90 day Reporting

I'm on what is known by some as Retirement Extension and advice I saw was to do it.  Normally I post but decided to try the IMM eservice app. Downloaded, registered and did the report all in about twenty minutes.  About two hours later I receive back that it is all done and downloaded the 'slip' with the next report date ....   

I'm being ultra cautious and turned up at Immigration Nonthaburi in full Hazmat suit prior to which I had filed on-line twice and sent in hardcopy by registered courier post.

Can't be too careful nowadays.

• Haha 2

I've attended Sisaket imm. today, and was told the exact thing in person. 

Accompanied by a very sincere "don't worry" when I tried to raise some potential issues. 

I would advise anyone to still try to apply online, or attend in person, as it could be interperated differently at different offices. 

It was a long time coming, but looks like common sense has prevailed nationally. 

8 minutes ago, northsouthdevide said:

I've attended Sisaket imm. today, and was told the exact thing in person. 

Accompanied by a very sincere "don't worry" when I tried to raise some potential issues. 

I would advise anyone to still try to apply online, or attend in person, as it could be interprated differently at different offices. 

It was a long time coming, but looks like common sense has prevailed nationally. 

SiSaKet IO has a reputation of being a strict but fair and sensible office.

And indeed it is NOT required to do your 90-day report during the Amnesty-period (till 31 July), so no need to go there in person or sending it by mail.

But if you can do it on-line, it is recommended to do so for a somewhat different reason.

As it is not sure that you would be able to do your NEXT 90-day report on-line, if you let the present due date slip.  And that would force you to do that next one either in person or by mail.

1 minute ago, Tarteso said:

I guess Firsts days of august will be a big queues in IO.

Not for 90 day reporting. Immigration will announce when skipped reports will be due. I think it could be done by the month when your last report was due.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tarteso said:

I guess Firsts days of august will be a big queues in IO.

Why should there be? If one accepts, as read, the immigration's statement 'No need to do 90 day reporting'. Then wouldn't it make also make sense to accept their other statement which says 'Immigration Bureau will process the abovementioned steps automatically'.

I take that to mean that following my next 90 day report, due next month, the next one after that will be due 3 months hence, in September.

However, maybe that's being a bit too logical! As @ubonjoe says, best wait until we hear from them.

As I now have the on-line system working for me, (after 5 years) I will attempt to do mine. But if I get the same result as @Makoshark I shall just leave at that. I will NOT go to the office, because the whole idea of this amnesty is to reduce foot traffic in the office. Going there would not be in the spirit of this at all.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2

Chiang Mai is accepting 90 day reports in person, online, by post by drive in.

Did ours yesterday by drive through, in and out in 5 minutes. Chiang Mai is notorious for going there own way so being pro-active, just in case. As are many up here.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Why should there be? If one accepts, as read, the immigration's statement 'No need to do 90 day reporting'. Then wouldn't it make also make sense to accept their other statement which says 'Immigration Bureau will process the abovementioned steps automatically'.

I take that to mean that following my next 90 day report, due next month, the next one after that will be due 3 months hence, in September.

However, maybe that's being a bit too logical! As @ubonjoe says, best wait until we hear from them.

As I now have the on-line system working for me, (after 5 years) I will attempt to do mine. But if I get the same result as @Makoshark I shall just leave at that. I will NOT go to the office, because the whole idea of this amnesty is to reduce foot traffic in the office. Going there would not be in the spirit of this at all.

I was thinking about “foot traffic in the office”. My Retirement Visa and 90 days match at firsts days of august.

Edited by Tarteso

Just submitted my 90 day report online this morning.  One hour and 20 minutes later I received an email saying that it was approved.  Since it only takes me a few minutes to do it online I figured I may as well do it at the proper time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Does this mean you can't do it person (just to be on the safe side)? As i live near my immigration office i would still rather do it in person on time and get the stamps in my passport.

You can do it in person, but it's absolutely certain that there are no consequences when skipping your 90-day report so why the effort of going to your IO when not needed.

However, doing it on-line is recommended but for a different reason > since it is not sure that you will be able to do your next 90-day report on-line again if you let the due date slip, and that would force you to do your next report in person or by mail.  For folks like myself that live far away from their local IO, that would be a real pain so I did mine on-line during the 15 day before till due date window.

18 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Does this mean you can't do it person (just to be on the safe side)? As i live near my immigration office i would still rather do it in person on time and get the stamps in my passport.

Of course you can, But not sure what you mean by stamps in your passport? 90 days is a slip of paper only!.

I tried yesterday to do my 90 days online. Not successful. Always getting message, please report at immigration.

Today, tried again, same story.

I did it for my daughter today and not 1 min later, it was approved.

What's going on.

2 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

I tried yesterday to do my 90 days online. Not successful. Always getting message, please report at immigration.

Today, tried again, same story.

I did it for my daughter today and not 1 min later, it was approved.

What's going on.

It may be that some information you are submitting to the online form doesn't match what's required to fulfill your submission; your 90-day requires confirmation before the online system will accept it; or your file has been 'flagged' not to allow.

I know, for me, it doesn't accept me because I've not exited/entered Thailand for 8 years ...and I've now recently renewed my Passport and have a new number; so if I want online to work I'll need to leave and re-enter so the database get updated.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, awol666 said:

Any news/update on 90 days reporting, regarding covid?

The are still not required until after July 31st. There will be no additional announcement about until it is decided whether the amnesty will be extended or not.

36 minutes ago, bangkokspur said:

had the same issue with the online reporting will not accept "please report to immigration."

90 day report due on the 11th this month, think i will just take a trip down to CW see if i can get it done 

Try the attached 90-day on-line Report Trouble-shooting Guideline.

Might save you a trip to CW.

90-day reporting website trouble-shooting.txt

On 5/25/2020 at 3:46 PM, GuyFawkes said:

Thank you Makoshark.   For me personally it could be a very useful document when 31 July comes!

I have my nest 90 day reporting due on the 2nd August which falls on a Sunday. Should I report on the Friday 31st July or on the Monday 3rd August or will I be fined 1 day overstay. Thanks all

10 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

I have my nest 90 day reporting due on the 2nd August which falls on a Sunday. Should I report on the Friday 31st July or on the Monday 3rd August or will I be fined 1 day overstay. Thanks all

There are 3 ways of doing your 90-day reports, each with different reporting windows.

When you do your 90-day report on-line you can do it from 15 days before till actual due date.  Note: Your next 90-day report will be from date of notification/approval, so better not do it too early.

When reporting in person at your local IO you can equally do it from 15 days before till actual due date, but there is a 7 day grace period (actual 6 days as the due date counts as day 1) for doing it late. 

Reporting by mail is also possible (but don't know the reporting window by heart, but believe the report then has to arrive 7 days before due date at your local IO).