Pheu Thai slams government over heavy economic cost of battle against pandemic

webfact

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When will Pheu Thai clean up their own house and get rid of the corrupt Shinawatras?

Thailand needs new and clean politicians and politics. Not more of the same old failures. 

You mean the Shin's are still in complete control and run every day to day operation of Pheu Thai, I think if anything they are a name only that brings fear to certain people, that's like saying Obama and Bill Clinton still run the Democratic party.  Although I do agree that all politics needs to be cleaned up, I hate politics in general.  This issue of the current government being criticized for imposing tough economic measures that has caused high unemployment, and stagnated the economy is long over due.  There has not been one debate in the senate or house here regarding any of the austere measures that have been placed out there.  In another side note floating more money to the government pawn shop is just more killing off of the lesser than peoples.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, petermik said:
34 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When will Pheu Thai clean up their own house and get rid of the corrupt Shinawatras?

Thailand needs new and clean politicians and politics. Not more of the same old failures. 

You seriously suggesting "clean politicians and politics" exist here.........:whistling:

I wrote: Thailand needs new and clean politicians and politics. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You mean the Shin's are still in complete control and run every day to day operation of Pheu Thai, I think if anything they are a name only that brings fear to certain people, that's like saying Obama and Bill Clinton still run the Democratic party.  Although I do agree that all politics needs to be cleaned up, I hate politics in general.  This issue of the current government being criticized for imposing tough economic measures that has caused high unemployment, and stagnated the economy is long over due.  There has not been one debate in the senate or house here regarding any of the austere measures that have been placed out there.  In another side note floating more money to the government pawn shop is just more killing off of the lesser than peoples.

No, Pheu Thai are not remotely like the Democratic Party; or any other political party in the Western democracies. They are a wholly owned family controlled political vehicle for the extended Shiniwattra family, in-laws and close allies.

So you think the criticism of the Thai government is long overdue? Do you also think the US, UK, and EU member states' governments have done such fantastic jobs? Would you prefer their figures and current situations?

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

It is up to the Thai people not one more farang.  They want to elect a three legged cat then so be it.  A shin would be a huge improvement at this time.  Shin's never messed with business or tourism.  The army has tinkered with both from day one.  My and other working expats are betting on Vietnam.   Its rapidly getting back to normal.  

You are joking! Shins creamed off from everything they could. Left things alone - for a price. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Better 100 Shinawatras than 1 prayuth or 1 picface or 1 mafia suthep  etc.

Really?

How long are you already in Thailand to have acquired this knowledge?

Or did you ask your tilac to tell you your opinion?

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

It is up to the Thai people not one more farang.  They want to elect a three legged cat then so be it.  A shin would be a huge improvement at this time.  Shin's never messed with business or tourism.  The army has tinkered with both from day one.  My and other working expats are betting on Vietnam.   Its rapidly getting back to normal.  

Sure it's up to Thai to vote. But those Thai should not be surprised to have corrupt politicians when they vote for corrupt politicians.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, petermik said:

You seriously suggesting "clean politicians and politics" exist here.........:whistling:

I honestly believe that Khun Abhisit was an honourable man, as was Khun Anand Panyarachun. Unfortunately the latter had agreed in an emergency to take the position for only one year, and equally unfortunate was the fact that Abhisit did not have the backing of the military, who probably even back then were having ideas of being taking over power. The way things are going in Thailand right now, it would not be surprising to see some political opposition forming a strong base, hopefully having absolutely no ties to a recent family ????

Edited by phantomfiddler
small addition to last sentence

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

How long are you already in Thailand to have acquired this knowledge?

Or did you ask your tilac to tell you your opinion?

Correct would be 'tee rak'since you have no knowledge I  assume you don't have a tee rak

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Because it locked down back in January.

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Weird thing is look at traffic deaths and corona deaths ? Why not sacrifice the economical situation for the traffic deaths? Ban all pick ups 

Your aim is rather amiss. Motorbikes are the cause of at least 75% of traffic deaths in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pheu Thai slams government over heavy economic cost of battle against pandemic

Normal Political party attacks. That will Never stop No matter what country .They will Always try to dig up dirt on their opposite party/members.

And we're supposed to believe that Pheu Thai Party would have done it differently? 
The one commonality throughout Thailand as well as the world is that every aspiring petty dictator from the mayoral level up through the national leaders jumped at the chance to exert power and destroy their economies with the exception of Sweden, Belarus and a handful of other countries. 

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You are joking! Shins creamed off from everything they could. Left things alone - for a price. 

Thanks for making my point that much clearer.  He did not bother tourists and did not hamper other's business.  Yes. at a lower price than the army he raided the cookie jar.   Thaksin could have been the greatest leader in Asia if he wasn't so in love with money.  He took money and robbed himself of a place in history.   He was and is a short sighted fool.   

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

No, Pheu Thai are not remotely like the Democratic Party; or any other political party in the Western democracies. They are a wholly owned family controlled political vehicle for the extended Shiniwattra family, in-laws and close allies.

So you think the criticism of the Thai government is long overdue? Do you also think the US, UK, and EU member states' governments have done such fantastic jobs? Would you prefer their figures and current situations?

Do not go putting words in my mouth @Baerboxer.  No country has done anything right in my book.  Damned if you do and damned if you do not.  The Op is about the Pheu Thai party calling the government out and that's what I responded to.  I was anecdotal with my comparison of the Shins and the Dem's......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dabhand said:

Your aim is rather amiss. Motorbikes are the cause of at least 75% of traffic deaths in Thailand.

Fine okey Ban all pickups and motorcycles this will save evidently much more lives then closing beaches and businesses.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

In order to achieve a turnaround, he said the government must prevent businesses from collapsing, stop job losses, and prevent damage to financial institutions.

A bit late for that!