along the beach, I prefer to see them grazing in the fields.
However, if I observe the horses very close to my home, they have very few shelters.

14 hours ago, Deli said:

One country, 2 systems: Phuket locked up, HH and surroundings free and easy.

The US has thousands of "systems" - federal, state, county, and city.

The politics of COVID has created an endless supply of demagogues  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...