Buyng or selling used furniture near Pattaya

bronzedude

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Collingbourne auctions?

They really suck! Bought from there once. Overpriced auction & insanely high reserve. I wouldn't suggest this place unless you are desperate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beardog said:

They really suck! Bought from there once. Overpriced auction & insanely high reserve. I wouldn't suggest this place unless you are desperate.

And anything decent with no or a low reserve price is often sold before it can even get to auction.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Beardog said:

Can't argue with that, have experience of it, only good if you locate a must have item, and you can have a word and make an offer. There are other second hand type shops dotted around town that sell old Japanese furniture and toys and stuff that must come in in a container or something. One on Sukhumvit, sea side  next to Por Pramung restaurant, just before Hwy 36 junction heading North, another on Hwy 36 heading SE next to Banglamung Soi  43, before the Shell Station. These shops seem to come and go a lot. 

On 5/25/2020 at 6:56 PM, Beardog said:

bought and sold stuff there no problems , always got and paid a decent price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you look, there are second-hand fittings and furniture places around. If you know Soi Kopai (Thepprasit Soi 6), then about halfway along it on the east side there's a big place. Hard to describe, it's just a warehouse with stacks of old stuff inside and out. I looked in there years ago and it all seemed a bit tatty to me, though the Thais probably regard it as 'slightly-soiled' from a pricing perspective. Best to take a Thai friend with you.

Bahtsold is a good online option, also the Carousell app is growing here in Thailand. I used it dozens of times in Singapore and was waiting for its arrival in Thailand because it is so useful and easy to use.
You could also try the local boards in the 'real world'. Downstairs at Big C Extra and outside of Foodland are ones that I know of.

On 5/30/2020 at 9:46 AM, Guderian said:

If you look, there are second-hand fittings and furniture places around. If you know Soi Kopai (Thepprasit Soi 6), then about halfway along it on the east side there's a big place. Hard to describe, it's just a warehouse with stacks of old stuff inside and out. I looked in there years ago and it all seemed a bit tatty to me, though the Thais probably regard it as 'slightly-soiled' from a pricing perspective. Best to take a Thai friend with you.

The younger owner/manager speaks good English if he is there. I have had him come out and take a few things off my hands at "reasonable" prices which I may otherwise have just thrown away. Show him or one of the staff some pictures and they will usually give you a price there and then.

• Thanks 1