Has Lazada changed it's shipping procedure ?

sangtip2

Hooray, my item arrived, so I must be happy.

Well I'm not, because I was sent the wrong item AGAIN.

To give a summary of my last 7 orders from Chinese sellers on Lazada, All different sellers.

5 orders were cancelled 1 or 2 weeks after order, only the last 2 came through, and both had the wrong items.

I will give Lazada a WIDE berth from now on, because they are really not worth wasting time any more

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 5:00 PM, Udox said:

they almost always used Kerry Couriers but the last month or so,  most have been from LEXexpress which appears to be a subsidary of Lazada (Lazada express) and I had never heard of them until recently.

Exactly! 
I've been ordering from Lazada for a few years now, but until a few months ago all of the vendors started using this LEX Express which has been terrible in my experience.
I used to order things in the afternoon, and by the next day, (afternoon) i would receive my package when they used Kerry. Now i'm having to wait between 3-5 days with LEX Express.  And each time i've had to pay  for this so  called "express" delivery ! 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 1

Have not had any issues with most couriers here in Bangkok but expect some will have problems outside of major cities.  But have noted very high charges for Kerry deliveries on some Shopee orders lately (last was 110 baht for what fit in an A4 mailing pouch).  Double the amount of product from another provider was only about 23 baht not using Kerry.  Kerry is good - but not that much better than others IMHO.  As for Lex express has been reliable for next day delivery for me.

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have not had any issues with most couriers here in Bangkok but expect some will have problems outside of major cities.  But have noted very high charges for Kerry deliveries on some Shopee orders lately (last was 110 baht for what fit in an A4 mailing pouch).  Double the amount of product from another provider was only about 23 baht not using Kerry.  Kerry is good - but not that much better than others IMHO.  As for Lex express has been reliable for next day delivery for me.

I tried Shopee, but gave up on it as too inconsistent.

I still have a look now sometimes, and notice that lately many items are " pre-order ships in 14 days ", which sounds very strange to me.

Then also a lot of items have 2 prices, like 14 - 900 Baht, which is a waste of time if you select price low to high.

The 14 Baht price is usually for something completely unrelated, but it puts them at the top of the search results

1 minute ago, Susco said:

The 14 Baht price is usually for something completely unrelated, but it puts them at the top of the search results

Have seen the same trend on Lazada - add a search engine that is just about useless.  I order from both but check closely - often one will have item but other not have (but sometimes that due to search engine so have to have exact name to be sure).  For me Shopee use of bank transfers at no cost is a good feature (which Lazada originally had).  Stopped using COD a year or so ago and no issues and seems to be faster delivery.

As for the pre-order without valid reason have not checked such items but expect they are listing as domestic city supply when actually they have to order from overseas?  Only a guess as have not bought any such item but have had overseas shipments which were not listed as such in the past.

Lazada problems of late. Ordering stuff and then cancelling because there is no response from the seller. 

I have one at the moment ( local ) , ordered mid day on the 7th , still "processing" I sent a message asking if it is likely to be delivered , still no answer .

It is a pity that you cannot rate the sellers that cancel . Having to cancel is happening all to often for me at the moment.

As for the delivery courier , I just think the seller grabs the cheapest , sellers are not bothered about delivery times.

• Like 1

I must be doing something wrong.

No problems with Lazada (although saying that probably means that my next order will go missing).

Most recent experiences...

1... Two items ordered from China (different sellers) on 31 Aug. Lazada Express combined them into one package and delivered 9th sept. (std delivery est 6-17 days)

2... Items ordered 9 Sept  from two sellers both delivered today, 11 Sep,  one by Lazada Express and one by Flash Express. Again Std delivery.

Have recently have had items delivered by Kerry,Lazada Express, Flash and J&T Express without problems.

I do not necessarily buy the very cheapest but check the seller ratings,amount of the item sold, star rating for the item. I also avoid new sellers(unfair on good new sellers but let someone else be the guinea pig) and sometimes read a few of the reviews and questions. Do not know if this helps or I have just been lucky.

Unless, of course I am doing something wrong.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My latest item has been in Lazada's sorting depot in Bangkok since Thursday midnight , I see this morning it has just left .

Lazada " Live Chat " is now automated so no joy there , just diverts back to tracking.

Telephoned Lazada , " it's on its way  " , I know that but I asked "why was it held since Thursday night ".

Reply " Don't know we will get back to you ".....Yeh , of course you will.

In all fairness, the teething problems that LexExpress has when they took over from Kerry seem to have been ironed out.  I don't know if it's because the drivers have got used to where I am now or they have settled down into the job - but I can't fault them now (personally). Of course the system only works once your package is at the local distribution centre - getting it there can sometimes be a problem and very time consuming - but thats not the local delivery guys fault. I agree that the new 'Live Chat' automatic service is complete <deleted>. I suppose they will be like everyone else and blame that on Covid too, which is very handy.

On 5/25/2020 at 2:21 PM, sangtip2 said:

I have been buying from Lazada for over a year now.  Every day that an order was to be delivered  I would get an email saying “Your order has been shipped”.   I would stay home that day and wait to receive it.   Then get a telephone call from the delivery driver telling me what time he figured to be at my house .    The last 3 orders  I never got the email   I got the phone call from the driver but no email .   Lucky I was home.  If I had gone out   I would have missed the delivery.     Am I the only one who does not get the  “Item has been shipped” email any more .   I know they still got my email address because I still get the “Your item has been delivered” email .    ???    

Your eye sight must be very good !

• 5 months later...

Once again , LEX picked up my package in Bangkok on Friday 7th. It was released early hours of this morning 11th. Nearly 72 hours my package has been sat at LEX in Bangkok , I complained to Lazada and once again there was the usual answer " it will be delivered blah blah blah "

It's a pity there isn't a check box you can use when ordering to stipulate which delivery firm you want to use.

anybody but LEX.

Edited by NE1

7 minutes ago, NE1 said:

LEX picked up my package in Bangkok on Friday 7th. It was released early hours of this morning 11th

But 8, 9 and 10 was a holiday weekend for government type workers.????