health affect of season change?

Sambora

Hello everyone,

I've been wondering if the season changes in Thailand e.g. the current change to rainy season comes with any negative effects on our health? I am thinking something in the area of overall tiredness, mood, sleeping quality, headaches etc.

In the western world people like to say that certain weather patterns may cause aforementioned symptoms. Is this also true for our beloved rainy season here? What are your experiences on this?

I notice health changes for sure due to the increase in humidity and heat now. When doing intense exercise heart rate can be 10bpm more than normal, plus much easier to get dehydrated so must drink more water and electrolytes. Harder to sleep if you don't use AC, so use more AC this time of year so you can sleep

I agree with Scubascuba and have one more thing.

Take care of Dengue fever, in the rain time the dengue and malaria risk will increase. That means you must think of your clothing to wear, maybe use moscito spray and also look at the place where you stay, is your sleeping room free of moscitos etc.

Start of the rainy season in Thailand is also start of the influenza season

As for mood effects, haven:t heard of any. Tiredeness could be due to dehydration/electrolyte imbalance as it has been unusually hot lately