pattaya now loosing out to Hua Hin

smedly

On 6/20/2020 at 5:33 AM, BigStar said:

True. Lots of our members pontificate about Pattaya based on their little holiday in a fleabag hotel around Soi Buakhao. If you really know the Pattaya area you know there's an astonishing amount of money concentrated here, penthouses to mansions to malls.

Pattaya's had nothing to fear from Hua Hin and never will. Domestic tourism is really picking back up now. And EEC is coming. ????

Domestic tourism is picking back up ? were is this happening ???? & yes i do agree about the wealth there out of site from the main strips but a hell lot more poverty !!!

3 hours ago, Silent Tiger said:

Domestic tourism is picking back up ? were is this happening ???? & yes i do agree about the wealth there out of site from the main strips but a hell lot more poverty !!!

Just woke up, eh? Go read the posts about Jomtien this weekend. Also traffic & pedestrians on Beach Rd., Thai restos, 7/11s, and the malls, notably T21. Very much generally around now as they weren't previously.

7 hours ago, champers said:

Pattaya was very busy this weekend, even some jetskis and banana boats were in action. I suspect most were day trippers from Bangkok but I can see people coming for a long weekend from other parts of the country as well as Bangkok.

Poverty in Hua Hin too and throughout Thailand--if you look. Goes w/o saying, really.

Edited by BigStar

On 6/20/2020 at 12:33 AM, BigStar said:

If you really know the Pattaya area you know there's an astonishing amount of money concentrated here, penthouses to mansions to malls.

That's right. But I believe the amount (and proportion) of businesses heavily dependent on inbound tourism is significantly larger in Pattaya than in Hua Hin. Sure Pattaya will still be way busier than HH but in comparison to the past it will suffer more as well.

9 hours ago, XGM said:

That's right. But I believe the amount (and proportion) of businesses heavily dependent on inbound tourism is significantly larger in Pattaya than in Hua Hin. Sure Pattaya will still be way busier than HH but in comparison to the past it will suffer more as well.

Some sectors, no doubt, but you're also helping refute the nonsense Pattaya is "loosing" out to HH.

15 hours ago, Silent Tiger said:

It really takes away the beauty of owning a beautiful home when there is so much poverty , slums nearby. In the west rich people don't build near ghettos. 

4 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

It really takes away the beauty of owning a beautiful home when there is so much poverty , slums nearby. In the west rich people don't build near ghettos. 

But then you compare the prices of homes, you accept the culture, and ah! the beauty returns in force. Big difference in the dangers posed by typical Thai poverty vs. Western ghetto poverty.