A massive database of 8 billion Thai internet records leaks

webfact

1 hour ago, Eddy Ozark said:

Time to say goodbye to AIS a service that spies on their customers.

ALL mobile service providers spy on their customers, it's required to route calls and provide accurate billing. But MANY have been caught out making their live database available and open when giving access to third-party vendors.

For a long while I had access to TOT's parts inventory database. 

14 hours ago, Eddy Ozark said:

Time to say goodbye to AIS a service that spies on their customers.

Trust me there is not much need for spying when info is often freely given out by Immigration

When we lived in Chiang Mai I would be sometimes be given sheets from Immigration & when I turned them over I saw things like some Japanese guy's passport photo & info

Other had residence info of other foreigners etc etc etc

Seems all that paper they require from us as expats on visa is often re-used as scrap paper for them to print on the opposite blank side what they need to hand out. No thought given to what they use as scrap had personal info on it.

On 5/25/2020 at 12:40 PM, ukrules said:

Why do they have a system that logs your every move?

They're an ISP, not a part of the state surveillance apparatus.

An explanation is required here as to why this database exists, it would take a considerable amount of work, infrastructure and resources to create and maintain such a system for all of their customers so there must be a very good reason to have it.

Maybe on governments orders ?

On 5/25/2020 at 3:46 PM, rasmus5150 said:

Not in Thailand.

80% traffic linked to YouTube cats videos, series with hysterical females and men with too much make-up and last game shows with sound effects that would make Benny Hill jealous.

You forgot the hours upon hours of vehicular crashes that people watch and of course the morning news shows, show over and over.  Even Yinn posts them here on TV.