Vacuum cleaner recommendations?

bamboozled

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

That's not a million miles away from a Dyson price bamboozled..........  & they really are a top machine.

I have 2 Dyson, DC05 & DC19, the DC05 I have had for 15 + years and still works with no issues, even the filters are available from Lazada.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Indeed bag holds a lot more trash - but it also circulates a lot more into the air and throw away bags are often hard to source in Thailand.  I prefer my HEPA on vac rather than face.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy one I couldn't buy bags for. 

I prefer my HEPA filter in the return air ducts. 

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I prefer my HEPA filter in the return air ducts. 

In Thailand?  About the only place you will find those are commercial buildings - heating is not required so most have split system air conditioning with at source air intake not designed for restricted HEPA filtration.

Recently bought a Dibea F20 Max for 4,680 baht via Lazada. It's a Dyson look alike at 1/4 of the price. Very versatile, easy to use and powerful 25Kpa vacuum.. Can buy seperate replacement batteries if the original every fails. Recommended.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Recently bought a Dibea F20 Max for 4,680 baht via Lazada. It's a Dyson look alike at 1/4 of the price. Very versatile, easy to use and powerful 25Kpa vacuum.. Can buy seperate replacement batteries if the original every fails. Recommended.

Yeah, they have Rolexes like that...

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

In Thailand?  About the only place you will find those are commercial buildings - heating is not required so most have split system air conditioning with at source air intake not designed for restricted HEPA filtration.

That people in Thailand use splits is not because they don't need heat, the splits in countries that need heat provide heat. 

• Like 1

Trust me on this,Ive used these for 25  years they are virtually indestructible  HENRY vacuum made by NUmatic used  daily  commercially for sucking up dust the worst thing for vacuums. Cheap indestructible got one here off  lazada brought 3  with me new from the UK also

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 3:28 AM, Yorkshire Tea said:

Throw away bags available on Lazada.  Very cheap if you get them sent from China.

That's where I found bags for my Electrolux after searching the shops in vain for 6 months.  For durable parts, there's a lot of shops in Ban Mo near BKK Chinatown that sell all kinds of eclectic parts for laundry washers and vacuum cleaners.  Start at this corner and wander around the little rabbit holes in any direction...

13.746117°  100.497576°

Edit:  BTW, once I figured out where to get the bags, that Electrolux at around 1500 baht was a great unit.  Lasted at least 5 years before I gave it away when I moved out of Thailand. I suspect it's still cleaning someone's house.  I kinda went overboard on hoarding the bags, because... well, TIT and you never know what'll be in stock tomorrow.  And they were cheap online.

Edited by impulse

On 5/28/2020 at 7:28 AM, Keyser Soze666 said:

A load of 'men' discussing vaccum cleaners..dear oh dear..i truly despair.

As opposed to the macho guys whose entire knowledge of how to get things done in Thailand is to ask the wife?

3 hours ago, bodga said:

Trust me on this,Ive used these for 25  years they are virtually indestructible  HENRY vacuum made by NUmatic used  daily  commercially for sucking up dust the worst thing for vacuums. Cheap indestructible got one here off  lazada brought 3  with me new from the UK also

So if they're indestructible why do you need four?

I couldn't find them on Lazada...