BEWARE of fake Thai Chana apps

webfact

59 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's not an app for a start.

Exactly correct.

It is not an app. The government needs to emphasize this fact.

It is not an app. There is nothing to install.

Edited by timendres
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, connda said:

And how do you know where the management of Big C or Makro downloaded the QR code.
Now using paper and pen is the only method to use if you have an ounce of smarts. And use your own pen.

The problem with using the pen method which i did initially is it takes longer, often a longer closer queue in and out so a greater risk of catching Corona when it comes back, personally I've found the QR code much quicker

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

And how do you know where the management of Big C or Makro downloaded the QR code.
Now using paper and pen is the only method to use if you have an ounce of smarts. And use your own pen.

For Connda, I'll put aside my previous recommendation to just have a stamp made and in its stead recommend commissioning a signet ring fashioned with your info. Go classy.

And it is not possible to change the original QR papers with fake ones , can anyone read those QR  pic. with eyes .....you think 

Early before opening at Big C nobody to see on the Sukhumvit  BIG C garage entry .... 

If those crooks make the effort to fake the thing , they sure make it complete 

5 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Now there's an offer.  ????

As BIG C changed his opening hours and i did not knew , so i stood there  a long time , as when i would walk back condo i could almost come back , so a long wait with so many QR papers

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Now there's an offer.  ????

https://www.qrcode-monkey.com/    make your own QR ..... nothing is safe anymore ....for the bad guy's and girls.....anything can be on it , a txt , name , link even giving a permission 

dangerous stuff as you can not read with eye , read with qr scanner no wifi or internet connected to find out what it has inside 

Edited by david555

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's not an app for a start.

If you use the one using the QR code at Big C and Makro you'd expect it to be fine

I don't, I just act being a dumb farang not able to use the QR code and sign the book that is available. 

Government is already doing the website filtering on international gateways. One would assume fake government site isn't hosted in Thailand (would be extremely stupid to do so), hence it has to go through the gateway. Just block the darn thing and put up that warning like for the illegal sites. Can't be that hard.

Never going to download this so called app.  Just sign using a fake name and a fake telephone number.  Make the name illegible.  I will not be party to this illegitimate government power trip.

2 minutes ago, lujanit said:

Never going to download this so called app.  Just sign using a fake name and a fake telephone number.  Make the name illegible.  I will not be party to this illegitimate government power trip.

Good for you.  I sincerely hope the person in front of you passed on the virus and the power tripping illegitimate (although voted in) government cannot trace you.

The internet presence of the immigration has one thing in common - it does not work, be it TM30, the 90-days or general information. Anyone dealing with immigration is dealing with non-Thai matters yet most pages are in Thai only. 

So, how on earth does anyone expect a website or a "Thai Chana" app (which is not an app) to work, honestly? If you want to reveal data for membership cards etc. then that is fine; now the government steams down your neck with "health" concerns. Many people fill in the forms instead of using the non-App. Who is processing these forms?

Nobody honestly thinks that, given a discovered infection at the same time in the same shop as you've been, anyone would call or "app" you? Don't dream, its nothing but the Thai government's interpretation of 1984 by Orwell.

Interesting enough is also, that on the latest list on Big C extra, on the same page, Donald Duck had checked in; the page before Micky Mouse also left a nine-digit phone number ......... go figure! 

Conclusion is, that irrespective of genuine or fake whatever, nothing will work. Some millions where paid for the non-App, the government had a climax with another show of power - next please! 

19 minutes ago, lujanit said:

I'll visit you in the monkey Lujanit.

Putting down fake info' in a gov' initiative. Very dodgy!!

• Haha 1

I cant see how you would end up at a fake chana webpage, unless shopping malls etc start putting up fake QR codes at the entrance.

More tin foil hat stuff.

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well, what a tangled web we weave when at first we practice to deceive.  The Thai Government opened up a can of worms with this program and I am glad I never downloaded the app......

Exactly!! I have tried to warn the missus before this latest nonsense has started. Cannot trust things like this globally let alone here!! I mostly let her or her niece sign in where we go, while I walk in and buy. Many times paid and coming out before the nonsense has finished!! ????????????????????????????