Thailand reports 2 new coronavirus cases, 1 more death

webfact

Thailand reports 2 new coronavirus cases, 1 more death

s2.reutersmedia.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand confirmed two new coronavirus cases and one additional death on Monday, a health ministry spokesman said.

The new numbers brought the total number of cases in the Southeast Asian country to 3,042 and deaths to 57 since the outbreak began in January, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the COVID-19 Administration Centre.

More than 96% of the patients, or 2,928 people, have recovered, he said.

(Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat and Panarat Thepgumpanat; Editing by Martin Petty)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-25

One death, 2 new cases in 24 hours

By The Nation

800_0a6f74b9f068fdf.jpg?v=1590384989

Thailand reported one death and two new confirmed cases over a 24-hour period, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), said today (May 25).

The number of Covid-19 patients has now increased to 3,042.

The two new cases are a 46-year-old Chinese woman and a 55-year-old masseuse, who returned from Russia. Both didn’t initially show any symptoms.

Meanwhile, a 68-year-old female who had end-stage renal disease, diabetes and hypertension died of respiratory failure at Chumphon hospital. She had been in close contact with a previous patient and was confirmed to be infected with Covid-19 on April 14. She died of septicemia, which causes acute myocardial infarction, on May 24.

Seven people have fully recovered and returned home in the past 24 hours.

Of the confirmed 3,042 cases, 57 are under treatment, 2,928 have recovered and been discharged, and 57 have died.

Globally, the number of Covid-19 cases has passed 5.4 million, while 340,000 have died.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388457

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-25

• Sad 1

And today the number goes upwards, again up and down, just like a heart beat EKG,  2 new cases, and 1 Death, but no indication in the news or in this story to indicate location.....keeping us in the dark like mushrooms I guess.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And today the number goes upwards, again up and down, just like a heart beat EKG,  2 new cases, and 1 Death, but no indication in the news or in this story to indicate location.....keeping us in the dark like mushrooms I guess.

The Bangkok Post website, nearly always breaks these down in more detail than the story on here does.

Masseuse was in quarantine in Chonburi after returning from Russia and the other was the wife of an already diagnosed infected man in Phuket.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, w94005m said:

The Bangkok Post website, nearly always breaks these down in more detail than the story on here does.

Masseuse was in quarantine in Chonburi after returning from Russia and the other was the wife of an already diagnosed infected man in Phuket.

Thank you for the information.  At the time all was posted it was all in a gray Area, guess I just need to wait and let all the news filter in.....I just wish reporting was thorough here...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That update was posted after my post Bob, If I had seen the update then my post would have indicated such.  However, how does a Chinese national repatriate to Thailand from Russia, when only Thai Nationals are being repatriated....

The Chinese national was already on Phuket with her infected husband.

It was a Thai masseuse repatriated from Russia.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thank you for the information.  At the time all was posted it was all in a gray Area, guess I just need to wait and let all the news filter in.....I just wish reporting was thorough here...

Agreed - it would be nice! And not too difficult with the low numbers at the moment.

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That update was posted after my post Bob, If I had seen the update then my post would have indicated such.  However, how does a Chinese national repatriate to Thailand from Russia, when only Thai Nationals are being repatriated....

The article does not say that the Chinese woman was repatriated from Russia, that's just your interpretation of something very unlikely.    The report does state that a 46-year-old Chinese woman was affected as was a 55-year-old Thai masseuse, who had returned from Russia.

48 minutes ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

It amazes me how bad the reporting is from the Nation and BP.  It's like an 7th grader's assignment that was done at the last moment and turned in for a 'C'

A post-article investigation needs to be pieced together from multiple sources every day.

The reporting is from Reuters and The Nation, not the Bangkok Post.   Thaivisa aggregates and re-publishes news from various sources for information, it does not instigate investigations into the sources of the news.

25 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Every time I see figures like these, I'm reminded that corvid-19 is far from a death sentence. What is a death sentence, figuratively anyway, is shutting down the economy. You just got to think that Sweden has gotten it right..... But, we won't know for a long time, until after this plaque has run its course and we can compare data. Still, shuttering an entire economy due to a 4% death rate just, somehow, doesn't resonate....

Thailand's entire economy has not "been shuttered", neither has any other country's entire economy.

That bit of news about the wife of the asymptomatic Italian guy coming down with C19 is a bit worrying, certainly for the Phuket authorities. The big unknown a few days ago was whether he'd brought the virus back from Shanghai (since he's asymptomatic, he could have been carrying it for months), or if he'd picked it up in Phuket? As he'd been back here since March and his wife has just come down with C19 it must mean that he contracted the virus locally in Phuket. I hope the contact tracing guys are busy on this one, and they're not relying on the Thai Chana system too much, lol!

18 minutes ago, Guderian said:

whether he'd brought the virus back from Shanghai (since he's asymptomatic, he could have been carrying it for months)

Would be the first time I've heard of somebody carrying the virus for that long.

2 people caught Covid 19, 1 died ( sadly for their family) 

This is headline news  

Meanwhile 69+Million people are on standby to get back to normality.

These mind games are being played out all over the world by governments and MSM.

The statistics say this isn't a worldwide pandemic. But still we go on...   

• Like 2

Thailand seems to have a rudimentary track and trace program set up. My big concern is: do they have manpower and computer power to do anything useful with the data collected or is this just for show? Track record regarding other data collected would tend to lean towards "all show and no go".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Greg O said:

Talk about stupid , what does it matter who or where, afraid are we ? There will always be lingering cases. Get a hobby....and by the way not only Thai Nationals are able to return..

Who else can return? Diplomatic passport holders, work permit holders (so it was announced initially) and.........? There will obviously be exceptions to such a broad rule. But please do tell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Every time I see figures like these, I'm reminded that corvid-19 is far from a death sentence. What is a death sentence, figuratively anyway, is shutting down the economy. You just got to think that Sweden has gotten it right..... But, we won't know for a long time, until after this plaque has run its course and we can compare data. Still, shuttering an entire economy due to a 4% death rate just, somehow, doesn't resonate....

Are you sure about Sweden...?  ????